Citi Field **Updated** New York Mets

driz14

it tells me to overwirte the file over a certain file idk how to do that

Ok man, don't do anything yet. I don't own the game so I can't help you with this, but many other people do have this game and they know how to properly install the mods for 2k9. Someone will read your request in here.

just put it into your main mlb 2k9 folder if when it says overwrite just click yes but before u do that id make a seperate folder and save the original before over writing,as Y4L says this should be common practice just in case u run into problems and save time from having to reinstall

ok right click on the file u want

the window that opens scroll down and choose copy

the go to the main mlb 2k9folder right click again inside the folder and choose paste

it should ask you to over write if so choose yes

in that main folder u should see all kind of files like these

biggs_trailer

player_head_0043

stadium_laa

uniform_cor_bph

just to name a few but theres many many more if u see these files like this then u are in the correct folder

hmmmm if it overwrote then there should be a change from the original because the ads should be different,u did put the new file in the mlb/2k9 main folder itself right?

also this may seem like a dumb question but when the overwrite came up u did click yes right??i ask this in case u may have clicked out of it instead of clicking yes and ok

as long as the new file is in the main folder and not in any other folder then it should work.The only files u want to put in another folder are the original file that is being replaced in case u want to revert back to the original.

Example: i made a new folder and named it originals.Inside it i have the global.iff and stadium and uniforms iff's because these are files that i do not want to lose in case of a crash.The game will read whatever files are in the main folder and not the created folder

if u overwrite it does the file name change or is it the original name with a different file in it

It would be the same name. Watch this example that I am going to give you.

***NOTE THAT I AM MAKING UP A FILE NAME JUST FOR THIS EXAMPLE***

Let's say that the original stadium name for the Mets in 2k9 is METSPARK.IFF.

Rename METSPARK.IFF to METSPARK.IFF.BAK (This way you are backing up your original files)

Now download the new Citi Field mod. Place the METSPARK.IFF in the correct directory. This way, you are not overwriting anything because you still have the original Mets Park as a backup. NOW you should have the mod for the new Citi Field. If this mod works for you, then you can safely delete the METSPARK.IFF.BAK file you made.

Archived