Poor Frame Rates

Strawberry18

I can't seem to figure out why I get better frame rates when I am batting then when I am pitching. My pitching frame rates suck. I have all the advanced video features on low. And there are a couple in there I don't even know what they stand for. PS I am not running anything else other than the game when I am playing.

I can't seem to figure out why I get better frame rates when I am batting then when I am pitching. My pitching frame rates suck. I have all the advanced video features on low. And there are a couple in there I don't even know what they stand for. PS I am not running anything else other than the game when I am playing.

I have the same issue. I try not to sacrifice appearance for frame rate, but that can be a losing battle.

At the plate my frame rate is around 45, on the mound it drops to 38.

IMO, here's why. When batting, it basically just you and the pitcher. When pitching, there's the overlay, batter, catcher, umpire, and most importantly ... A LOT more crowd. If I could turn crowd OFF, I would (low just doesn;t look very good) and my FPS would likely jump up quite a bit.

There are a couple of threads on the forum discussing what presentation features are FPS hogs, and which ones can be turned off/down without destroying the presentation/visuals.

I'm playing with a 2.7Ghz single-core processor and a med-good video card. I'm definitely looking for an opportunity to upgrade the computer (not a pressing need though) to play the game with all bells & whistles at 60 FPS. I have read people say that if you have a dual core processor, you can get away with lower requirements.

• 4 weeks later...

My issues are even worse as the game runs in the 20 FPS.....

2.0 Ghz Dual Core Pentium

3.25 GB RAM

My video card is killing me GeForce 7400, 256 RAM...but it's integrated to the mother board so I cannot upgrade.....

I kill my virus protection, reduce the game's resolution to 800X640 and keep all other video settings on low.....

I rarely get the FPS to stay constantly at 40.......what else can I do?

Also, what other processes can I kill in the background without messing up the stability of my operating system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I enjoy all these mods and do not want to play a console version.....

My issues are even worse as the game runs in the 20 FPS.....

2.0 Ghz Dual Core Pentium

3.25 GB RAM

My video card is killing me GeForce 7400, 256 RAM...but it's integrated to the mother board so I cannot upgrade.....

I kill my virus protection, reduce the game's resolution to 800X640 and keep all other video settings on low.....

I rarely get the FPS to stay constantly at 40.......what else can I do?

Also, what other processes can I kill in the background without messing up the stability of my operating system?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I enjoy all these mods and do not want to play a console version.....

realistically without a video card upgrade there isn't much more that you can do.

Realistically, unless one process in particular is using a lot of graphical memory, which is doubtful as most of the ones that start with Windows as default don't have a front-end, you could kill them all and still have the same issue. Since a GPU upgrade isn't an option, your best hope is to get Windows to use as little graphical memory as possible and hope it improves at least a little. Turning off all the useless Windows appearance settings (using Windows Classic theme instead of the XP one, turning off shadows and smotth fading and scrolling of list-boxes and windows etc.) should help some.

If you want to post a couple of images of your desktop and your screen while you're using your system, we can have a look and see what improvements could be made, but I wouldn't hope for too much.

Check support.dell.com and enter your service tag as well and download the most recent BIOS version, chipset drivers and notebook system software etc. Also, try updating your graphics card drivers.

Press the print screen button on your keyboard (it might be marked as somehing like PrtScr), then go to Start-Run and type in mspaint. Go to Edit-Paste, then File-Save As. Save the file to a folder, then upload it using imageshack.us or whatever other host you prefer. Rinse and repeat. :)

MarkB, thanks again for all of your help. I made changes to my startup us MSCONFIG, utilizing the diagnostic setup and adding sound & plug and play, so I figured that is the least amount of background processes I have going.....and early in the game (before the 6th) I'm good at about 30-40 FPS.....but in the late innings it goes to single digits.....

Eventually I am just going to have to get a new laptop...

Glad to help. Glad you've got it going at least decently for the first 6 innings. If you want to disable anything more, just make a note of it so that you can re-enable it if you have any problems.

Good luck. :)

Archived