Rosters /W Real Minor League Players

gordgraff

Quick question...has anyone created a roster that has all real names for the minor leagues?

The Total Roster project last year was finished well beyond this point in the season, so I was just curious if I had missed the release of an edited roster.

It's funny to me that stadium, jersey, and equipment mods take such high priority, but a full real roster seems to be unimportant to the modders here. The work they do is cool, but to me the roster is way more important than the visual extras.

its not that its unimportant,u just don't realize how much time it takes to do complete rosters.Last year i did a full no fake name roster for every single team and it took a couple months.Its something that just dont get done in a week.

And also what makes it harder is theres always teams changing rosters ,for example someone may go on the DL and that will change the structure of the whole system.One thing that 2k could do to make things a little easier is they have a free agents roster,they could also do one that all the DL

goes on

Well, the stadiums take a lot less time and are far less monotonous than spending hours on end doing, essentially, the same thing over and over again. In the time it would take to research one team, player stats and matching them to values in a roster, as well as editing their equipment and appearances if necessary (as well as names and essentially making players from the ground up for the minor league players), you could probably make 3 or 4 stadiums, and be a lot less bored and burnt out at the end of it.

There's a reason only certain people have the talents required for hardcore roster modding. Patience is key. You can't get bored easily; if you do, making a roster mod is pointless.

Well, the stadiums take a lot less time and are far less monotonous than spending hours on end doing, essentially, the same thing over and over again. In the time it would take to research one team, player stats and matching them to values in a roster, as well as editing their equipment and appearances if necessary (as well as names and essentially making players from the ground up for the minor league players), you could probably make 3 or 4 stadiums, and be a lot less bored and burnt out at the end of it.

There's a reason only certain people have the talents required for hardcore roster modding. Patience is key. You can't get bored easily; if you do, making a roster mod is pointless.

Mark is right on the mark! (pun intended)...

I'm not a modder (at least for this game) but , for the heck of it, I tried to duplicate the roster for the Cubs AAA Iowa team....After a couple of hours, I realized

what a chore it would be to try and re-create the entire AAA system using real names, stats, etc.

I can't image what it must be like to do that also for AA and A teama, while also keeping the 30 ML teams up to date.

I remember last year when DonSpa did this and after months and months of hard work, he completed the entire major through minor league teams....Then did a beta test and WHAMOO...system crash...Tried again... same result.

DonSpa can expound on this if he wants but I don't think I am exaggerating.... It is a herculean task to replicate the entire organized baseball system....I think just having the ML teams up to date is an accomplishment in itself.

They cause crashes too in certain circumstances. I get them with certain teams in franchise, I think it has to do with fa's or rookies or something. Speaking of this, what rosters do you all reccommend and do they seem "stable"?

I certainly didn't mean to make it sound like I don't appreciate the work that goes into a roster mod - I helped on one last year and was part of the team that did the "Total" roster mod for MVP. I was just thinking one may have been released on another website that I wasn't aware of.

Mat has a roster that has no fake players in it, but it is still missing a lot of data, such as correct skin colours, ages, heights/weights etc. He is still working on it, so it is looking like the most promising option down the road. Here is the thread...

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=45730

yeah tks is right hes not exaggerating.I remember i started, i believe was in july last year and was done in like september just to have it crash the game.

Restarted it over and the nightmare began because when the rosters expanded,it made the minor leagues rosters depleted so it was a guessing game at who belonged where.I think the second set i was finished in nov or dec and all was working except for the create a player.I started working on this years using mats roster and within weeks so many changes happened with teams i had finished and had to do more changes and i got frustrated and figured id just work on my unis and get them done first.To do a complete roster modding has to come from someone who has lots of spare time and patience(and doesnt have 4 other people wanting to use the computer lol)When i get done with the unis ill work on one if one hasnt been finished by then,but it will be players names,jersey numbers and birthdates the best that i can but i wont take the extended time that it takes to do pitch types and abilities etc etc because it takes away from actually playing the game.Im taking the time right now doing mods and just waiting for the patch to come out then do a serious game playing in franchise mode

I guess I figured Stadium modding was more difficult and time consuming than rosters, but I was talking about only updating names and not pictures, equipment, etc. I'll probably just update the minor league roster of the Indians (my franchise team) and maybe a few of the top prospects (Strasburg, etc.) of other teams.

Well, anyone can use a roster editing program to assign a name to a player, but I barely even consider that roster making. Hell, I could whip up a roster tonight with complete minor league names. It doesn't mean anything else would be even remotely accurate.

Why, hello there, Mr. stock 2K player in AA. You're 5'2", black, weigh 286lbs, play CF and are left handed. You are now named Jesus Montero.

Archived