Question On 1961 Conversion

Deputy

Can anyone tell me where the files are of the cameo pictures of the different players? Not the pictures of the faces on the player's bodies, but the cameo pictures that pop up for a few seconds when the player comes up to bat. I have found at least one that is incorrect, Luis Aparicio. It shows him wearing a Baltimore Orioles cap and he is playing for the White Sox. I would like to correct this picture as well as any others I find that are incorrect.

Thanks

Dep

Can anyone tell me where the files are of the cameo pictures of the different players? Not the pictures of the faces on the player's bodies, but the cameo pictures that pop up for a few seconds when the player comes up to bat. I have found at least one that is incorrect, Luis Aparicio. It shows him wearing a Baltimore Orioles cap and he is playing for the White Sox. I would like to correct this picture as well as any others I find that are incorrect.

Thanks

Dep

Stecropper mentioned it here. Hope that helps.

[quote name='stecropper' date='14 April 2010 - 02:16 PM' post='600647'

]The player portraits are found in the data/frontend/portrait.big file. There are several ways to update these. I find the easiest for me is with Robert Glass's "MVPEdit" utility. Portraits need to be 128X128 bmp type files (I think they can also be 256X256 2X .bmp's as well but the standard is 128X128) and with RGlass's utility it is a simple click on the players portrait in the utility and find the replacement .bmp image and click to have it updated in the portrait.big file. I would highly recommend you download and get familiar with RGlass's "MVPEdit" utility as it is very instrumental in how we build these rosters and can become very useful to you to view player/team information as well as adjust it to your liking. Others ways to install .bmp portrait images is with Kraw's TiT utility or some of the other fsh tools available on this site.

Heh...new problem. I downloaded and installed MVP Edit, but it seems to look for .mbe files. Where are they located? And I apologize for all the dumb questions. :sad:

I believe the .MBE files will be in the DATA\DATABASE directory. And don't apologize for these questions.

In MVPedit, click Tools > Options.

Under "MVP Baseball Data Directory," make sure you've selected the correct path to your Data folder.

I have all the stats and players showing up. Just no pictures for any of them.

Deputy,

I have an Aparicio with the White Sox portrait I made from that card image you put up. Send me an email at stecropper@aol.com and I will send it your way.

In MVPEdit you must first import the files from the game's data/database directory to create an .mbe file in MVPEdit. Then you must make certain that your options in MVPEdit are set to first display the portraits and are also pointing to the correct file which in the options area you would point strictly to the data directory only for it to work. (I think).

Take Care,

Don

There was a .mbe file included in the *61 installation package. Open up the .RAR file and look for a file named TC61_Latest_mbe_File.mbe.

Here's how you should setup the options in MVPEdit (assuming you installed *61 to C:\Program Files\EA Sports\Total Classics 1961):

HA! Jim nailed the problem. I had the program pointing at Database instead of just Data. Thanks Jim!!!

Don: I tried to send you an e-mail but something isn't allowing it. My e-mail is mbonomo*@juno.com

Just delete the asterisk. And thanks for making that pic. :)

Dep

Archived