What Is Spam Exactly?

theoricle11

most of those posts date back to June, kraw if you really wanted me to go hunt down all of the times you've spammed I would do it, but it beats the point. Everyone has spammed before, nobody is perfect. It is the ones that spam in 90% of thier posts that are the problem

I think what TT is doing is just fine. He hasn't been rude to anyone so lay off him Moose.

And for the record, Moose you criticize everyone. No one can do any right in your eyes - moderators included. You're the one who wants to be a moderator, but you're going about it the wrong way.

I think what TT is doing is just fine. He hasn't been rude to anyone so lay off him Moose.

And for the record, Moose you criticize everyone. No one can do any right in your eyes - moderators included. You're the one who wants to be a moderator, but you're going about it the wrong way.

No offense, but you think everything that isn't about mvp baseball is spam. You would rather the board be a two forum board with MVP '05 area and an MVP '04 area.

TT is spamming. Bitching about spam is spamming.

That is incorrect cubsfaninfla. I maintain that this is an MVP site, but there is a thread called Left Field where topics unrelated to MVP Baseball can be discussed. That is a certainty.

Please read my post from page 1 again:

Posting smilies alone is considered spam.

Posting erroneous comments of nonsense can be considered spam.

Posting for the sake of posting is spam (ie. no meaning behind your words)

Posting about post counts is also spam.

That is my definition of spam.

I think TT is trying to get the ball rolling on the forum becoming more self-moderated and that means that users step up and take an interest in the preservation and quality of the board. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. From what I have seen, he hasn't been rude unless he is attacked.

Carter:

'Some people' think that 'some other people' is trying to throw a 'coup d'etat' against their stronghold in the forum, which is just a baloney if you ask me, but that appears to be the reasoning behind the whole 'attitude' of 'some' lately.

Posting in Left Field is not spam, but if post counts are supposed to gauge the contribution to the site, post counts should only count in the MVP section. Removing a post count from the off topic area is not just labeling the whole section Spam, it has a different purpose.

Look people, it's not that serious. Let's just try to have fun here. If someone gets carried away with spam, I'm sure it will be pointed out and that person will be dealt with.

I didn't mean for this whole anti-spam movement to cause more problems. There are many more important things to worry about, such as life. Remember, this is supposed to be fun.

Carry on

I'm sorry for provoking this, but this is my final word on the subject. TT needs to act more like a "Forum Fanatic" than a Moderator. And Carter, stop making your weak assumptions about me. You and TT are not "everyone". I don't criticize everyone, just you two, cause you seem to be in cahoots all of a sudden.

I'm done with this argument.

Archived