Detroit Tigers Concept Jerseys

CircleChange11

Here are a home/away version of the concept logos/jerseys made for mvp. I've used the jersey/hat script in these.

DETConceptJersey.jpg

rroy sent me the blank green images he uses to remove the bumps for lettering, etc. It turns out that it wasn;t the green screen edits that I was using was the problem. The problem is that when drag and drop the green screen over a 1900 type uni (collars), it doesn;t replace it, but rather "lays over it", so the collars are still somewhat visible.

Still, it's better than having 2 unis int he game that I never want to use again.

Since it's a 1900 jersey that's been replaced, there are no nameplates on the jerseys.

Somehow I made the crowd "green jello". *grin*

Just need to make some minor tweaks to these.

I've already made a couple jerseys for the cubs, cards, and currently Mariners. After I perform minor detail tweaking (adding some texture, shading, etc), I'll post em in this thread, instead of starting new ones.

One thing I like to do is take 70s jerseys and update them with a modern color scheme (Padres, Astros, Mariners, etc), so I'll give that a try and see how that looks. I believe HHeat did a similar thing with the Astros for MVP.

I'm struggling some with the bump/raised bmps. It takes quite a bit of detail work to get them match up exactly and look polished. I haven't spent that time yet. I've mostly just worked with colors and the script, so far. Quick n dirty.

I will also spend some time on "breaking up the script" where the jersey/button-area splits/overlaps, and add some shading like they/I did for the MVP jerseys. That adds a lot of realism ... when you break up the script so it looks like it's in "2 pieces".

The "Tigers" script also needs to be raised to go across the chest, instead of the upper abdomen. I'm also thinking it would lok better all orange-red, instead of a vest.

Any and all feedback, advice, tips, etc is appreciated.

If I can get "good" at doing this, I'm one that will make a lot of jerseys. If I can only make mediocre attempts, I won't pollute the site with junk.

I'm struggling some with the bump/raised bmps. It takes quite a bit of detail work to get them match up exactly and look polished. I haven't spent that time yet. I've mostly just worked with colors and the script, so far. Quick n dirty.

I will also spend some time on "breaking up the script" where the jersey/button-area splits/overlaps, and add some shading like they/I did for the MVP jerseys. That adds a lot of realism ... when you break up the script so it looks like it's in "2 pieces".

The "Tigers" script also needs to be raised to go across the chest, instead of the upper abdomen. I'm also thinking it would lok better all orange-red, instead of a vest.

Any and all feedback, advice, tips, etc is appreciated.

If I can get "good" at doing this, I'm one that will make a lot of jerseys. If I can only make mediocre attempts, I won't pollute the site with junk.

i like the gray ones

i thiink the all orange would look better to

I spent some more time on these (need to update with new pics).

The home jersey looks better all orange-red. I have 2 versions, one with "Tigers across the front", and another with the classic Detroit "D" as a white letter with navy trim. Both look pretty good.

On the jersey scripts, I broke apart the script into two pieces (dividing by the button area/overlap, staggered them, adding "overlap" shading and reconnected them for the effect that RedSox and Spungo made popular. Like in the fnatasy jersey I made for MVP below.

LOU.jpg

I did the same thing with the Detroit "away vest", and it looks nice (IMO).

The white numbers with navy trim, really stick out (in a good way) and compliment the jersey script. With the orange jersey with white numbers, ya kind of have to be careful not to have too many bold/bright colors.

Still working on getting the bump textures fine tuned. I'm not sure why I'm having any trouble at all because it seems so darn straight-forward.

I am going to go ahead and make concept jerseys for all teams, using the 14 that were shared for MVP, and 16 of my own creation/variation. There are some rather cool concept logos out there in GoogleLand.

Cubs and Cards ...

cards-cubssample.jpg

Lots of little tweaks needed on these works. Scripts are sometimes too big and/or too low + the texture I am using on the scripts ends up appearing a bit fuzzy as oppossed to the "stitched" or "grainy" look in MVP.

I'm trying something new with every jersey ... slleve stripes, pant stripes, etc as to not settle in one mold for every team. Plus once you have that feature in a layer, you can use it for any uni, just change the coloring.

Gonna try to add some colored slleves/shoulders that tie into the neck, for a "two tone" type of look, as well as, the the olf Mariner and Indians triple stripes that run from the neck to the bottom of the sleeve.

That's one good thing about the 70s & 8 0s ... lots of jersey styles. Poor color choices on some, but hey.

Hopefully, someone cracks the helmets sometime ... and we can figure out how to get rid of the collar sublayer for the 1900 jerseys.

It seems to me that the detail work that we are used to with MVP will not be as nice on 2k9 because of the stretching that takes place with the images.

Seatlle Mariners ...

Mod jersey using the eighties style with the modern color scheme.

SEA-H-CONC.jpg

Mod jersey using the eighties style of stripes combined with an alternate road jersey, using the modern color scheme.

SEA-A-CONC.jpg

I like the way both of these look, and I learned a lot about 2k9 jerseys in making these last 2.

I'm going to take what I lerned and redo/touch-up the previus jerseys I made, for a much more polished look. Many of the "tricks" used for MVP jerseys, do not translate well for 2k9 jerseys. With 2k9 jerseys, the bump image is where the detail is at.

Edit: The 'Lighthouse' patch on the front of the jersey is an alternative logo I made for Seattle in some league I was doing ... either BBPRO or HHeat.

Chicago Cubs ...

chc-h-conc-1.jpg

chc-a-conc-1.jpg

Had no real idea what I was going to do with the Cubs tll I got going. My only objective was to remove the red from their jersey. Red is the Cardinals' color ... and the Cubs don't deserve any red in their unis. *grin*

Ended up with sort of a negro league type look, but it's functionable.

Detroit Tigers ...

DET-H-CONC3.jpg

DET-A-CONC3.jpg

Maybe going a little crazy with the bright orange-red, but hey ...

I'm sticking with changes that can use the pre made bump (green) bmps, because [1] I haven;t figured out how to make a bump image for other concept jerseys and [2] the jerseys don't look right with the bump texture underneath.

I did not use the scripts that are on the jerseys in the game, they aren't very crisp. I downloaded the scripts from Creamer's site and edited them and free transformed the image to fit.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone want them?

I've got quite a few jerseys made, I just didn't think anyone would really want them.

I have some concept jerseys that I have made from ideas from MVP that are made without the texture files (I don't think the jerseys look very good without the texture image underneath (and I have yet to take the itme to really try and learn how to do it, despite Umachines sending me some great instructions). I have some concept jerseys that I have made with the texture files. The latest concept unis (Pirates and Reds), I think are kick-butt.

I'll post preview threads for each so people can download whatever they want. I do play on releasing at least 3 concept jerseys for each team (with texture files) to replace the classic jersys and cool base. I want to release this as one big file.

I also plan on going through and changing/modifying the colors of the uniforms. The colors are nowhere near vibrant enough. The Indians jerseys look like faded blue with light violet letters, when they should be bold navy and crimson. The vibrant colors really highlight the appearance of the game, IMO. I also would replace the jersey scripts with ones from sports logos.com (such as I did with the jerseys presented in this thread). Without it the scripts do not look very crisp.

These jerseys, I've made so far are really just "sketches", where I see how the different parts of the unis line up, etc. The second time I play a team, I go through and make small touch-ups, add shading and script-breaks to the jersey script, etc.

Royals

DET-S6-aKC-g2.jpg

DET-S6-aKC-g3.jpg

Yankees

Stl-S8-g1.jpg

Braves (red pictures , also have white jersey and a blue jersey ... home and away for a total of 6 jerseys)

S7-aATL-g1.jpg

I'm going to keep this color scheme with the two-toned sleeves and use one of the atlanta scripts/logos from the other ATL jerseys, so that I can incorporate the texture file as well. They should look pretty good.

Archived