Drivers For Xp

SESbb30

I had to reinstall XP Media Center Edition and i have a problem, half of my drivers are missing, i looked everywhere for ways to get the drivers i needed, and im not shelling out 60 bucks to talk to someone from microsoft.the last thing i wanted to do was ask someone here for help, but thats what im doing. (thats bullshit imho)

So, wait...you know enough to reinstall your OS, but not enough to obtain the drivers for your devices, or make backups of the originals? Wow. Next time, don't waste your time. I mean that in the nicest way possible. :)

The information in the last post provides absolutely no useful information whatsoever other that being able to provide the drivers for your graphics card. No network drivers, no chipset drivers, no audio drivers. Nothing.

Post the make and model of the system and I'll get you a list if possible. It should be on a label somewhere on the PC, or on the outer casing.

I do partially agree with you on the Microsoft thing, the fact that they charge $60 for almost anything is ludicrous, however in this case, it isn't their problem. The drivers come from the manufacturer of your devices, not Microsoft.

Intel Pentium D 925 Presler 3.0GHz Dual Processor

Intel Desktop Board D946GZIS - motherboard - micro ATX - i946GZ

CRUCIAL 1GB DDR2 PC5300 667MHz RAM two of these

GeForce 8500GT 256MB Video Card

SONY 1.44MB Floppy

SONY DVD-RW 18X Dual Layer

SEAGATE 250GB HD SATA II 7200RPM

i have drivers for the sound card, and graphics card.

thats all i could find from my order.

its not a "brand" of computer, i got it from a website that built it for me, i picked the parts and they built it.

Have you tried contacting the company that built the PC for you to see if you can get the drivers from them?

Intel Pentium D 925 Presler 3.0GHz Dual Processor

Intel Desktop Board D946GZIS - motherboard - micro ATX - i946GZ

CRUCIAL 1GB DDR2 PC5300 667MHz RAM two of these

GeForce 8500GT 256MB Video Card

SONY 1.44MB Floppy

SONY DVD-RW 18X Dual Layer

SEAGATE 250GB HD SATA II 7200RPM

i have drivers for the sound card, and graphics card.

thats all i could find from my order.

You'll need these - network and chipset drivers.

Instal in the following order;

Chipset

Video

NIC

Audio

Modem (if applicable)

WLAN (if applicable)

Windows will automatically install drivers for your floppy drive, optical drive and hard drive.

You'll need these - network and chipset drivers.

Instal in the following order;

Chipset

Video

NIC

Audio

Modem (if applicable)

WLAN (if applicable)

Windows will automatically install drivers for your floppy drive, optical drive and hard drive.

ill give those a try, thanks.

EDIT: Everything is working great now, thanks alot mark!

No problem. :) Since you didn't get a disk with the drivers on it, you might want to copy those drivers and video and audio drivers to a CD or USB drive for backup.

the weird thing is, i had the audio and video drivers on cd, but none of the others :huh:

Archived