Left Analog Stck

beantown22

I have read posts about how ppl are not using it...I do. What is the difference in not using it or using it....I am right in the middle of the league in homeruns. So I am not always spanking it out of the park. I do however love to spray the ball all over the field. Especially when the shift the outfielders and whatnot. Love going opposite of the shift.

Why does that make you a rookie? The whole point of the left stick is so that you can try to hit to the opposite field or adjust your hitting based upon where your baserunners are, how the defense is setup, etc. Major leaguers do that when they are up to bat, right?

Don't play 2k9, but I always used the left stick when I played in MVP, so that I could go with pitches. Never held the stick up, though, unless I was ahead in the count. Hit my share of dingers, but nowhere near the league leaders.

It just depends how you want to play.

When I want to go oppo I try to do it through timing my swing, when I want to pull same thing. My homers are the combination of a ball belt high or above and great timing.

I did use left stick last game to try and induce a sac fly with runners on the corners with 1-out trailing by a run. I successfully popped up to 2nd with Khalil Greene. Way to go 'L'il KG'.

Archived