Pc Freeze Problems

dgallant

Has anyone had any problems with MLB2K10? I start it up and it runs fine for about 3 minutes (or maybe less). I get to load my franchise, choose the game, make 1 or 2 plays, then the graphics freeze and the sound goes into a repeatable loop. I opened a ticket with 2K and sent them a dxdiag. My PC is good enough and so is my video card and sound card so not sure what is up. Any ideas or things to check? I updated all my sound and video drivers. I know my system is not top of the line but it should run this game, it is as good as the recomments system requirements.

I have:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000 (maybe just equal or slightly better with min reqs here)

Asus M2N-SLI mb

4 GB RAM

HD 3850 PCI express card

Soundblaster X-Fi ExtremeGamer sound card

plenty of storage

Vista Ultimate OS

Thanks in advance.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

if your screen goes black and the sound keep going it just can be two things,Power supply,or a power saving video card that is getting overheated , because the cooler is not working correctly ,so if it is the 2nd you have to run the video card cooler at 100%

• 1 month later...

if your screen goes black and the sound keep going it just can be two things,Power supply,or a power saving video card that is getting overheated , because the cooler is not working correctly ,so if it is the 2nd you have to run the video card cooler at 100%

Ok, sorry for the long turnaround time...

I got a new Corsair HX750 Power Supply (not sure if I needed that). Also, I have been running benchmark tests on the CPU temp and the GPU temp - when it locks up the CPU temp is at 63C. So, I thought that might be it but then I play Crysis and that got up to 70C with no lockups at all (and I have heard that stresses a GPU more than most games). So, I am scratching my head on this one. Any more thoughts out there?

Thanks in advance.

Same problem here. It ran great since I got the game now it crashes the same way every game. Btw, how can I cool the vid card (nv9500gt1mb) and get the cooler to run at 100 percent?

Well I upgraded the power supply to 500 watts and got the nvidia system tools and ran my cooling fan at full speed and didnt get through the 4th inning. Same thing every time. Whole thing freezes and the sound hangs and then the screen goes black with some weird symbols at the top left corner. Pissed!

Great news, dgallant! I fixed this issue. The bad news is its a hardware issue. I replaced the thermal grease on the cpu/heatsink and replaced the gf9500gt 1gb card with an ati 4650 1gb and the game runs smooth as glass...no hickups hangups or muckups! So our problem is/was more than likley not the game or a glitch. Still sux because the nvidia card was less than 3 months old. Figured it was one of those two things because other games began to freeze and the freezes were coming quicker and quicker. I dont think the card was overheating...just a piece of crap. I guess im lucky because its the first card I have replaced because it was screwed up, and Ive been fooling around with these things since the old geforce 3 days! Lots of luck, I am back to baseball!

Ming

Archived