Lagging

lalalakers

I just installed the game, and am trying it out. I notice just flipping through the annoyingly complicated menus, and mainly trying to practice batting that the gae lags like crazy. I almost have to swing when the pitcher releases the ball, and still it tells me I've got a very late swing most of the time.

I have a 2 GHZ Core 2 Duo, with 2 GB of memory and a GeForce 7400. I thought this would be adequate, but apparently not. Any thoughts on how I can improve the lag? Thanks!

first thing is turn down all your graphics settings and screen resolution and see if that helps.

next update your video card drivers, and try it again.

I'm running it with a geforce 7600 512mb and I have to play at 1024x768 and turn down some settings and played with it a couple times till I got it right.

first thing is turn down all your graphics settings and screen resolution and see if that helps.

next update your video card drivers, and try it again.

I'm running it with a geforce 7600 512mb and I have to play at 1024x768 and turn down some settings and played with it a couple times till I got it right.

I had to turn all the setting down to, it makes the game ruun alot better

Hmm.. simply running the game on my laptop screen instead of my 22" seems to eliminate most of the lag.

Hitting, however, still feels like I'm setting before the pitch is thrown and swinging way earlier than I'm used to. Is that how the hitting is supposed to work, needing to distinguish a ball and a strike real early in a pitcher's motion, more realistic than the mvp series? Or is it still laggiing... I'm not sure.

Thanks for all the help guys.

I've got it running ok, bearable in practice (FPS around 40s). When I try to run a game, it'll be ok for a few minutes then the FPS will dive to single digits. I've updated the drivers and turned all the detail settings to low. Outside of lowering the resolution further, is there any other remedy? If not, I guess it's back to MVP for me.

Thanks for all the help guys.

I've got it running ok, bearable in practice (FPS around 40s). When I try to run a game, it'll be ok for a few minutes then the FPS will dive to single digits. I've updated the drivers and turned all the detail settings to low. Outside of lowering the resolution further, is there any other remedy? If not, I guess it's back to MVP for me.

Running okay for a few minutes and then dropping is strange.

When it drops to the low FPS settings, what is going on in the game?

And also, since it wasn't asked, what resolution are you trying to play this game at?

Nothing in particular is happening. I manage to get half an inning to an inning played before the FPS drops. Maybe it's a CPU problem.

I'm running at 800x600 now =(

make sure you turn off all background programs. all go through your startup and turn off anything you dont need running when you boot up the cpu.

If that doesn't work then you will probably need to replace the video card. The 7400 was a low end card. if you look on new egg you can spend 50 bucks or so and get a significant upgrade.

Archived