Classic Uniforms From Spungo

Yankee4Life

Spungo's classic uniforms  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to donate to Spungo?

• Yes, I would.
    • No thank you.
    • I am not sure right now.

Spungo,

I downloaded your 2010 uniform release and was particularly interested in the 1937 Chicago Cubs uniforms. However, they don't look much different than the 1954 uniforms that originally came with the game. Is the mod complete or did the uniforms just not change much? The early 1930's Cubs uniforms were quite a bit different than the 50's uniforms and I would have noticed a difference.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is already a commitment to support it, because plenty of people have already said they'd like these uniforms, and I'm sure there are others who would like them but haven't posted for one reason or another. The difference seems to be that you're looking for financial support, as opposed to moral support. Just because people like something doesn't automatically mean that they're willing to pay for it, especially when there are, and have been in the past, plenty of other modders, many with paying jobs, who are making and releasing mods for free. For them, the fact that people enjoy their mods, and that they're contributing to the community, is payment enough.

Posting about the same thing 10 times won't make it happen.

Just because people like something doesn't automatically mean that they're willing to pay for it, especially when there are, and have been in the past, plenty of other modders, many with paying jobs, who are making and releasing mods for free. For them, the fact that people enjoy their mods, and that they're contributing to the community, is payment enough.

Not to mention those of us who are unemployed and could make a few bucks modding, but still release their mods for free.....

As I've typed before, I'm not going to spend my time on modding when I can spend that time on paid work. I am a freelancer, that's how it works for me. My uniforms are the best available for this game and have been for a long time. It's come to a point, however, that that kind of quality is no longer 100% free. You should all count yourselves lucky it was free for as long as it was, but I hardly think $5 for a years worth of unparalleled, great graphical upgrades is asking too much.

But this website is so far in the past on that issue that it will probably never happen. Oh, but you're all such saints for working so hard on mods and then releasing them for free! Modern day saints, I say! Ooh, a handful of people are enjoying my work after I spent hundreds of hours working on it! All the payment I need in return is a generous smile! You guys are all, seriously, much better human beings than I. Modern day saints!

I guess I'll stop bothering everyone here now.

Feel free to trash me in the following replies and then ban my account again.

I guess I'll stop bothering everyone here now.

Feel free to trash me in the following replies and then ban my account again.

Make your uniforms or don't make them - It's your choice.

Charge for them or don't - Again, it's your choice and I don't care what you do. I never said I was a saint for creating and releasing mods for free. That's just what I choose to do. You choose to charge for yours. It doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong.

You asked if people would be interested in paying for your uniforms and you got some response, but obviously not the response you wanted, since you kept this thread going. I'm not trashing you here. All I'm staying is just make a decision!

This is my last comment on this subject.

Your work is great....probably the best that this game has seen. Seems like a lot of guys are more interested in your newer stuff, then old-time jerseys. That's a shame, would have been cool to see what you could have done. Charge or don't charge, frankly it's none of my business, nor do I care. I suspect that nothing is going to come of this project though, and that's to bad...but life goes on.

MVP Baseball is dying a slow death...sure we all still play it, but more and more people are turning to the next-gen games....so if this thread is any indication, maybe it's time for you to move on to other things. Your contributions to uniform making is second to none...you have done all you can do...so retire. There has to be easier ways for you to make some extra cash.

Archived