Pitcher Fatigue & Perfeormance

Wicked420

Whenever one of my pitchers are completely drained, I am still able to pitch effectively. Just for testing purposes i put one of my relievers in during the first inning, and he pitched a complete game only allowing 3 runs against the Phillies.

It seems to lower the movement on the pitches, but not the effectiveness, which seems to make movement completely useless.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Yeah, without the stamina meter/gauge I wouldn't be able to tell if my pitcher is tired or not. They pitch pretty much the same regardless.

2k9 is as much arcade as it is sim, and I think that's by design. I feel that this game is moving rapidly in the direction of looking to please online gaming ... where games are fast-paced, full of action, and it's a 10-9 back and forth game with lots of offense. People don't seem to mind losing as much when they've hit 3 homers in the game.

Hmmm...It seems to me that when in the user mode, the pitches do not appear as accurate when they are fatiqued. Also. remember....If you have the injury factor turned on, I think you will find the pitcher has a greater risk of having an injury and possible DL time.

I have had no problem with accuracy when they are fatigued, and it isn't my sliders. I have all the pitching gestures at 100/100/100 with release timing on.

Injuries? They are way too bugged to play with, as much as I would like to use them.

I have had no problem with accuracy when they are fatigued, and it isn't my sliders. I have all the pitching gestures at 100/100/100 with release timing on.

Injuries? They are way too bugged to play with, as much as I would like to use them.

Yep, injuries is a definate no-no with this game. Not even worth dealing with!!

Whenever one of my pitchers are completely drained, I am still able to pitch effectively. Just for testing purposes i put one of my relievers in during the first inning, and he pitched a complete game only allowing 3 runs against the Phillies.

It seems to lower the movement on the pitches, but not the effectiveness, which seems to make movement completely useless.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Maybe it doesnt affect the "cosmetic" side of it, but definitly u get the picth indicator more shaky, having a hard time to paint corners, and i think u get smashed more frequently, despite the fact pitch "looks like" as efective as it should be in early innings.

i'm fairly certain the pitcher's velocity will also suffer. whether or not that hinders performance, however, obviously depends on the situation.

Have u noticed as farther we go with same pitcher, the little arrows below every pitch type (left box), become fewer, like 3 arrows, then 2 and so on....so it does affect the acuracy...

The biggest thing I notice as the game goes on and the fatigue sets in is the tendency to give up more Xbase hits. The first 3 innings are often a breeze, with the offense having more success as the game goes on.

Whether it is reflected in user difficulty/performance or not, the "effectiveness" of pitches seems to decrease rather steadily .... and rather quickly once you get to single digits.

So, regardless of whether you're able to throw your curveball to the exact same spot, using great gesture, in the late innings, the pitch will not have the same "effectiveness".

In regards to the user being able to throw strikes, I do not notice much change.

i agree..when i play my pitchers seem to give up a lot more hits and extra base hits when they get tired (40% or less).

what i don't see a difference in is the pitcher's readiness. Bringing in a pitcher who wasn't warmed up and hasn't pitched in a few days seem to not make any difference for me. does this happen to everyone?

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't notice a difference. I don't give up any more extra base hits, or get fewer K's when I'm fatigued. Nothing differs except for the movement of the pitch, which is easy to compensate for.

what i don't see a difference in is the pitcher's readiness. Bringing in a pitcher who wasn't warmed up and hasn't pitched in a few days seem to not make any difference for me. does this happen to everyone?

I also don't see any difference in warming them in the bullpen or bringing them in cold.

active bullpen OFF, means you don;t have to warm-pitchers up. You can bring them in via the substitution menu.

I started with it ON, and turned it OFF after a few games.

I've never found having it ON to be realistic b/c guys warming in the pen don't just "keep throwing" continuosly. If it looks like they won;t be in immediately, they'll take breaks, slow down, etc.

For me, there's no enhanced satifaction by manually selecting the guys to warm up.

active bullpen OFF, means you don;t have to warm-pitchers up. You can bring them in via the substitution menu.

I started with it ON, and turned it OFF after a few games.

I've never found having it ON to be realistic b/c guys warming in the pen don't just "keep throwing" continuosly. If it looks like they won;t be in immediately, they'll take breaks, slow down, etc.

For me, there's no enhanced satifaction by manually selecting the guys to warm up.

Man, i think it´s other way around....But dont know for sure....This game deals with stamina issue in a funny way...BTW, active bullpen means your reliefmen are always "active", or always "warm", i think this meaning makes more sense...

Man, i think it´s other way around....But dont know for sure....This game deals with stamina issue in a funny way...BTW, active bullpen means your reliefmen are always "active", or always "warm", i think this meaning makes more sense...

Active bullpen ON means they have to be manually warmed up by the user before they can be brought in, otherwise they enter the game "0% ready". When it's off, everyone is "100% ready" and you just pick who is coming in, without having to manually warm them up.

That's how it works for me, and I have the option turned OFF. I think we're saying the same thing.

I could likely get more innings out of my starters because with injuries turned off, they can pitch at 0% for 2+ innings without major drop-off, but I elect not to do that for realism purposes.

Yep, injuries is a definate no-no with this game. Not even worth dealing with!!

I am using injuries and have had no major problems one month in to my season...Have had 3 injuries one of them for only one game and the other 2 for around a week or so and they healed up wheni sent them down to the minors for a few games

I am using injuries and have had no major problems one month in to my season...Have had 3 injuries one of them for only one game and the other 2 for around a week or so and they healed up wheni sent them down to the minors for a few games

It may not be causing you major probs,but you might want to look at the rest of the league and see how bad it actually is. It can however be manipulated with tywiggins roster editor.I keep a close eye on injuries,I don't want all the stars around the league out with a ridiculous injury.

• 2 weeks later...

Something I have noticed is that One. The CPU always gives me the toughest time when I am pitching in the first 3 innings...it seems that my pitcher settles down as the game moves on....\Two. I have had pitchers become injured when I pitch him too long, and he went straight to the DL. Plus his pitches lost velocity and control. Third. Whenever I bring in a pitcher cold from the pen...he has absolutely NO CONTROL whatsoever...I meant to warm a pitcher up and accidently subbed him in and i pitch max power low and outside and it ended up high and inside spanked for a homer.

Question...do you all play with injuries off seriously....I mean, throughout a real season, many many ppl get put on a DL. More than we all think. I am a Sox fan, and there are many injuries that have already happened in the early season already.

beantown I play with them off, and I know how many injuries happen in real MLB. I had them on to start with but I was 3 weeks into my season with 3 of my best players out until the all-star break or later, (Pujols, #1 starter, & #5 starter) that is not realistic.

Archived