Misopogon

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: 1945 Detroit Tigers Roadies

File Submitter: Misopogon

File Submitted: 14 Apr 2010

File Updated: 16 May 2010

File Category: MLB 2K10 - Uniforms and Accessories

Version: 2

So in 1938, with a week left to go on the season, Hank Greenberg, the "Hebrew Hammer," was sitting at 58 home runs. The record at the time: 60, by Babe. So Hank's mother promised him, if he hit 61 home runs, she would make him 61 gefilte fish.

Hank didn't hit another home run all season.

He and I have the exact same feelings on gefilte fish. The differences between us:

1. He could hit

2. He got to wear these cool kits for most of his career.

Did you click on the opening image? Yes, it's textured. UPDATE: Version 2 now gets the wool/synthetic knit look down: Textured Uniforms ho!

4521848683_3545e1cf4b_o.jpg

This is the Detroit Tigers' 1940s away jerseys. The "Health" patch on the sleeve was supposedly worn by every MLB team during the war, but photos show the Tigers wearing a different but similar patch.

detail_page.asp?fileName=al_1945_detroit

See Eddie Mayo.

EddieMayo45Tigers.jpg

Whatever.

We won the war that summer, and won the World Series that summer, and Hal Newhouser and Hammerin Hank and Go Tigers.

4522481274_833f3551ff_o.jpg

Also, we had a guy on the 1945 Tigers named Dizzy Trout, which: awesome.

For a list of many more funny Tiger names, see my post on Bless You Boys.

4521849069_a6cc647dd9.jpg

Click here to download this file

Great looking jerseys, which ones do they replace?

"Which ones do they replace" is not a great question for how I do jerseys. I use Generic Mod Enabler so I can actually see some alts in My Player.

But that question is answered in the Read Me. Unless you change the file name, they replace the blue 1906 roadies.

By the way, I figured out why the "Health" patch wasn't in the photos: according to Baseball Almanac, it was only worn in '42:

The World War II seasons of 1942-45 also produced a universally applied patriotic shield patch — In 1942, the word “HEALTH”, then, in subsequent war years, red stripes.

The link above is a good read for anyone interested in the history of baseball uniforms.

Archived