Difficulty: All-Pro

Fair Trades: Off

CPU Initiated Trades: On

Budgets: On

Trade Deadline: On

Energy Level Effect: On

Team Chemistry Effect: On

Variable "Stuff": On

I'm giving dynasties another crack. If you don't like me doing another dynasty, then don't follow. It's as simple as that.

san_francisco_giants_logo_2000.png?w=476

Dynasty Goals: Year 1 of 3

3 Year Contract Goals

- Finish in Top 8 of MVP

- Win 110 MLB Road Games

- Win 240 Total MLB Games

1 Year Stretch Goals

- Lead AAA in SV's (Indiv.)

- Lead AA in SO's (Indiv.)

- Win 2 Gold Glove Award(s)

- Hit .240 with MLB Team

- 15 HR's with 2 MLB Players

San Francisco Giants Top 3 Prospects

3. SP Tim Alderson

Tim Alderson was drafted in the 2007 Major League Baseball Draft. He was drafted in the 1st round by the Giants. The Giants drafted Madison Bumgarner before they drafted Tim Alderson. Alderson is an above average pitcher and should be the 3rd or 4th starter in the rotation in the future for the Giants. Alderson has good control, along with a mediocre fastball. The best part of Alderson is his curveball. That is his best pitch and he can use his curve to get out of jams. Although his curveball is good, he still needs to develop it. If he develops it properly, that will be a dangerous pitch for him that could get him the majority of his strikeouts.

2. OF Rafael Rodriguez

The Giants made noise last year when they signed one of the Dominican Republic's best players. Rafael Rodriguez and Michael Inoa both went to California teams. Rodriguez went to the Giants, while Michael Inoa went to the A's. Rafael Rodriguez has a lot of hype in him. He is a 17-year old kid that will be an excellent player in the future. He has great pop in his bat, along with good speed. He also has a great Outfield arm. You could call Rodriguez a “5-Tool” player if you wish. He's got it all. Although, he does have weaknesses. He is still very impatient at the plate, as he swings at pitches that are out of the strikezone and gets walked very little. Rodriguez should flourish into a great Outfielder for the Giants and should be a large part of a dangerous future Giants lineup that will include Angel Villalona, Pablo Sandoval, and Buster Posey.

1. SP Madison Bumgarner

Madison Bumgarner was drafted i10th in the 2007 MLB Draft. The Giants saw that Bumgarner had the potential to become an ace in the future. Bumgarner is not a power pitcher, but a control pitcher. He has flashes of Greg Maddux in him, as he can paint the corner with such ease. He can hit the gun at about 95 miles an hour with his fastball, but his weakness is mainly his movement. He has trouble with his curve and his change. Those are the pitches that hitters can usually get hits off of. If Bumgarner works on his movement, he will be an ace in the near future.

Future username change to GiantsFTW? Or are you just a fan of both :drinks:

You dont have to be a fan of a team to a dynasty with them, you think maestro like the sox? lol

Anyways I like the Giants an interesting storline could be Zito's return to form. Also I love Fred Lewis that kid can fly, One game I went 4-5 and stole 4 bases with him against Joba and the Yanks.

Looks GREAAATT.. im following

Thanks a lot, man.

Future username change to GiantsFTW? Or are you just a fan of both :drinks:

lol. No. I don't particularly like the Giants in real life, but I like playing with them, so I decided to use them for my dynasty.

You dont have to be a fan of a team to a dynasty with them, you think maestro like the sox? lol

Anyways I like the Giants an interesting storline could be Zito's return to form. Also I love Fred Lewis that kid can fly, One game I went 4-5 and stole 4 bases with him against Joba and the Yanks.

Very true. It usually comes down to what team you like playing with and I like playing with the Giants. Hopefully Zito can return to form, but we'll all have to see on that. Fred Lewis is a pretty good player, but I haven't had much success hitting with him.

Series Preview

Los Angeles Dodgers

Game 1

Tim Linecum (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. Chad Billingsley (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

ph_453311.jpgph_451532.jpg

Game 2

Randy Johnson (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. Randy Wolf (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

ph_116615.jpgph_150116.jpg

Game 3

Matt Cain (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. Hiroki Kuroda (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

ph_430912.jpgph_493133.jpg

Looks good, BTW Mit why dont you get on Xbox anymore? =/

Thanks a lot. My 360 has been broken for ages and I haven't had the time to send it out to Microsoft and get it fixed. I guess I should do that. By the way, what is your gamertag on 360 so I know who you are again? lol

Manny And Company Rough Up The Freak In Opening Day Win

Game1Score.jpg

mvp20052009-05-2811-38-45-61copy.jpg

San Francisco, CA - This game was a good one for the Dodgers. It wasn't such a good one for Tim Linecum. Linecum was cruised through the first 5 innings, where he had a no-hitter going. He faced trouble in the 6th. He allowed 5 runs in the 5th and 2 more in the 6th. During these two innings, he allowed homers to Manny Ramirez, Russell Martin and Casey Blake.

Chad Billingsley pitched well for the Dodgers, as he only allowed 2 runs in 6 innings of work. The Giant almost came back in the 9th inning. They scored 2 runs in the 9th, as Aaron Rowand and Travis Ishikawa both had RBI Singles. Rich Aurilia came into pinch-hit with two men on base and two men out. Aurilia had the chance to tie the game up with one swing of the bat, but instead, he flied out to end the game.

Game1B.jpg

Game1P.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wolf Outduels The Big Unit To Down Giants

Game2Box.png

mvp20052009-05-2812-24-47-97.jpg

Manny Ramirez and co. celebrate here after their victory against the Giants.

San Francisco, CA - Randy Johnson is making his way to 300, but today was not his day. Today was about Randy Wolf. Wolf looked like an ace more than "The Big Unit" did. Wolf had 7 easy innings of work, as he only ran his pitch count to 52 pitches.

Orlando Hudson did damage in the game. The game was tied 1 to 1 in the 6th inning. Randy Johnson gave Hudson a fastball inside and Hudson drove it to the stands for a homer. That would eventually be the game-winner. In the 9th, Rich Aurilia had a chance, for the second straight game, to tie the game up. Aurilia flied out to end the game. Jonathan Broxton picked up his first save of the season and the Dodgers are riding a modest two-game winning streak.

Giants Pitching

Randy Johnson (L, 0-1) - 7.0 IP | 8 H | 3 ER | 0 K | 3.86 ERA

Brandon Medders - 1.0 IP | 2 H | 0 ER | 0 K | 0.00 ERA

Dodgers Pitching

Randy Wolf (W, 1-0) - 7.0 IP | 7 H | 1 ER | 4 K | 1.29 ERA

Guillermo Mota - 1.0 IP | 0 H | 0 ER | 0 K | 0.00 ERA

Jonathan Broxton (S, 1) - 1.0 IP | 1 H | 0 ER | 1 K | 0.00 ERA

Giants Lineup

RF Randy Winn 2-4 | HR (1) | RBI (1)

SS Edgar Renteria 0-4

LF Fred Lewis 1-4

C Bengie Molina 1-4 | K

3B Pablo Sandoval 2-3

CF Aaron Rowand 1-4 | 2B (1)

1B Travis Ishikawa 0-2 | K

PH Rich Aurilia 0-2

2B Emmanuel Burriss 0-3 | K

P Randy Johnson 1-2

PH Nate Schierholtz 0-1

Dodgers Lineup

SS Rafael Furcal 2-4

2B Orlando Hudson 1-4 | 2 RBI (4)

LF Manny Ramirez 1-4 | 2B (1)

C Russell Martin 3-4 | 2B (1)

RF Andre Ethier 1-4 | 2B (1) | RBI (1)

CF Matt Kemp 0-3

1B James Loney 1-3

3B Casey Blake 1-3

P Randy Wolf 0-2 |

PH Mark Loretta 0-1

Pepsi Player of the Game

6248.jpg

SP Randy Wolf

Cain Pitches Well In First Giants Win Of Season

Game3B.jpg

mvp20052009-05-2911-20-27-21.jpg

Manny Ramirez grounds out to end the game; the Giants finally picked up their first win.

San Francisco, CA - Matt Cain was on absolute fire in this game. He led the San Francisco Giants to their first victory on the 2009 season. Cain didn't just pitch well, but he was also 1 for 3 from the plate with an RBI single. The other pitcher on the mound was Hiroki Kuroda, who didn't pitch too bad himself. He allowed 3 runs in 6 innings. All 3 of the runs that Kuroda allowed came in the 5th inning. Travis Ishikawa singled home Aaron Rowand. Emmanuel Burriss tripled home Travis Ishikawa; Matt Cain singled home Emmanuel Burriss.

Cain shut the Dodgers down. He pitched 8 innings of shutout baseball, while only giving up 4 hits and striking out 6. Brian Wilson came in the game and had a 1-2-3 inning and got the save.

Matt Cain commented on his performance after the game, "I felt great on the mound. I was having a lot of fun and because of that, I pitched well. I'm glad we finally picked up our first one. Tim struggled in his first start and Randy had no offense. I want to say that our offense does need to pick it up. We have only scored 8 runs in 3 games. That's not that great. If we want to win games, our batting must back up our pitching".

Giants Pitching

Matt Cain (W, 1-0) - 8.0 IP | 4 H | 0 ER | 6 K | 0.00 ERA

Brian Wilson (S, 1) - 1.0 IP | 0 H | 0 ER | 0 K | 0.00 ERA

Dodgers Pitching

Hiroki Kuroda (L, 0-1) - 6.0 IP | 4 H | 3 ER | 2 K | 4.50 ERA

Will Ohman - 2.0 IP | 3 H | 0 ER | 0 K | 0.00 ERA

Guillermo Mota - 1.0 IP | 0 H | 0 ER | 0 K | 0.00 ERA

Giants Lineup

RF Randy Winn 1-4

SS Edgar Renteria 1-4 | K

LF Fred Lewis 0-4

C Bengie Molina 0-4

3B Pablo Sandoval 0-3

CF Aaron Rowand 1-4 | 2B (2)

1B Travis Ishikawa 1-2 | RBI (2)

PH Rich Aurilia 1-1

2B Emmanuel Burriss 1-3 | 3B (1) | RBI (1)

P Matt Cain 1-3 | RBI (1)

Dodgers Lineup

SS Rafael Furcal 1-4 | K | 2B (1)

2B Orlando Hudson 0-3 | K

LF Manny Ramirez 1-4

RF Andre Ethier 0-3

C Russell Martin 1-3

CF Matt Kemp 0-3 | K

1B James Loney 1-3

3B Casey Blake 0-3 | 2 K

P Hiroki Kuroda 0-1 | K

PH Doug Mientkiewicz 0-1

PH Brad Ausmus 0-1

Pepsi Player of the Game

7495.jpg

SP Matt Cain

• 2 weeks later...

la.png VS. sanfran.png

(2-1) (1-2)

Series Recap

April 2, 2009 - Los Angeles Dodgers 7 | San Francisco Giants 4

April 3, 2009 - Los Angeles Dodgers 3 | San Francisco Giants 1

April 4, 2009 - San Francisco Giants 3 | Los Angeles Dodgers 0

Hot Hitters

3B Pablo Sandoval - .455 AVG | 2B (1) | RBI (1)

C Russell Martin - .455 AVG, HR (1) | RBI (1)

Cold Hitters

SS Edgar Renteria - .125 AVG | K

CF Matt Kemp - .000 AVG | K

Series MVP

7628.jpg

C Russell Martin

Series Preview

sanfran.png VS. mill.png

(1-2) (0-3)

Game 1

7777.jpg5966.jpg

Jonathan Sanchez (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. Braden Looper (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

Game 2

6394.jpg5454.jpg

Barry Zito (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. Jeff Suppan (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

Game 3

7981.jpg7926.jpg

Tim Linecum (0-1, 10.50 ERA) vs. Yovani Gallardo (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

Brewers Hitters Take Care of Sanchez and Giants

Game4B.jpg

mvp20052009-05-2915-38-14-27.jpg

Braden Looper celebrates after getting the complete game.

Milwaukee, WI - It was another dismal game for the San Francisco Giants. The Giants played their division rivals, the Dodgers, in the first series of the year. In that series, they lost two out of three games. The Giants did not start well against the Brewers. They lost a pretty bad game, 8 to 1.

Braden Looper pitched phenomenally for the Brewers. He went the distance, while only giving up 1 run on 7 hits. Jonathan Sanchez started off pretty well in the first two innings. He met trouble in the 3rd inning. Rickie Weeks singled. Then, Sanchez hung a curveball and Ryan Braun took advantage of that and hit it into the stands. That made the game 2 to 0. Prince Fielder took the plate and blasted an inside fastball to the right-field stands. That made the game 3 to 0 and the Brewers never looked back, as they added 1 more run in the 4th and 2 more each in the 6th and 7th innings.

Braden Looper commented on his performance, as he was named Player of the Game. "I was hitting the strikezone in this start. I was keeping the hitters off-balance and somehow, I was able to go the distance. This Giants team isn't a good one, offensively, so I took advantage of that."

Giants Pitching

Jonathan Sanchez (L, 0-1) - 6.0 IP | 12 H | 6 ER | 6 K | 9.00 ERA

Justin Miller - 1.0 IP | 2 H | 2 ER | 0 K | 18.00 ERA

Brandon Medders - 1.0 IP | 1 H | 0 ER | 0 K | 0.00 ERA

Brewers Pitching

Braden Looper (W, 1-0) - 9.0 IP | 7 H | 1 ER | 0 K | 0.00 ERA

Giants Lineup

RF Randy Winn 1-4 | 2B (1)

SS Edgar Renteria 0-4

LF Fred Lewis 1-3 | IBB (1)

C Bengie Molina 0-4

3B Pablo Sandoval 0-4

CF Aaron Rowand 1-4

1B Travis Ishikawa 2-4 | HR (1) | RBI (3)

2B Emmanuel Burriss 0-3

PH Juan Uribe 0-1

P Jonathan Sanchez 1-3

PH Nate Schierholtz 1-1

Brewers Lineup

2B Rickie Weeks 3-5

RF Corey Hart 1-5 | K

LF Ryan Braun 1-4 | HR (1) | 2 RBI (2)

1B Prince Fielder 2-4 | HR (1)

SS J.J. Hardy 2-4 | HR (1)

CF Mike Cameron 3-4 | K | HR (1) | 2 RBI (2)

3B Bill Hall 0-4

C Jason Kendall 2-4 | HR (1) | 2 RBI (2)

P Braden Looper 1-3 | K

Pepsi Player of the Game

5966.jpg

SP Braden Looper

Archived