My Player Mode

micro

Well, considering it's My Player and not My Manager, no...unless you want to start messing around with renaming uniform files. In real life, players don't have much input on the uniform they wear. In that aspect, 2K did something right.

Well, considering it's My Player and not My Manager, no...unless you want to start messing around with renaming uniform files. In real life, players don't have much input on the uniform they wear. In that aspect, 2K did something right.

Wrong- In spring training games in My Player mode all teams wear their regular road/home uniforms which of course we all know is not the case in real spring training. That's why there are various jersey options; including the spring training/batting practice jersey. I posted a topic yesterday about this, but it was removed due to strong(I was pissed)content. And another thing, You can choose/change your opponent's uniform in franchise mode; In real life does one team get to choose what the other wears?

Wrong- In spring training games in My Player mode all teams wear their regular road/home uniforms which of course we all know is not the case in real spring training. That's why there are various jersey options; including the spring training/batting practice jersey. I posted a topic yesterday about this, but it was removed due to strong(I was pissed)content. And another thing, You can choose/change your opponent's uniform in franchise mode; In real life does one team get to choose what the other wears?

If you had posted this in your other thread (which Y4L linked to) which wasn't deleted as you said (Wrong! Funnily enough, I linked you to this thread in my reply in that thread.), then you would at least have a part of a point - you could say you didn't know what question I was addressing, whether it was if the uniform could be changed in Spring Training in My Player, or if I think it's correct that players are wearing their regular season uniforms in Spring Training in My Player.

However, you posted it in this thread, where micro asked if it was possible to pick uniforms in My Player. I said it wasn't. That was the point I was addressing in your other post. Go try it. You can't. So, I'm not so wrong now, am I?

I agree, it is incorrect that 2K made the players in Spring Training games wear regular season uniforms, but if you've paid any attention to the forums and have seen the attention to detail exhibited by 2K, you should already have figured out that 2K didn't get Spring Training right. Hell, the starter in the first Spring Training game will happily go 7 innings and throw 100 pitches. I see more of a problem with that than the fact that he's wearing a regular season uniform instead of the batting practice one.

As for your final point - ...and what? You want to complain that 2K provided the ability to change uniforms in Franchise mode after complaining that you can't change the uniform in Spring Training? 2K failed again. That is not news. Parts of the game are inaccurate, we all know this. I bet if they took out exhibition mode (or Play Ball, as 2K call it) because it wasn't realistic for a team to call up another and say "Hey, want to play a exhibition game? Yeah? Great. You start your fifth starter and we'll start our ace, and by the way, here's the lineup you'll be using and you'll be wearing your team's 1904 uniforms. Oh, and we're playing at a Double-A stadium in Altoona, PA. Sound good?", no-one would be happy.

It's called a game for a reason. It's not supposed to be 100% accurate, that's part of the point. If you want to play the Royals and the Pirates in a small stadium in Bumsville, Ohio, wearing uniforms from the dead-ball era, you can with a closer starting for the Pirates and an ace starting for the Royals, you can. You can hit ungodly fly balls and liners that would kill someone in real life, but they don't, because it's a game.

If you really want realism, go out into a park with a bat and ball and hit. Grab a glove, meet a friend and play catch. That'll always be more realistic than playing a PC game, especially 2K10. But when you try to complain about realism in a PC game, at least look at the big picture and know what to expect. The game doesn't have injuries and errors fully implemented and people are complaining about not being able to change the uniforms in My Player mode. Get a grip.

If you had posted this in your other thread (which Y4L linked to) which wasn't deleted as you said (Wrong! Funnily enough, I linked you to this thread in my reply in that thread.), then you would at least have a part of a point - you could say you didn't know what question I was addressing, whether it was if the uniform could be changed in Spring Training in My Player, or if I think it's correct that players are wearing their regular season uniforms in Spring Training in My Player.

However, you posted it in this thread, where micro asked if it was possible to pick uniforms in My Player. I said it wasn't. That was the point I was addressing in your other post. Go try it. You can't. So, I'm not so wrong now, am I?

I agree, it is incorrect that 2K made the players in Spring Training games wear regular season uniforms, but if you've paid any attention to the forums and have seen the attention to detail exhibited by 2K, you should already have figured out that 2K didn't get Spring Training right. Hell, the starter in the first Spring Training game will happily go 7 innings and throw 100 pitches. I see more of a problem with that than the fact that he's wearing a regular season uniform instead of the batting practice one.

As for your final point - ...and what? You want to complain that 2K provided the ability to change uniforms in Franchise mode after complaining that you can't change the uniform in Spring Training? 2K failed again. That is not news. Parts of the game are inaccurate, we all know this. I bet if they took out exhibition mode (or Play Ball, as 2K call it) because it wasn't realistic for a team to call up another and say "Hey, want to play a exhibition game? Yeah? Great. You start your fifth starter and we'll start our ace, and by the way, here's the lineup you'll be using and you'll be wearing your team's 1904 uniforms. Oh, and we're playing at a Double-A stadium in Altoona, PA. Sound good?", no-one would be happy.

It's called a game for a reason. It's not supposed to be 100% accurate, that's part of the point. If you want to play the Royals and the Pirates in a small stadium in Bumsville, Ohio, wearing uniforms from the dead-ball era, you can with a closer starting for the Pirates and an ace starting for the Royals, you can. You can hit ungodly fly balls and liners that would kill someone in real life, but they don't, because it's a game.

If you really want realism, go out into a park with a bat and ball and hit. Grab a glove, meet a friend and play catch. That'll always be more realistic than playing a PC game, especially 2K10. But when you try to complain about realism in a PC game, at least look at the big picture and know what to expect. The game doesn't have injuries and errors fully implemented and people are complaining about not being able to change the uniforms in My Player mode. Get a grip.

The point is, it would be nice to be able to choose the uniform since the one they use in My Player is always wrong during Spring Training. Or even better, since the game knows it's spring training, it could use at least a BP jersey, which would be closer to the Spring Training jerseys than the Reg Season jerseys are. A lot of people consider the visuals in the game part of the immersion, in addition to 'how the game plays'. If it doesn't bother you to have the wrong jerseys, fine, but it's just opinion.

If we're going to attack anyone who makes an observation about the game's shortcomings, perhaps there should be a sticky called "Things you are allowed to dislike about the game".

Sorry, I just get ticked off at the sarcastic responses from the same few people any time someone asks a question on this forum.

The point is, it would be nice to be able to choose the uniform since the one they use in My Player is always wrong during Spring Training. Or even better, since the game knows it's spring training, it could use at least a BP jersey, which would be closer to the Spring Training jerseys than the Reg Season jerseys are. A lot of people consider the visuals in the game part of the immersion, in addition to 'how the game plays'. If it doesn't bother you to have the wrong jerseys, fine, but it's just opinion.

Then go to the 2K forums and tell them. Or call 2k. What can we do?

If we're going to attack anyone who makes an observation about the game's shortcomings, perhaps there should be a sticky called "Things you are allowed to dislike about the game".

He didn't get "attacked" but thank you so much for coming to his rescue. He said that his post was removed that he made yesterday and he was given proof positive that it wasn't.

You can like whatever you want about this game or dislike it. Who cares?

No one is getting attacked here. He insulted no one and no one insulted him or cares to insult him.

Sorry, I just get ticked off at the sarcastic responses from the same few people any time someone asks a question on this forum.

Really? Then leave. You people that come in here and feel like they have to defend someone when a staff member explains something to them or shows them that what they said wasn't true or right. There is a huge difference in explaining something to someone and trying to educate them about the topic they brought up. The guy who asked the question was and is frustrated with 2K. Not us. All Mark did was explain to him that there were some parts of what he said was wrong and some parts that you can not do anything about because it was a game.

But if you want to feel like you got to step in and take your turn at telling a staff member here they are bad, fine. It's not like we have not heard it before from people like you.

Again, if you do not like it you don't have to stay.

I like making things simple.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived