Any News On 2Nd Pc Patch?

Vikrant

No problem at all Peter.

As expected, after some e-mails with Ron, there won't be another patch for 2K10. I obviously won't post our e-mail conversation out of respect, but he stated that he would forward the list I sent to the devs for 2K11, and that they are working on a feedback system where "you’ll get more access to devs and they can basically check it off". News will be announced on the 2K forums on that.

So, in short, I'm still recommending that if you have any issues with 2K10, tell 2K, especially if you saw the issue in 2K9 as well as in 2K10. Worst comes to worst, they know and don't fix it. If so, you've lost a few minutes of your time. Best possible result is that they realise that people are generally unhappy about the underlying issues which have tainted the 2K MLB games and if they want wide-spread custom, they had better correct them.

If I'm the only one who sends them an e-mail mentioning the lack of audio that some are experiencing, what are the chances it'll be fixed? Low. If `00 people send them an e-mail saying they are experiencing audio issues, what are the chances it will be fixed? You can figure that out yourself.

Also, although 2K's customers have basically been screwed over to varying degrees in the last 2 years with 2K9 and 2K10, please remember that Ron isn't 2K - he just works for them. He's not the guy who should receive your tales of angst, woe and anger regarding the decisions that 2K makes. In the e-mails I've had with him, although short, they have been respectful and, given the subject matter, intelligent. Please don't send him e-mails with juvenile threats and "YOU BETTER FIX THIS IN 2K11 OR ELSE" lines. They're corny, and won't help the cause. Write out respectful, well thought-out and considered e-mails, detailing the issues you have seen with 2K10, any quirks you have noticed with the issue, what you suspect to be the cause (if you have one, that is, and please make it intelligent), and if you have seen others mention that they are also experience it. That way, they can focus on the issues that are affecting the most people and are hurting the end-product the most.

No problem at all Peter.

As expected, after some e-mails with Ron, there won't be another patch for 2K10. I obviously won't post our e-mail conversation out of respect, but he stated that he would forward the list I sent to the devs for 2K11, and that they are working on a feedback system where "you’ll get more access to devs and they can basically check it off". News will be announced on the 2K forums on that.

So, in short, I'm still recommending that if you have any issues with 2K10, tell 2K, especially if you saw the issue in 2K9 as well as in 2K10. Worst comes to worst, they know and don't fix it. If so, you've lost a few minutes of your time. Best possible result is that they realise that people are generally unhappy about the underlying issues which have tainted the 2K MLB games and if they want wide-spread custom, they had better correct them.

If I'm the only one who sends them an e-mail mentioning the lack of audio that some are experiencing, what are the chances it'll be fixed? Low. If `00 people send them an e-mail saying they are experiencing audio issues, what are the chances it will be fixed? You can figure that out yourself.

Also, although 2K's customers have basically been screwed over to varying degrees in the last 2 years with 2K9 and 2K10, please remember that Ron isn't 2K - he just works for them. He's not the guy who should receive your tales of angst, woe and anger regarding the decisions that 2K makes. In the e-mails I've had with him, although short, they have been respectful and, given the subject matter, intelligent. Please don't send him e-mails with juvenile threats and "YOU BETTER FIX THIS IN 2K11 OR ELSE" lines. They're corny, and won't help the cause. Write out respectful, well thought-out and considered e-mails, detailing the issues you have seen with 2K10, any quirks you have noticed with the issue, what you suspect to be the cause (if you have one, that is, and please make it intelligent), and if you have seen others mention that they are also experience it. That way, they can focus on the issues that are affecting the most people and are hurting the end-product the most.

Hopefully, firing Ron would be one positive step that 2K could take.

Archived