Graphic Troubleshoot In Mlb 2K11

manuel297

i have a Core2duo e7500 2.93GHZ, 3GB of ram and a GTS 450. i play MLb 2k11 in maximun graphics (1280x1024) with v-sync activated and sometimes the games lags and sometimes the screen turns black and them tunrs normal again like it were refreshing or something. anybody can help to improve that? :mellow:

i have a Core2duo e7500 2.93GHZ, 3GB of ram and a GTS 450. i play MLb 2k11 in maximun graphics (1280x1024) with v-sync activated and sometimes the games lags and sometimes the screen turns black and them tunrs normal again like it were refreshing or something. anybody can help to improve that? :mellow:

You tried running at 1920x1080?

I get this with my ati 5770 vid card all the time. Its a known issue with xfx cards not sure if it effects other ati cards or nvidia. The display driver stops responding, if it doesn't recover i get a BSOD with a atikpag error. Can not wait to upgrade my vid card thinking I am done with ati.

Edited by tiedyed

manuel297, Im glad to know im not the only one. Ive been going nuts trying to fix it or find someone else with the problem. That is the only bright spot though because its probably not a simple hardware or driver problem since others have this pause bug. if its the software, we might not get a patch or will have to wait till the AS break for a patch if this is even fixed at all. Whats your setup and maybe there is a setting or option in the game that can help....or let me know if someone plans to update 2k10 rosters because this is making me want to throw my controler

At least for me I think its my video card. I get it in other games as well as 2k11. Sometimes it happens without gaming and if you google my vid card with the atikpag or atikmag bsod, there are many posts about it but no fixes.I also get a notice popup in my task bar, that my vid driver has stopped responding and has recovered if it doest bsod

Edited by tiedyed

I turned up the refresh rate to 75mhz in the game only and it fixed that stupid crowd problem. I havent tested it long enough to see if i get the blue screen of death yet but i have all my settings on high and it runs pretty smooth with that 75 refresh rate.

seems like alot of folks are getting this bug but think it could be a sound problem or an hdmi sound issue with nvidia . I did see that win 7 service pack 1 that released recently provided something for this but driver sweeper screwed my system and I cant dl it. Ill keep trying... any of you have win 7 service pack 1 and still get the pauses?

tried no v-sync and got through one game...then four random pauses next game. I want to play this more, but this is getting pretty bad. I had none of this in 2k10 so what could have been changed this year that would be causing this. Im playing 6 different games with no problems at all so, at least in this case, its certainly this game.

What controller are you using ming? I am using a 360/pc controller.

360 wired with the microsoft drivers...again, this same controller was working fine with 2k10 a month ago. I even wondered if there was a way to disable the vibrate function but that doesnt seem to be possible.

tried no v-sync and got through one game...then four random pauses next game. I want to play this more, but this is getting pretty bad. I had none of this in 2k10 so what could have been changed this year that would be causing this. Im playing 6 different games with no problems at all so, at least in this case, its certainly this game.

2K sports and Nvidia gotta do something respect to this issues..

I get random pauses but that's because I see a nice FAT fastball or inside slider coming and I get a little power flux in my thumb which slips and hits the pause buttion!! :)

I get random pauses but that's because I see a nice FAT fastball or inside slider coming and I get a little power flux in my thumb which slips and hits the pause buttion!! :)

Yea, thats it...rub it in, wise guy

manuel297, Im glad to know im not the only one. Ive been going nuts trying to fix it or find someone else with the problem. That is the only bright spot though because its probably not a simple hardware or driver problem since others have this pause bug. if its the software, we might not get a patch or will have to wait till the AS break for a patch if this is even fixed at all. Whats your setup and maybe there is a setting or option in the game that can help....or let me know if someone plans to update 2k10 rosters because this is making me want to throw my controler

Ming, when I first started playing the game, it was freezing and going to a black screen every game during the first inning. Like you, I had zero issues with the other dozen games on my laptop, so I figured 2K11 was to blame. I even started a thread on another site complaining about the game, but everyone there said the issue was on my end. I was using edited rosters, so I thought that was maybe the problem. So I went through and made sure every team had 25 players, no more or less. Then I changed my video settings -- I turned V-Sync off and dropped the resolution down to 1600 x 900. Whatever I did, it worked, and I haven't had a single issue in over two weeks.

Edited by bangus

I have 1600x900 and no v-sync. I lowered fsaa quality to zero and got through a game, but ill check it some more before I get too excited. btw, no rosters and the game is great but we all know that ports are sometimes buggy.