So, How Far Along Are You In Your 2009 Franchise?

Ticaliano

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10-12 with the Cardinals.

Hopefully your bullpen is performing better than the real life version. Man did I hear a lot of smack talk at my son's Cub League game today. It's stinks being a Cardinal fan in April living in North Central Illinois. By August, it's much better, and by Sept/Oct it's just paradise. I can't decide i I like watching the cardinals win playoff series better or watching the Cubs self-destruct. The latter takes a lot less time. BUt then again, I don;t get to run around the neighborhood yelling and screaming like when Wainwright froze Beltran with that wicked, wicked, wicked, deuce ... or when Ozzie hit the HR in game 5, or Jack did in game 6, or McGee's catch in 82. So many wonderful memories.

Oh yeah, franchise ... I was 13 games in (7-6), and now with the MVP Comm rosters, I'm 1-1 with a 4-3 lead in the 3rd game. Update my franchise thread tonight.

Hopefully your bullpen is performing better than the real life version. Man did I hear a lot of smack talk at my son's Cub League game today. It's stinks being a Cardinal fan in April living in North Central Illinois. By August, it's much better, and by Sept/Oct it's just paradise. I can't decide i I like watching the cardinals win playoff series better or watching the Cubs self-destruct. The latter takes a lot less time. BUt then again, I don;t get to run around the neighborhood yelling and screaming like when Wainwright froze Beltran with that wicked, wicked, wicked, deuce ... or when Ozzie hit the HR in game 5, or Jack did in game 6, or McGee's catch in 82. So many wonderful memories.

Oh yeah, franchise ... I was 13 games in (7-6), and now with the MVP Comm rosters, I'm 1-1 with a 4-3 lead in the 3rd game. Update my franchise thread tonight.

My bullpen is the problem... my starters can hold the game down until my relievers come in to blow the game. I've made some moves though which should help. I sent Piniero to be my long reliever and signed Sheets to be my 5th starter, with Kinney going down to AAA. I then traded Perez for some other relief pitcher, forget the name, that has more then a fastball and slider. Motte was pitching better then Perez and he also has a change up, so i kept him around. It didn't hurt that Motte is my favorite player either :) I also signed Izzy back for another year. If needed i will move one of my outfielders for a reliever I know can give some good outings. Since making those moves though I've been able to hold my own in the late innings (usually). We'll see how the season goes on...

After quite a bit of researching Libby scouting reports (magazine), I traded Glaus for Dontrelle Willis. There's a good amount of pros/cons for each team (which I'll get into in my franchise thread). The storyline of his comeback with Dave Duncan as pitching coach will add something to my season, especialy given Duncan's track record with Stewart, Welch, Honeycutt, Eck, Weaver, Lohse, and so on. Both guys, Willis and to a lesser degree Glaus, are on the verge of being replaced by prospects (Porcello & Barden) anyway. Their salaries macth up and Glaus is an 82, Willis a 78 ... so it's a wash in that regard. Really though, as a former lefty pitcher, I had to have a lefty to pitch with in the rotation ... if for nothing else, some variety ... and D-Train certainly brings that.

You resigned Izzy? Maybe on the video game he'll be better.

I thought of signing Sheets just to stick it to MIL for signing Suppan after the series. I control all 30 teams so I can limit the dumb moves he AI would make for the teams. I've thinking of which teams are gonna sign Pedro and Sheets.

joking--> I've thought of signing Mulder and converting him to an OF ... hey, it worked once. not joking --> Actually, with injuries off, Mulder might be good as LR and Pineiro as MR (Hmmmm).

Motte is pretty good as either MR or Setup. Perez has been lights out for me (2 of 2 in this franchise, 3 of 3 in the other). I thought of packaging Glaus/CPerez for Willis/Zumaya, but didn't feel like either team would really do that. Besides with Guitar Hero Metallica out, Zumaya will be injured in no time.

You resigned Izzy? Maybe on the video game he'll be better.

Yeah, he's 2 for 2 so far in saves. In his 2 appearances he's only allowed 1 hit which was a 2 out grounder that managed to get out of the infield.

Before then I had Perez in there who blew both of his save opportunities. Then I put Motte in there who was OK, he saved 1 of his 2 games. I tried Franklin next who done a pretty good job saving 2 of 3 but he was barely getting out of trouble.

10-4 with the Mets, and still experimenting with sliders.

The pitching still has me a little baffled, especially when the catcher places his glove outside the strike zone I usually get a wild pitch. I don't know if that's my own doing or a bug in this game.

turn off catcher suggestions in the options. he'll just stand back in the middle.

I haven't started mine yet since I found out the sim #'s are screwed (yet another thing to fix) after that I'll start mine.

I was 4-7 in my mariners franchise with the old with snash's old rosters, I'm startin over with the new rosters though

Just finished up the Minnesota series in my Whitesox dynasty. Snash released that new roster a day late for me. I had already had too much work invested into my 'chise. :lol:

Oh well, I'll make do. ;)

Braves - 3-2 and in 2nd place by a 1/2 game behind Philly and Washington. I am playing with the starting day line ups with the excepttion I started Glavine on my roster as my #3 starter and I created myself as my starting 1B man. I sent Kotchman to AAA and will be looking to trading him. I am working on building a franchise site and starting my franchise thread, just been real busy this week.

Braves - 3-2 and in 2nd place by a 1/2 game behind Philly and Washington. I am playing with the starting day line ups with the excepttion I started Glavine on my roster as my #3 starter and I created myself as my starting 1B man. I sent Kotchman to AAA and will be looking to trading him. I am working on building a franchise site and starting my franchise thread, just been real busy this week.

Looking forward to your 'chise thread, jawil. I follow the Braves every year.

Good luck.

Just finished up the Minnesota series in my Whitesox dynasty. Snash released that new roster a day late for me. I had already had too much work invested into my 'chise. :lol:

Oh well, I'll make do. ;)

Hey Maestro- I think your post answers my question, but if we already have a franchise going and we want to use Snash's 1.1 rosters, we'd have to start over with the new rosters, right?

Archived