2K Vs. Mvp Controls

jwheels

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard if 2k made the controls, hitting, pitching and fielding any easier, say like MVP for 2k10. I recently started playing 2k9 and controls even with configuring are driuving me nuts, between that and figuring out menu screens I don't even enjoy playing it. Just not looking to buy a 2k10 that is still 2k9 pretty much.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard if 2k made the controls, hitting, pitching and fielding any easier, say like MVP for 2k10. I recently started playing 2k9 and controls even with configuring are driuving me nuts, between that and figuring out menu screens I don't even enjoy playing it. Just not looking to buy a 2k10 that is still 2k9 pretty much.

That's one of the main reasons I got rid of 2K9 after only two weeks. The controls and the menu screens were driving me crazy. It seemed like everytime I wanted to play a game I had to reconfigure everything again and it would take me forever to figure out how to select the team I wanted to control. If I could have gotten the controls and menu screens to work the way I wanted, I would have kept 2K9 for when I wanted to play games with modern teams and then MVP for my classic modding / gaming.

From the information I've read so far, I have not seen any mention of changes being made to the controls or menu screens.

That's one of the main reasons I got rid of 2K9 after only two weeks. The controls and the menu screens were driving me crazy. It seemed like everytime I wanted to play a game I had to reconfigure everything again and it would take me forever to figure out how to select the team I wanted to control. If I could have gotten the controls and menu screens to work the way I wanted, I would have kept 2K9 for when I wanted to play games with modern teams and then MVP for my classic modding / gaming.

From the information I've read so far, I have not seen any mention of changes being made to the controls or menu screens.

From what I have heard, they have kept it the same, because they thought that was one of the more solid aspects of the game (the controls).

• 4 weeks later...

Exact same for me. I never got the controls to the point where the game was fun for me. Currently collecting dust.

They made a slight (but good, in my opinion) change to the pitching controls, where you now select the pitch with a button, then control it's quality/accuracy with the "gesture" or "motion" of the analog stick.

Previously, you selected the pitch AND the quality of it with just the gesture. This led to people throwing the entirely wrong pitch quite often - which is why they changed it for 2K10.

That is the only change made to the controls that I am aware of.

Archived