2ksports Patch To Fix Outfield Errors

Vikrant

I have not gotten an error in the outfield since the patch (in 100+ games)

You and I must have purchased 2 of the "Gold Edition" versions that are not plagued with multiple OF glitches per game. Lucky us.

In regards to the patch. 2k has been slent regarding the 3rd patch. In 2k7, and 2k8 versions slience from 2K has meant "No, we are already working on the next version."

well for me, before the patch the outfield error happened very frequently for both the user and the cpu but after the patch i've never seen it happen to the cpu. also, for the user it only seems ot happen when the ball is hit almost directly to hte fielder and the fielder does not have to move..or some other rare cases its really difficult to explain but it's very predictable u can almost tell hes going to miss it

I found a great little workaround to fix the outfileder glitch forever. I'll list my steps below.

1. Goto System

2. Goto Control Panel

3. Goto Add remove Programs

4. Remove 2k9 baseball from hard drive

5. Voila problem fixed

Why uninstall? This is what I've noticed, It barely happens to me as it is, but everyonce in a while my outfielder will drop the ball that he should have caught. I've noticed they do this most when just standing there waiting for the ball. Here are some solutions doesnt fix it, but can help prevent it from happening

When the ball is hit to your outfielder switch to him, and if he is already on the circle to catch the ball try to run away and then jog back to the circle to try to make him catch it on a run. "only works on high flyballs" others you are already running to them. To jog just barely push your stick over and try to time out the ball and you getting there close to the same time.

I've noticed most of the dropped balls happen when there just standing there waiting for it, now if they drop it on a run "jog" it does look alot more realistic

I havent had very many drops from my outfielders anymore I'm guessing patch fixed a bit, so when they do just looks like a bad error.

I found a great little workaround to fix the outfileder glitch forever. I'll list my steps below.

1. Goto System

2. Goto Control Panel

5. Voila problem fixed

Come on....These type of comments are getting a bit old, doncha think?

I realize there are those that don't like 2k9 but many are finding the game very playable and (IMO) the PC version is really not much different than when MVP first came on the scene.

There is plently of room in my world for both....2k9 is not as bad as some make it out to be.

1. Goto System

2. Goto Control Panel

5. Voila problem fixed

1. Stop posting in the 2K9 forums.

2. Go to the MVP forums.

3. Voila problem fixed.

1. Goto System

2. Goto Control Panel

5. Voila problem fixed

That's how I got rid of glitches.

If they can leave a game like this, don´t ever turn to 2ksports again,

I mean, just a little bit of work is needed to get this game to a solid one.... And if they do release a second patch, we might buy next year´s version....

I don't understand why people who obviously favor MVP 2005-2008 hang around in the MLB 2K9 folders. It makes no sense.

If you don't like MLB 2K9 FINE, no one is forcing you to like it, but I have to agree the posts telling people to remove it are getting old.

I guess to each their own though.

I don't understand why people who obviously favor MVP 2005-2008 hang around in the MLB 2K9 folders. It makes no sense.

If you don't like MLB 2K9 FINE, no one is forcing you to like it, but I have to agree the posts telling people to remove it are getting old.

I guess to each their own though.

I haven't seen this fix. I thought I'd share my fix to the problem. Seemed to work fine for me. I don't favor any game. I hang around wherever the hell I want, Iv'e been part of this community since the beginning. If you are sick of it, than ignore my posts I don't care.

Sing it with me!

O beautiful for spacious skies,

For amber waves of grain;

For purple mountain majesties

Above the fruited plain!

America! America!

God shed His grace on thee,

And crown thy good with brotherhood,

From sea to shining sea.

O beautiful for heroes proved

In liberating strife,

Who more than self their country loved,

And mercy more than life!

America! America!

May God thy gold refine,

Till all success be nobleness,

And every gain divine.

O beautiful for patriot dream

That sees beyond the years

Thine alabaster cities gleam,

Undimmed by human tears!

America! America!

God mend thine every flaw,

Confirm thy soul in self control,

Thy liberty in law.

rolie, I'm not just calling you out.

I'm talking about everyone on this forum. Some people just have nothing better to do with their time than to sit here and whine about 2K9's flaws.

But like I said, do what you want, I'm not talking about just you. Just something I have noticed in this forum.

Folder titles don't seem to really apply here.

1. Smoke a joint

2. Problems dissapear

3. Anything is good when you are high

I can't argue with this post but I do like 2k9 maybe cause I just smoked a joint lmao. Seriously though I think 2k9 plays very well with the right sliders. I have said it many times I think most the outfield errors are user errror not the game.I never get the so called outfield glitch.

1. Smoke a joint

2. Problems dissapear

3. Anything is good when you are high

I wish that was the truth... It may make some things better, but everything isn't good. Although problems may disappear temporarily, they come right back afterwords.

Given, I have more fun playing 2K9 when i am "under the influence" because it doesn't make me all pissed off when some retarded glitch happens.

But really, let's not get onto this subject, too many kids visit the site.

I envy those of you who have no outfield glitch problems. I don't like continuing a game after an outfielder has blatantly missed a ball. I try to play games so every play is authentic and similar to a real baseball game. If 2kSports ever made auto-fielding available in the game, then MLB2k9 would be the BEST baseball sim ever made.

One person said hitting LEFT-TRIGGER fixes outfield issues. Has anyone else tried that?

I envy those of you who have no outfield glitch problems. I don't like continuing a game after an outfielder has blatantly missed a ball. I try to play games so every play is authentic and similar to a real baseball game. If 2kSports ever made auto-fielding available in the game, then MLB2k9 would be the BEST baseball sim ever made.

One person said hitting LEFT-TRIGGER fixes outfield issues. Has anyone else tried that?

It could be the reason I never get the outfield glitch I always preload my throws I am either hitting to throw to a base or the cutoff man before I even field the ball.You could also try going into player edit and increase you outfielders anticipation time, that has helped others too.

Archived