Off White Mlb Ball

rows24

Hey modders, I know we currently have two mods for the baseball, but I hav eone more request. Im asking because the clean MLB ball to me seems to be to clean and the dirty MLB ball seems way to dirty. Also I was wondering can the size of the ball be reduced just a hair to seem more realistic. It almost looks like a softball at times. If you could make a ball similar to an off white color, making it seem its partially used would be great.

Im sorry i cant spend time using he IFF editor because the program doesnt work on my operating system which is Windows Vista. If I could spend time doing it than I would. if these are the responses i get than maybe u guys should remove the section called mod requests where people like me ask for these things.

Im sorry i cant spend time using he IFF editor because the program doesnt work on my operating system which is Windows Vista. If I could spend time doing it than I would. if these are the responses i get than maybe u guys should remove the section called mod requests where people like me ask for these things.

Rows, there is only so much these modders can do to the game.

Then dual boot with XP, problem sorted.

I understand but I all I asked for was a diffferent model of the baseball. One that doesnt look so dirty. I figured If the dirty ball could be created than one that looks less dirty can be done.

Then I got a great idea. You have three choices here. You can either use the default ball that came with the game. Or you can use the clean MLB ball and deal with it even though that seems too clean for your taste. Or you can use the dirty MLB ball and deal with it even though that one seems too dirty for you to use.

Maybe there's a fourth choice. Make a ball yourself that you are satisfied with. I don't see other people griping about this.

Fifth choice. If you can't get the IFF Editor to work in Vista, do as Mark said and dual boot with Windows XP.

Bottom line: Just because you are not satisfied with the modder's work that they have already done here with the clean and dirty MLB ball does not make this a problem for us at all. Either you deal with what you got that was given to you free of charge or make one yourself.

yeah but the problem is I would lose all of the other mods in my global IFF. and becasue mlb thingy came out after majority of the mods some of the mods are still in global IFF form

No, the problem really is with you and how you do things. When you install a mod why don't you back up your files? It just makes sense to do it that way. And it doesn't matter what game I am talking about here either. This approach works for MVP and 2k9. You back up your files when you install a mod for a few reasons. Just in case the mod does not work and makes the game crash, or if you decide that you don't like the mod and you want to go back to the original file. I do this with every mod I get. It's a habit I have got in and it serves me well. If you did this you would have a lot less to concern yourself with.

What does backing up a mod have to do with anything when the global IFF has 4 different mods in one that I used. The cleates, gloves, catchers mask, clean ball, and umpire unis. If I dont want one particular mod than I have to lose everything. Yank 4 life, I just want you to know that you are noty talking to some young kid over here. im probably older than you so before you criticize how i do things read and really understand what Im saying becasue I think your missing the whole point of what Im saying. Further more like I said mlb thingy was after the fact. and all of the previous mods are not in that form.

What does backing up a mod have to do with anything when the global IFF has 4 different mods in one that I used. The cleates, gloves, catchers mask, clean ball, and umpire unis. If I dont want one particular mod than I have to lose everything. Yank 4 life, I just want you to know that you are noty talking to some young kid over here. im probably older than you so before you criticize how i do things read and really understand what Im saying becasue I think your missing the whole point of what Im saying. Further more like I said mlb thingy was after the fact. and all of the previous mods are not in that form.

And you were missing my point. If you wanted the original ball that came with the game when you installed it, you already have it on your disk. No one needs to post it in here for you, but if they do, that's fine too. I can see how this is all my fault when files are not backed up by the individual user.

Anyhow, good luck in this since there is nothing more than I can add to this thread without repeating myself.

hey yank i do have to say yes this guy is a bit of an idiot, but why am i not surprised to see that ur the first guy to always complain that someone has a request or says something even slightly retarded. uve done it to me once a few months ago (which big deal i dont care) but i cant go two seconds on this forum without seeing ur obnoxious platter tray image or u bitching at some noob or someone less tech savy than u or one of the incredible modders we have on this site for not knowing how to do something or requesting something they cant do themselves or simply have time to learn completely new programs or buy a $200 OS just to do some editing when some nice people on this site might be willing to do for this guy. and before you say search search search... search can only do so much and without new posts, this site like every other older forum based site out would simply die out. and as a final note i think to emphasize my point i think it says wonders that u even have that platter image set as a hotkey or whatever it's called. ok done lol

hey yank i do have to say yes this guy is a bit of an idiot, but why am i not surprised to see that ur the first guy to always complain that someone has a request or says something even slightly retarded. uve done it to me once a few months ago (which big deal i dont care) but i cant go two seconds on this forum without seeing ur obnoxious platter tray image or u bitching at some noob or someone less tech savy than u or one of the incredible modders we have on this site for not knowing how to do something or requesting something they cant do themselves or simply have time to learn completely new programs or buy a $200 OS just to do some editing when some nice people on this site might be willing to do for this guy. and before you say search search search... search can only do so much and without new posts, this site like every other older forum based site out would simply die out. and as a final note i think to emphasize my point i think it says wonders that u even have that platter image set as a hotkey or whatever it's called. ok done lol

Umm...what?

Was there a point to that post, or was it simply designed to make everyone's eyes bleed? If there was a point, I fear it will be missed by the vast majority who will be unable to decode that scrambling mess of hyperbole.

i can honestly say they're wasn't a great point to my babbling there lol just getting that off my chest cuz every word i said is true. i actually have a question for rows or maybe someone else could answer. What seems to be the common issue with the iff editor and vista? i only wonder cuz im running vista and it seems to work fine for me. All I've used it for so far though was to import the new hats umachines made though.

i can honestly say they're wasn't a great point to my babbling there lol just getting that off my chest cuz every word i said is true.

Well, I'll tell you what. Do us all a favour and don't bother posting next time unless you actually have a point to make, or something to add to the discussion. Maybe you can spend your time studying grammar, punctuation and sentence structure instead.

As far as every word you said being true, that was my point - I doubt anyone will be able to tell, because the post is such a tangled up mess that I couldn't make heads nor tails of it in most parts, so every word you said may be true - it's just that no-one will be able to understand what you are actually trying to say.

And FYI, Y4L is about the furthest from obnoxious that I can imagine. The fact that you've been a member since June 2005 and have only made 60 posts indicates that you aren't around here a whole lot, or at least don't post much, so I doubt you know Y4L as well as most of us around here. This forum is like life - if you want respect, you have to earn it. If you act like an idiot, you'll be treated like an idiot. A large majority of the time, if someone's treated like an idiot, it's because they've shown themselves to be worthy of this treatment in the past. What you see from the outside isn't always reflective of what the guys that are here day in, day out, see.

And if you'll simply scroll up, you'll see that it wasn't Y4L who originally suggested dual-booting with XP (by the way, a legit copy of Windows XP can be purchased for a hell of a lot less than $200) - it was I. If you have a problem with that, you can direct your posts to me instead.

well sir yes sir i apologize for being human and typing heated opinions before my brain processes them into very coherent sentences. Also caring about my grammar on the internet... nonetheless on a website dedicated to baseball video games... HAH!!!. I will say I honestly don't spend a whole lot of time on any forum whatsoever. Just enough to get what i need and sometimes try (key word try) to help with what i can. I have whats called a life (except right now with me and u going back and forth lol). Sorry, had to say that i just like being facetious =-p. BTW I actually switched from pc baseball to console in like 06 or 07 till now so that was a few year gap right there. and ok fine $100 plus s+h for an oem copy of home is still not worth it to get a couple of things fixed in a $30 game. but im done now. ttyl. have fun. loosen up, the vets on this site take everything waaaayyyy too seriously. game on bro.

I had to read this twice, I really did. Because it was that hard to read. I just want you to know that I have a niece that just graduated from the eighth grade a few days ago and her spelling and punctuation and sentence structure can and does put you to shame.

Let's see, well, I got time. May as well respond.

Rows24 is not a bit of an idiot like you said, but he does have an obvious problem of not being able to help himself. That does not make him an idiot and I never thought of him as that.

I don't complain when someone has a request or says something that is "slightly retarded." I enjoy going around this site helping people with a problem or at the very least, pointing them in the right direction to solve it. However, I do draw the line when it becomes obvious to me when people do not do the simple steps that we all should do before asking for help. And by that I mean reading the God damn instructions that are in the mods, not backing up files, not doing a proper search, etc. The way I see it is that it is part of my job here as a representative of the website to help and assist anyone with a problem that they have with a mod but not as far as doing all the work for them. Example? I'm not going to read the instructions for you. I'm not going to tell you how to make dual installs of Mvp on your hard drive. I've made a detailed post about that before. I'm not going to go and get a link for the TiT program over at Eamods for people who have been here long enough to know where it is already. I expect people to at least do these basic things themselves.

I am not a person that is tech savvy. But I am someone who knows how to install any mod for MVP without a problem. And it has nothing to do with me doing it for a long time. I read directions. I back up my files. I install. I try to get these three things across to people -especially the new ones- because when you get into that habit, you will eliminate the problems that they experience. And when you tell them to do it like this and they ignore you and the next day they come back and tell you they are having a problem with their game and they want you to help them fix it.

That is what rows did. He's not happy with the ball in the 2k9 game. He doesn't like the white ball and the dirty ball. Why? That's his personal choice. So when I told him to use the default ball in the game, that wasn't an option for him because of course, he does not back up his files. MY FAULT.

I told him that if someone would mail him the default ball then he would be all set. If that doesn't happen he'll have to get used to the dirty or white ball. Or he can make a second install of 2k9 on his system and then go in that game and copy the default ball and then and there, he'll have the default ball back. I can only help people so far.

Oh, by the way, I removed your sig. Too big. Read the rules.

(one) image maximum size: 475x125px @ 100kb

(for inability to use better words) ur an effin vengeful piece of poop. for some reason my sig hasn't caused any issues that past 3 or 4 months ive been using it (probably because it was 360x162 which come on, the width was way under. so give be some cushion on the height. and a whopping 46.3 kb. so dude, come on) and now because i lash out at u, u decide to remove it....... I can actually just say that i just wasted a half hour of my life typing this whole thing about how u should be nicer to people and stuff. but honestly after reading ur last message again (after calming down about that sig thing) most of it was pretty chill and straight forward (until that last line =-/). i can see that people who dont read instructions or backup or anything (which i agree thats just not smart) really bugs the S outta u. I'm actually an offender of not backing up files sometimes, but it's truly because ive simply seen the high quality stuff posted here. but u seem to go rude first then chill and straight forward advice after someone argues with u. ill say the same thing i said to markb. have fun. loosen up, the vets on this site take everything waaaayyyy too seriously and get pissed way to fast. game on bro. this is a site dedicated to making baseball video games better (I can't even begin to fathom how ridiculously awesome that is =-p).

PS i just wanna say i just like the sound of that... game on... lol

(for inability to use better words) ur an effin vengeful piece of poop. for some reason my sig hasn't caused any issues that past 3 or 4 months ive been using it (probably because it was 360x162 which come on, the width was way under. so give be some cushion on the height. and a whopping 46.3 kb. so dude, come on) and now because i lash out at u, u decide to remove it....... I can actually just say that i just wasted a half hour of my life typing this whole thing about how u should be nicer to people and stuff. but honestly after reading ur last message again (after calming down about that sig thing) most of it was pretty chill and straight forward (until that last line =-/). i can see that people who dont read instructions or backup or anything (which i agree thats just not smart) really bugs the S outta u. I'm actually an offender of not backing up files sometimes, but it's truly because ive simply seen the high quality stuff posted here. but u seem to go rude first then chill and straight forward advice after someone argues with u. ill say the same thing i said to markb. have fun. loosen up, the vets on this site take everything waaaayyyy too seriously and get pissed way to fast. game on bro. this is a site dedicated to making baseball video games better (I can't even begin to fathom how ridiculously awesome that is =-p).

PS i just wanna say i just like the sound of that... game on... lol

If I was a "effin vengeful piece of poop" you would not be reading this post right now.

You have 60 plus posts in here. If you go back and look at the thread topics you have posted in you will see that most of them I have not posted in. That means I didn't see your signature. That is until you had to come in this thread and give your two cents. Then I saw it.

Your sig, which you just put back on is 360px × 162px in size. Once again, because you missed it, the maximum size is (one) image maximum size: 475x125px @ 100kb which makes yours too big. I removed it once again, because I am a "effin vengeful piece of poop"

Before you put your sig back up, you are going to PM me your sig so I can look at it and check the size. This time I am going to make damn sure it's correct. That's because I am a "effin vengeful piece of poop."

Wow some folks need to grow up and no punkmonk 1021, i think your the idiot. Hey Yank4life isnt that FLAMING, shouldnt he be suspended or banned. Read the rules, I think I know them better than you do. Im gald I have a day job.

Wow some folks need to grow up and no punkmonk 1021, i think your the idiot. Hey Yank4life isnt that FLAMING, shouldnt he be suspended or banned. Read the rules, I think I know them better than you do. Im gald I have a day job.

I know the rules rows24 and I surely do not need someone like you to tell me what they are.

Archived