MVP 2005 may end up being released with a team missing....

Gamingboy

Because of the recent problems with the Nationals and whether or not they will be in Washington next year made me think:

Depending on how long this problem takes MLB to solve, MVP could end up being released with the Former Expos in the wrong place, or in the wrong uniforms.

Think about it, The Seattle Pilots moved to Milwaukee the day before Spring training ended.

So let's imagine that the Nationals stay in DC, that's good, but the hold up could cause such important things as Uniforms and stuff not known until after the time comes to release MVP.

Or what if the Nationals are announced that they will be going somewhere else (Let's say Las Vegas, because that's the first place that comes to mind). If they did this near the time MVP would go gold, the game would have the Washington Nationals still in it, when they are now a Las Vegas team, we'd then have to wait for the first patch to get the proper stadium/uniforms/team name.

So either MVP may end up delayed, or it'll come out with a team missing/in the wrong place/wrong uniforms/wrong stadium, or maybe nothing will happen at all. We'll have to see....

I did not think of that, but if something like that happened I'm sure EA Sports would release a patch for PC users, and for the rest of the users such as PS2, XBOX, GameCube they may put new games on the shelf, for example, when Dany Heatly got in the car crash and killed his teammate, they took NHL off the shelfs with Heatly because he was on the cover, and then they put Joe Sakic. So maybe EA Sports will do something similar to that by changing the team. Im don't im just guessing.

I'm sure that they will release it as the washington nationals, because they have a year committed to the city and RFK stadium, so no matter what at least one year will be in D.C. After that is a different story. Now it's not impossible that the team won't stay, plus after one year, MLB will sell the team. If the new owners want the team, MLB may just sell them stadium rights as well. Hell, the Blue Jays bought SkyDome, why not sell have to whoever wants the team!

I hadn't thought about that. I imagine that they will be the Expos when the game is released. We are going to have a lot of work to do to mod that franchise.

How about that Jim Bowden.

Yeah how about the JB, he is signing outfielders and other HITTERS but no pitchers, it look like his cincinnati days

I remember someone else saying this but I think it would be a good idea in case this DC team thing goes under.

You should have the option of choosing The Nationals or create a different team at the beginning of the dynasty.

I remember someone else saying this but I think it would be a good idea in case this DC team thing goes under.

You should have the option of choosing The Nationals or create a different team at the beginning of the dynasty.

you should be able to replace any team with a created team

Archived