Ati Radeon Hd2400 Pro Problems

dannyt

I need some advice here.

I am trying to install an ATI HD2400 Pro, but I'm running into some weird problems. I've disabled the on board video and installed the drivers, but when I restart the computer after plugging in to the card I'm getting a very pixelated, washed out screen. I've tried to adjust settings on the monitor as well, but I've had no luck.

What could be going on? Is there an installation step I'm missing?

It's a PCI-e card, I have 3gs of Ram, running Windows 7, and have a 400w PSU.

Thanks in advance.

I need some advice here.

I am trying to install an ATI HD2400 Pro, but I'm running into some weird problems. I've disabled the on board video and installed the drivers, but when I restart the computer after plugging in to the card I'm getting a very pixelated, washed out screen. I've tried to adjust settings on the monitor as well, but I've had no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Does that card require power from the PSU ? I'm guessing it doesn't, but if it does, is it plugged in ?

It may be defective.

I need some advice here.

Thanks in advance.

Does the pixelated washed out washed out screen include when the PC is posting (before Windows loads) or is it just when windows loads?

This may seem like a stupid question, but it's to help find a solution - did you use the drivers on the CD/DVD it came with or Windows 7's default drivers. And if you used the CD/DVD drivers, did you try to find an update for the drivers and install that to see what's goin on?

I manually installed the drivers from the website. I assume they are the most up-to-date drivers there are.

Does the pixelated washed out washed out screen include when the PC is posting (before Windows loads) or is it just when windows loads?

Yep, it's pixelated the whole way although you see it more when it's loaded up. I don't get it. This card should work perfectly.

If it's pixelated during POST, it's not a driver issue. Remove the card, reinstall it, and make sure all your connections are solid. If it's still having issues, install a known-good card. If that works fine, looks like you might be set for a return.

If it's pixelated during POST, it's not a driver issue. Remove the card, reinstall it, and make sure all your connections are solid. If it's still having issues, install a known-good card. If that works fine, looks like you might be set for a return.

I think I may have to return it as well. I've reinstalled several times to no avail. I haven't messed with the BIOS however. I'm not sure how to do that either.

Yep, it's pixelated the whole way although you see it more when it's loaded up. I don't get it. This card should work perfectly.

Like MarkB said, it is probably just a bad card. Only other things I can think of is if there is a fan on the video card, make sure it is actually spinning. I had an ATI a while back and the fan didn't kick on, problem is that fries the card pretty quick. I would think a 400w p/s would be enough for that video card, do you have another computer (maybe friends computer) you can try to throw the card in just to see if it works in the other computer?

Like MarkB said, it is probably just a bad card. Only other things I can think of is if there is a fan on the video card, make sure it is actually spinning. I had an ATI a while back and the fan didn't kick on, problem is that fries the card pretty quick. I would think a 400w p/s would be enough for that video card, do you have another computer (maybe friends computer) you can try to throw the card in just to see if it works in the other computer?

That's a good idea. I can try it on a couple computers at work.

Archived