So, How Far Along Are You In Your 2009 Franchise?

Ticaliano

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9-3 with the mariners. mostly close low scoring games.not a lot of homeruns for me,as it should be with the M's. Now I have the Safeco field mod installed and am really good to go.I am loving this game and dont seem to be having the problems ive read about.

A lot of the problems you "read about" are likely combing from 'gamers' that have very little skill or chalk up every one of their mistakes to "bugs/glitch". There are so many complaint threads that are reall y"user error" or "user sucks" threads.

When everyone has the problem, then you know it's a bug. When it's just you that has the problem, then you know the cause.

Hey Guys,

I am 24-10 as the jays...yes, the Jays :)

I signed Adam Dunn as a free agent and he has been a monster.

Most games are fairly close. I am still playing with sliders.

Halladay has pitched very well as has Percey.

Vernon Wells and Rolen have hit well also.

Having a lot of fun with the game.

Hey Guys,

I miss Rolen, I always liked him. Doesn't Toronto have Eckstein too? He was my favorite player when he was in STL. I'm gonna have to trade for him just to have him on my team :)

I started a brand new franchise tonight with the Cleveland Indians. I had one going with the Dodgers, but since snash came out with that great roster update, I decided I'd start off brand new. First game we absolutely clobbered the Rangers 11-2. It's the first real blowout i've had with my sliders and a little surprising considering I've had nothing but real close wins or the other team blows me out of the water. But tonight I pitched alot of balls outta the zone and hit really well. Peralta and Martinez hit for homers and Derosa went 4 for 5 with 4 rbi's. Cliff Lee pitched a complete game pitching 97 pitches, 68 for strikes, 1 walk, and 6 K's. Cleveland turned 4 double-plays which helped a bunch considering the Rangers had the bases loaded 4 times. This is gonna be interesting!! Was really surprised by how much Texas swung at pitches outta the zone. They probably could have had about 4 or 5 more walks.

Sadly, that is the case.

Mestro,

I haven't noticed ANY reduction in AI batters swinging or taking more walks with the new rosters. matter of fact, my strike %'s for both teams have been HIGHER than with the original Snash rosters (same slider set).

I was 15 games into my last franchise, and I am thinking of just continuing that one since the rosters didn't really seem to affect the walk thing and/or take pitches ( I generally get realistic pitch counts and strike %).

I was able to STEAL a base with Brendan Ryan (80), but was thrown out 2 other times with Rasmus and Greene).

I can always edit the throwing arm rating of the catcher of the team I am playing as I go through the season. It would take a lot MORE time to go back through and play the 12 games with franchise updates by starting over.

I miss Rolen, I always liked him. Doesn't Toronto have Eckstein too? He was my favorite player when he was in STL. I'm gonna have to trade for him just to have him on my team :)

Nope, he plays for the Padres now. And if im not mistaken he's playing second base this year.

Im 8-12 with the Pirates my pitching is solid but i have no run support so im looking for a bat to build a team around.

Hey Guys,

I'm a big Scottie fan, but for the last few years he's been the "Tin Man". As long as LaRussa is there, Scottie's heart won't be in it. I understand where Scottie is coming from. I have tremendous respect (as a former pitcher) for 3B and C. Rolen's defense and hard-nosed play, with his respectful-to-the-game attitude are admired by me. But, he did get quite pouty when Spezio played (and was a big part of the success). I feel bad for Scottie, b/c the HR that Chavez robbed could have been his big "final moment" as a Cardinal. That shot (in the 6th, I believe) would have likely been the "nail" for the cards. Instead, Molina takes Heilman deep later in the game, and is the hero. I always thought, at least, Scottie deserved that go ahead homer. LaRussa has a way of pissing off guys he doesn't really want (Ozzie and Scottie) ... even if they're guys that are fan favorites, and always will be.

I miss Renteria more than I miss Eck. Eck should have moved to 2nd a long time ago. While he hustles and hustles and hustles, SS is the position that requires the most natural ability of them. No amount of practice and hustle can assist you getting a ball without a dive in deep SS, and making a throw like it was out of a canon. Still, Eck does the little things that help teams win championships. I'd love to have him back in StL ... at 2B.

iam 5-7 now with the Tigers but i have some simulated games in between ..i think i played 5 so far and lost 3 of em..Cabrera, Thames and Polanco are having a good start.. Granderson is struggeling at bat (190ish Avg.)

Seems like the pitching needs to pick it up and iam close to last in fielding%

Iam using a new set of sliders for the next games and I want to play as much as I can. Should be a fun franchise with some typical 2k9 moments of frustration :huh: .. i take it though..last year I played the show on my psp and this is way better with some mods and good sliders :D

I quit my Mets season after 9 games after the patch and went back to a better baseball game, MVP05. 2K9 Looks great but GOD, so many flaws. Unplayable

It's gotten alot better since the patch IMO. Your right, there is still a few flaws, but rarely have I seen them post patch. Some of the fielding errors I think was alot of my own fault. Sometimes the analog sticks get a little too touchy at times and causes alot of my problems. I use them for pitching and fielding and use classic for hitting. I'm really having a blast with this game now. As far as unplayable, I don't think it is. Has alot of potential with the modding and sliders and hopefully another patch.

Well I've played 9 games with the Indians and have a 7-2 record. Swept the Rangers in series one, won one and lost two against the Blue Jays, and just got done sweeping the Royals tonight. Man i'm loving my slider set-up now and this was a great test for them in my 1st 9 games of a franchise. Had a few lopsided games but for the most part really close games. Seen some great homers , without using the left stick at all. I've had 11 homers in the first nine games. I signed Mark Mulder and released Lewis has been the only change i've made. I started using total classic for hitting and the rest is total control for fielding and pitching.

2-4 with the royals. just got swept by the yankees, man did they kill me. Gil meche out for 62 days, tough for a team who already hasnt got a very good pitchingstaff.

Just a heads up, turn injuries off or your entire team will be dead by time the season ends.

Just a heads up, turn injuries off or your entire team will be dead by time the season ends.

yeah well the injuries anoy me, but i like putting some minorleaguers in there to try to replace them.

BTW im 3-4 now ( beat the indians 4-1 at my homeopener, Greinke 8IP, 1ER) and now got a 4-3 defecit in the top of the fifth.

0 - 3 With the Twins.

Using Wicked's Sliders.

The Sliders are great so far.

Just lost a heartbreaker where I had Michael Cuddyer placed perfectly in the fielding circle and he watched the ball fall to the ground to let the go ahead run in.

Some aspects of this game drive still drive me batty...

I was off to a 5 - 0 start with default All-Star sliders and made the decision to start from scracth after I beat the Sox 23 - 6 and every player but 2 hit at least one home run.

That's just stupid.

That is when I made the switch to Wicked's sliders.

I also have a tendency to start my franchise over when a Roster Update is released.

Still getting a feel for the game.

Heck, I am still trying to figure out how to call a guy from the minors!

Am having very realist game scores and stats all the way across the board 20 games into my season with the Braves. I am 13-7 and 2.5 games ahead of the phillies. I have to say this has been by far the most realistic outcomes i have had since playing MVP. Most of my team stats thus far are in the middle of the league average(unlike before where i was at the bottom or top of nearly every stat). I am very happy with what progress has been made from the day the game came out. ;)...With that in mind I think in time it will be a very solid game.

• 2 weeks later...

I am 10-1 with the sox. I called up one pitcher from AAA and put him in the rotation so that I can start utilizing my farm system and start getting my future starters figured out. My middle relief is crap so I put Wakefield as a LR and put Smoltz there as well. I brought up a MR from AA and he is playing amazing. Has not allowed a run yet and actually picked up a win. As for my offense...I have lost Bay for about 80 days....Drew is injured but no DL...and Lowrie for 70 days. I lead the league in fielding percentage as well as pitching...All baseball games I am better at pitching that offense anyway, so there is nothing surprising.

Last night I was playing the Orioles and with 2 outs in the bottom of the 8th i hit a double with ellsbury, stole 3rd and then while I was trying to take a lead off off 3rd, accidently and successfuly stole home! So I warmed up Papelbon and won the game and got the save...crazy.

Archived