Proudest Video Game Moment

We've all been there, some just longer than others. I was going through all of my old games the other day, console and PC, and was just trying to figure out which ones I had the most fun with, and with which game I felt like I accomplished the most.

This is another thread that welcomes all ages and all types of players. If my 12 year old son were to post in this thread, I'm sure he would list his kill to death rate in Modern Warfare. If I were to have made this post 15 years ago, I'd probably list beating Final Fantasy III on the Super Nintendo as my proudest video game moment. But no folks, once again, at least for me, it all comes back to MVP, when for the first and only time I won a world series in a baseball video game (playing all 162 games manually) in 2007 with Lou Piniella and the Chicago Cubs.

So let's hear it, what's yours?

Another great thread idea. I love to respond in your threads because of all the different answers it brings out.

For me, it's two games. First it is Mvp Baseball 2005 just like you said Joe.

Now I never played in a dynasty like you did or won a championship in MVP. Heck, I've never once played a dynasty in MVP. All my games have been exhibition games. But I've had just as much fun playing that game in my own way. In my two threads that I have on here (the Y4L Total Classics games work in progress thread and my BSE thread, which does need updating by the way) I have had a lot of fun playing MVP baseball and I still do. And MVP baseball gave me the chance to meet a lot of really great people, including you.

Secondly, this game right here brought a lot of fun my way.

17 years ago I spent an entire summer creating a sixteen team league for this game and I played many 154 game seasons. You might say it was a TC mod before there was TC mods. :) I put the stats in, the portraits, proper fielding stats in, you name it. It was enjoyable and to this day Tony Larussa 2 remains near the top of my list of favorite video game moments.

One of my runner's up would have to be beating the Utah Jazz in the playoffs with NBA Live '95 on the Sega Genesis. Me and a buddy of mine took the Indiana Pacers during the playoffs, and came back from a 19 point deficit at the half to overcome Karl Malone and John Stockton on a last second shot to advance to the next round.

I remember both of us jumping up off the couch and running through the house screaming at the top of our lungs. 

What a blast.   :drinks:

I'm STILL playing my TC1978 Yankees dynasty that I started in the summer of 2007. I'm 114 games into it and have played all 114 games (plus the 1978 All Star Game). There are times when I'll go weeks or months in between playing a game, and other times when I'll play 10 games in a week. It all depends upon when I can find the time to play.

I don't know when, but I WILL eventually finish the dynasty, playing all 162 games plus the playoffs.

After that, I have plans for dynasties with TC1956, TC1951, TC1946, etc., etc., etc..... :D

Archived