MVP Mods Community Rosters Ver. 2.3

Zach

File Name: MVP Mods Community Rosters Ver. 2.3

File Submitter: Zach

File Submitted: 28 Jul 2009

File Updated: 3 Aug 2009

File Category: MLB 2K9 - Rosters

MVPmods Community Roster V. 2.3

PLEASE MOVE ALL OF THE FILES INSIDE OF THE "FACES" FOLDER INTO YOUR ROOT MLB 2K9 FOLDER!

This roster update includes current rosters as of 08.02.09. It also includes eye color updates, equipment updates, rating updates, lineup updates, and pretty much everything else you can imagine. Many, many hours were put into this project so I hope it is appreciated. Another roster update will be released shortly after the trade deadline.

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Extract MVPmods23.ros to your respective MLB 2K9 saves folder.

Also a huge thanks to the community members that put together the original update of the roster, however long ago that was. And a big thanks to Tony3 for his corrected player name list -- could not have done this roster without that.

And last but not last, enjoy!

Thanks,

Zach

Click here to download this file

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the cyberface update/inclusion list. Some of these faces are completely new, whiles others are simply updates or skin color updates.

Clay Condrey

Joe Blanton

Rodrigo Lopez

Antonio Bastardo

Jimmy Rollins

Jake Fox

Ivan Rodriguez

Mike Aviles

Pedro Feliz

Jayson Werth

Brad Lidge

Ryan Madson

Michael Taylor

Kyle Drabek

Joe Savery

Ben Zobrist

J.A. Happ

Cole Hamels

J.C. Romero

John Mayberry Jr.

Mark Reynolds

Geovanny Soto

Pablo Sandoval

Kevin Millar

Andrew McCutchen

Please post all comments, criticisms, and suggestions here.

it may have something to do with roster requirements, I noticed Seattle only has 9 pitchers on the roster. I'm trying to see what the minimum for P and Position players for teams are from 2k9 forum so maybe we can solve this.

Also Rafael Betancourt is now with the Rockies and Sean Gallagher is with the Padres.

Also noticed you have a created player of both Will Ohman and Ryan Roberts (boht in free agents) that is not needed because they are also on their teams as regular players.

I was able to fix the franchise issue. However I had to mess up with the batting orders and pitching rotations of the major league teams for now. So they aren't 100% accurate. I will fix them for the next version. But I will upload the fixed version now.

And will, I will be sure to include them in the next version. I just made it so major league team rosters would be accurate if there were no DL injuries. That way people can start franchises and not have to call major people up from the minors at the start.

So...just out of curiosity, did you mean the problem occured because the batting orders and pitching rotations were not a certain way?

Just wondering cause if I were to switch them up on myself if it would crash the game.

Thanks for all the hard work! Much Appreciated Zach

-Davis

So...just out of curiosity, did you mean the problem occured because the batting orders and pitching rotations were not a certain way?

Just wondering cause if I were to switch them up on myself if it would crash the game.

Thanks for all the hard work! Much Appreciated Zach

-Davis

No, you can change them up. I am pretty sure the error occured because the Mariners only had 4 starting pitchers. But just to be sure I went ahead and had the CPU optimize all of the line-ups and pitching rotations to prevent all crashing. I did some tests and everything should be working fine now. You can change them as you wish. I will upload the new version now. It also includes Betancourt on the Rockies and Sean Gallagher is on the Portland Beavers. He was on the version before too as I was not sure who he will be replacing on the major league roster.

OK, new version is up. I guess everyone should check to see if it works...hopefully it does.

Zach,

Just downloaded your rosters, and went to start a franchise with them, and when I went to play the first game of the season with my Pittsburgh Pirates, the game crashed.

By the way Jay, the Pirates system is nearly 100% done. All I have to do to finish it is fix a few more players on the Lynchburg Hillcats. I also included Tony Sanchez as I am little biased towards him since earlier in the season he played for the team I work for (State College Spikes). I got to meet him and take his headshot. He is a really nice guy. Anyway that is a bit of a tangent.

But enjoy the rosters everyone.

Zach,

Thank you for all your hard work, by the way. I had forgot to say that earlier. I did notice that the Pirates system was pretty well done. Am also glad you got Tony Sanchez in the game. Thank you again for all your hard work. I will start my franchise tomorrow, as it is almost one in the morning here in Erie, Pa. Thanks again Zach, for an amazing update.

Jay16509

not sure if this will mess up the rosters if u change them but on the pirates tyler yates and hansen are in the minors while virgil vasquez and steve pearce are on the ML rosters.Pearce took adam laroches place as first baseman

not sure if this will mess up the rosters if u change them but on the pirates tyler yates and hansen are in the minors while virgil vasquez and steve pearce are on the ML rosters.Pearce took adam laroches place as first baseman

Ok, that is fixed for the next version.

I have to say....great job on Pablo Sandoval. I was so tired of the original one by 2k where he was thin and his face was wack.

-Appearance is great

-Stance is great

Nice job man....only thing I changed was that he doesnt wear those shades when batting...

I briefly went through the roster...and found just a couple small things that could make the roster even more realistic...

Giants:

-Ryan Sadowski is missing (stated above I think)

-Tim Alderson (stated above I think)

Mariners:

-Joshua Fields is missing

-Michael Saunders was recently called up to MLB

Thanks again,

Davis

I have to say....great job on Pablo Sandoval. I was so tired of the original one by 2k where he was thin and his face was wack.

-Appearance is great

-Stance is great

Nice job man....only thing I changed was that he doesnt wear those shades when batting...

I briefly went through the roster...and found just a couple small things that could make the roster even more realistic...

Giants:

-Ryan Sadowski is missing (stated above I think)

-Tim Alderson (stated above I think)

Mariners:

-Joshua Fields is missing

-Michael Saunders was recently called up to MLB

Thanks again,

Davis

Yes I went ahead and created Sadowski and Alderson to the best of my ability for my roster. Sandoval is great, i can't even express how much better (and more fun) he is to use now.

You could probably get a million of these little roster corrections but it would be nice to also have Jesus Guzman on the Giants organization...he put up big numbers in triple A and is currently on the Giants lineups. Also, Noah Lowry is disabled...probably for good too. Apparantly he some rib removed. :mellow:

"edit cpu rosters" huh...that is weird....I thought maybe it would have to do with a cpu team possibly signing a free agent or a trade....

Im still getting the crashes with or without "editing cpu roster". I also tried changing some other settings in the franchise menu and still get a crash after the first few games.

(I have the updated version)

Archived