Installation

LetsGoFish2015

For the must cursorial explanation possible, I would wipe down the CD with a tissue to remove any possible dirt that has accumulated on it. I personally wipe it down with a damp napkin then dry it off with a dry napkin, but everyone in the world seems to think this is akin to stabbing a cd with a knife. But it works for me.

Also, since I have an uppity Compaq laptop which likes to stop working just to annoy me, sometimes I need to dust off the lens on the CD player. If you have a regular CD drive this may be more difficult, but if you have a compressed air canister then you might be able to loosen the dirt from the lens this way. If not, uh, try your luck with blowing into it I guess.

Thus ends Laotzu's "ways you might screw up your computer that work nonetheless."

For the must cursorial explanation possible, I would wipe down the CD with a tissue to remove any possible dirt that has accumulated on it. I personally wipe it down with a damp napkin then dry it off with a dry napkin, but everyone in the world seems to think this is akin to stabbing a cd with a knife. But it works for me.

Also, since I have an uppity Compaq laptop which likes to stop working just to annoy me, sometimes I need to dust off the lens on the CD player. If you have a regular CD drive this may be more difficult, but if you have a compressed air canister then you might be able to loosen the dirt from the lens this way. If not, uh, try your luck with blowing into it I guess.

Thus ends Laotzu's "ways you might screw up your computer that work nonetheless."

Quick question: I picture you as an Asian man behind that "?" avatar. Am I right?

I'm a white Irish guy, who just happens to really find Chinese theology interesting. Which is ironic, considering how utterly atheistic I am in nature.

Lao Tzu wrote one of the first books ever, called the Tao Te Ching, which was the precursor to Taoism. It is essentially the tenants of Christianity without any of the hatred and anger of the Old Testament's Septuagint, and preceded it by about 2000 years. Also it can be inherently atheistic. Essentially, it boils down to "don't be an jerkass," a tenant that for all its simplicity is very hard to abide by at times. But, I continue my everlasting struggle.

But no, I'm so white I don't even tan in the summer. I'm so Irish my middle name is in gaelic and I technically am not really sure how to pronounce it. Suffice to say, my family has a lot of Celtics and Notre Dame hats floating about.

Well that clears that up.

I don't have a cool story with my user name. It derives from the sexual aphrodisiac, because, well, I am one. Plus, I am half-Spanish. The other half is from Italy. Thus why I am hot sh!t. Good times Laotzu.

PS: Good idea not to tan. Putting an Irish guy on the beach in the summer is like "putting a fork in the microwave. A lot of sparks and pain." -Greg Fitzsimmons (note to Kraw: this is how we credit :lol: )

Spanish-

Objectively, you've become one of my favorite posters on this site. You have truly entertaining posts and don't seem to freak out about things, so kudos to that.

Seriously, i haven't had a sunburn in years, it's great. Hopefully my girlfriend and I are moving out to California after she graduates from her Master's program next year, so maybe i'll end up looking positively German with my tans by then. God I'll be hot.

j34- If you're still having problems post to this thread and I'm sure we can come up with other random cures to attempt to fix your problem. I don't think sending the exe would do anything since if your disc itself is screwed up, countless files will need to be replaced, so you really need the working disc to get anywhere. Best of luck.

Thanks for the props man. I'm glad the humor I try infuse in my posts reached someone.

I have been trying to keep a cool, level head when responding and reason with those who flare up and unload bashes on each other. I still think my Civil War thread for Yankees/Red Sox fans would be a good idea. If steroids is not the topic to override the actual question at hand, it's that rivalry.

Archived