Wicked Sliders

Wicked420

These are the sliders I use. They may not work for everyone but I figured I'd share them. I started with JR's sliders but tweaked them a lot, they turned out to be almost an entirely new set.

Sliders are not meant to be perfect for everyone. You will need to tweak them to fit you.

These sliders are not for the novice player!

Lower "User Batting: Batting Pitch Influence" to 0 if you are having low homerun totals. Or, check the very bottom of this post for updated hitting sliders.

ONLY use the left hit stick when trying to hit home runs.

Be patient at the plate, work counts, and look for that high fastball to blast.

Pitch smart, don't elevate pitches often or send anything down the middle of the plate. Try not to get behind in the count.

Stealing hasn't been tested much, I play with a slow team.

I don't play with Inside Edge.

Probably something else I'm forgetting, lol. I'll update later if I think of anything else.

User Settings

User Batting:

Batting Success: 40

Batting Contact: 35

Batting Power: 100

Pitcher Handedness Influence: 100

Inside Edge Batting Zone Influence: 75

Batting Pitch Influence: 40

Batters Eye Influence: 0

Hit Direction Influence: 100

Zone Hitting Influence: 0

Bunt Contact: 40

Bunt Success: 40

User Pitching:

Pitch Meter Speed: 100

Pitch Speed: 80

Gesture Recognition: 90

Hold Timing Influence: 90

Release Timing Influence: 90

Pitch Rate Influence: 100

Pitch Break Influence: 100

Pitcher Composure Influence: 90

User Fielding:

Fielding Errors: 40

Throw Meter Influence: 80

Fielder Speed: 55

User Running:

Base Runner Speed: 70

Pickoff Success: 20

Catcher Throw-Out Success: 40

AI Settings

AI Batting:

Batting Success: 80

Batting Contact: 30

Batting Power: 100

Pitcher Handedness Influence: 100

Inside Edge Batting Zone Influence: 100

Batting Pitch Influence: 75

Bunt Contact: 40

Bunt Success: 40

AI Pitching:

Pitch Success: 45

Pitch Selection Tendency: 50

Strike Zone Tendency: 5

Pitch Zone Tendency: 15

Pitcher Composure Influence: 90

AI Fielding:

Fielding Errors: 25

Fielder Speed: 55

AI Running:

Hit'n' Run Tendency: 50

Sacrifice Bunt Tendency: 60

Squeeze Tendency: 55

Base Running Aggression: 70

Steal Aggression: 75

Steal Success: 60

My Pitcher Fatigue: 60 (I pitch and hit aggressively, you may want to set it lower).

Results of 13 games:

(450kb, Slower connections may take a second to load)\

These are my personal results, depending on your style of play and skill you will have varying results.

Wicked_Sliders_Tests.jpg

EDIT: [These are not included in the slider file]

Alright guys, I have a new set of user hitting sliders. I was having some HR troubles before, but after 20 or so games with these, that problem seems solved.

I DO NOT USE THE LEFT STICK with these HR sliders.

User Hitting:

Batting Success: 20 (Was 40)

Batting Contact: 60 (Was 35)

Batting Power: 100 (Same as before)

AI Pitch:

AI Pitch Success: 50 (Was 45)

Wicked_Sliders.rar

These are the sliders I use. They may not work for everyone but I figured I'd share them. I started with JR's sliders but tweaked them a lot, they turned out to be almost an entirely new set.

These sliders are not for the novice player!

It is good to share your sliders. Like you, I really don't care if the sliders I use work for anyone but me. If I'm having a blast with them, then great. Still it is good to share b/c someone out there is similar to you and looking to have a good experience.

I think your pitching sliders are what I will drifting towards.

I have not had much success with the "high success low contact, high power" types of sliders. The games (two) that I used them were primarily "weak singles contests" (both user and AI), and I had what I felt many singles on what should have been outfield flyouts.

I do know that others have posted great satisfaction with these tweaks, both here and at OS, so give em a shot.

Sliders were working great and had fun and close game until the fifth inning when the computer defense farted. Yeah I know how to center the damn fielder, so you can shove your "User Error" bs. 2 Balls went right through the outfielder. Excellent 5 and a half innings though. Some reason I haven't uninstalled this pile. I keep hoping there is this magic wand that can fix it.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of rhyme and reason with the "OF glitch" thing. I had 2 occurrences in my 1st 3 games, none in the next 11, and then it happened in my 15th game. Luckily, none of the occurrences have been game changing, only frustrating/confusing. One can only chalk it up to "lost the ball in the sun/lights" so many times.

Game results posted in first post. The other 11 games in my 'chise i played with tweaked sliders so I didn't include those.

@Rolie

Those outfielder glitches are annoying as ****! Like CircleChange said, I sometimes get them 2+ games in a row and then none for the next 10+. Except many of mine have been game changing/ending. All well, for some odd reason I still really enjoy this game. But there are times i want to just destroy the damned thing.

Game results posted in first post. The other 11 games in my 'chise i played with tweaked sliders so I didn't include those.

@Rolie

Those outfielder glitches are annoying as ****! Like CircleChange said, I sometimes get them 2+ games in a row and then none for the next 10+. Except many of mine have been game changing/ending. All well, for some odd reason I still really enjoy this game. But there are times i want to just destroy the damned thing.

What about BB´s?

What about BB´s?

I didn't post them because i am an aggressive hitter. I am patient, but aggressive. When I actually try to take walks I can get usually get 2-5 a game depending on the pitcher. But I personally swing a lot on 3-0/3-1/3-2 counts, only getting 1 or 2 walks a game.

Wicked ....

Here's something I used to fine tune the sliders I was using for 2k7/8 for 'realism'.

These are the MLB combined per game averages from 2007. Your 13g averages listed below.

®9.6 (AB)69.0 (H) 18.5 (BA) 0.268 (S)12.2 (D)3.8 (T)0.4 (HR)2.0 (E)1.2 (K)13.2 (BB)6.6

®6.1 (AB)XX.X (H)18.0 (BA) X.XXX (S)13.7 (D)2.4 (T)0.5(HR)1.5 (E)X.X (K) XX.X (BB) X.X

I could never quite get the walks per game to approach 6.6, so I allowed for more hits per game, to keep the runs per game close to the mlb average. I was amazed with 2k8 how close the stats were from the simmmed games compared to the actual MLB averages (I alternated btw playing and simming, game-by-game)

If you don't mind my commentary, it looks like with a little uppage in power, you'd have some very,very accurate slider results. Pretty darn close as it is. Good job. I know it's only 13g and one has to look at the teams involved, but one of theams you're using (StL) is a pretty good offensive squad, and you played 10 games v. the mets/cubs that also have good hitting clubs.

Theoretically, I'm not quite sure what would be the "best" way to up power since both sets are already at 100. If you don't mind, I may experiment a little.

Wicked ....

Here's something I used to fine tune the sliders I was using for 2k7/8 for 'realism'.

These are the MLB combined per game averages from 2007. Your 13g averages listed below.

®9.6 (AB)69.0 (H) 18.5 (BA) 0.268 (S)12.2 (D)3.8 (T)0.4 (HR)2.0 (E)1.2 (K)13.2 (BB)6.6

®6.1 (AB)XX.X (H)18.0 (BA) X.XXX (S)13.7 (D)2.4 (T)0.5(HR)1.5 (E)X.X (K) XX.X (BB) X.X

I could never quite get the walks per game to approach 6.6, so I allowed for more hits per game, to keep the runs per game close to the mlb average. I was amazed with 2k8 how close the stats were from the simmmed games compared to the actual MLB averages (I alternated btw playing and simming, game-by-game)

If you don't mind my commentary, it looks like with a little uppage in power, you'd have some very,very accurate slider results. Pretty darn close as it is. Good job. I know it's only 13g and one has to look at the teams involved, but one of theams you're using (StL) is a pretty good offensive squad, and you played 10 games v. the mets/cubs that also have good hitting clubs.

Theoretically, I'm not quite sure what would be the "best" way to up power since both sets are already at 100. If you don't mind, I may experiment a little.

Change anything you want, that's what they are up here for :). Post your results in this thread and maybe it will help some other people.

EDIT: Lowering the "Batting Pitch Influence" slider will help you with higher HR totals.

Hey Wicked... that was exactly what I was looking for... many thanks for your work and input to the game :)

-edit- I played around with these sliders... and they are great... good games. The only thing I would like to know is how much Pitcher Fatigue do you use? Mine is still on 50 and my pitchers seem to be way too relaxed even after 7 or 8 innings of play.

Played 1 Franchise game (I was the Cubs) with these sliders and am not sure of the results, but here they are:

Pitching:

Cubs: Hits/10, Runs/5, ER/5, BB/0, S.O./5, HR/2, ERA/5.00

Astros: Hits/10, Runs/10, ER/10, BB/3, S.O./12, HR/4, ERA/10.00

Batting:

Cubs: AB/37, RBI/10, AVE/.297, 0 Stolen Bases, 3 Doubles

Astros: AB/36, RBI/5, AVE/.277, 0 Stolen Bases, 3 Triples

Things of minor note (not affected by sliders) Oswalt threw out his shoulder in the 5th inning (15 days), and N. Cotts took a line drive to the head in the 6th (36 days).

Like I said, not too sure, as it seemed once their pitcher was shaken he couldn't do anything with his pitches, walked 2 of the 3 in a row on 8 pitches.

Hey Wicked... that was exactly what I was looking for... many thanks for your work and input to the game :)

-edit- I played around with these sliders... and they are great... good games. The only thing I would like to know is how much Pitcher Fatigue do you use? Mine is still on 50 and my pitchers seem to be way too relaxed even after 7 or 8 innings of play.

I put it on 60

Wicked --- I just wanted you to know that I played a very good 5-3 game tonight (StL@ATL) with your sliders.

I point this out b/c I had made a comment previusly about 2 games that I played with your sliders that wer "major bloopfests", and I don't feel that is accurate. I have no idea what happened in those other 2 games. But, something was not right. Maybe I didn't have the sliders correct. I've been wrong before. There was that time back in '89 ...

The 90-90-90 pitching sliders work well for me. Thanks. Challenging, yet realistic.

Good to see most of you getting good results.

Circle, did you see my edit in my post a few posts up about how to increase user HR's?

After a little more testing i would suggest upping the AI batter power from 90 to 100.

I had 100 for both. 2 balls were off the wall (one user, one ai).

Both teams had an OF glitch. I had never seen the AI get one.

Tried your sliders out tonight wicked and I must say very nice work. Only change I made was I dropped AI batting success down to 70. They seemed to get some very easy bloop base hits and that seemed to calm it down alot. I played Florida vs. Pittsburgh, I was Pittsburgh, and the final score was Florida 5 Pittsburgh 3. I took Maholm out in the 8th inning. He had 94 pitches, 69 for strikes with 8 k's and 2 walks. It was actually Florida 3 and Pittsburgh 2 at the time. Top of the 9th Cantu hit a 2 run shot into the left-field upperdeck and Pittsburgh came back with only 1 run, solo shot from McClouth. Was a really fun game though and I think I'll start another franchise using these sliders....thanks for your effort and work on these. The sliders seem to make this a much more playable game.

Archived