Weird Bug

Norag

Just ran into an interesting bug and thought I'd see if anyone else had come across it. I was playing as the Reds against the Astros and Brandon Phillips was at the plate with two men on and two outs. He hit a deep drive to right field and the fielder braced himself against the wall to try and rob it. He times his jump and it flashes homerun and the announcers start talking about how poorly the pitcher has performed, although it is clear that the fielder successfully robbed him. How clear? While they are waxing on about the three run bomb, the between innings transition is rolling and the sides are changing. Sure enough, I'm now pitching. Yet I still have the runs that were / would have been plated by the homerun, Phillips has 3RBI and the dinger, and the inning was over. So in the end, I got credit for the homerun and the computer got credit for the out. Not that it's a situation that would happen often, but it'd be a real bummer to lose a game when you're fielder made an incredible catch.

What a stupid glitch.. it's fitting for this game.

Ever see the injury glitch ? I saw a pitcher injure himself and stay knelt down in the field for the rest of the game. Also, after the injury, there was a guy from the dugout at home plate along with the batter.

I don't know how you true MLB fans can even stomach this game anymore. It's very bland and awkward beside being glitchy.

Mike - We get it. You don't like the game. :facepalm: Whenever someone points out an issue they are having, you come in and make another post about how bad the game is. If you don't like the game, that's fine. You're welcome to your opinion. I tried MLB 2K10 last year, didn't like it and moved on.

The problem here is that your posts don't do anything to actually help solve the problems being discussed. It's like you're constantly looking for another reason to point out how bad the game is.

If you don't have anything constructive to add to the 2K11 topics, please don't post. It just ends up being a waste of time (both yours and those reading the topic).

That bug was spotted the first couple of days after the game came out.

Yeah, realized this after I made the post. Went to the forums to see if it was on the bug list, and sure enough, it was number 3.

Ever see the injury glitch ? I saw a pitcher injure himself and stay knelt down in the field for the rest of the game. Also, after the injury, there was a guy from the dugout at home plate along with the batter.

Yes I have. Saw it with Bronson Arroyo in the second game of the season. Thankfully, that's the only time.

Mike - We get it. You don't like the game. :facepalm: Whenever someone points out an issue they are having, you come in and make another post about how bad the game is. If you don't like the game, that's fine. You're welcome to your opinion. I tried MLB 2K10 last year, didn't like it and moved on.The problem here is that your posts don't do anything to actually help solve the problems being discussed. It's like you're constantly looking for another reason to point out how bad the game is. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the 2K11 topics, please don't post. It just ends up being a waste of time (both yours and those reading the topic).

Completely agree. The part of your quote that i copied was constructive, the rest of it is tired and needs to go. If you don't like the game, that's fine. The simple fix is, don't play the game. There are other choices out there which you are more than welcome to play. Dogging 2K and spouting negativity has been done quite enough and is old and tired. No one is forced to play a game or buy it. We can all do without the rants that add nothing constructive to the conversation. All games are going to have bugs, it's a fact of life. I'd yet to see a game, no matter how well coded, that didn't have bugs and issues. It's just a fact of life and the constraints of deadlines.

Mike - We get it. You don't like the game. :facepalm: Whenever someone points out an issue they are having, you come in and make another post about how bad the game is. If you don't like the game, that's fine. You're welcome to your opinion. I tried MLB 2K10 last year, didn't like it and moved on.

The problem here is that your posts don't do anything to actually help solve the problems being discussed. It's like you're constantly looking for another reason to point out how bad the game is.

If you don't have anything constructive to add to the 2K11 topics, please don't post. It just ends up being a waste of time (both yours and those reading the topic).

:drinks::clapping: Well said Jim!!

Just ran into an interesting bug and thought I'd see if anyone else had come across it. I was playing as the Reds against the Astros and Brandon Phillips was at the plate with two men on and two outs. He hit a deep drive to right field and the fielder braced himself against the wall to try and rob it. He times his jump and it flashes homerun and the announcers start talking about how poorly the pitcher has performed, although it is clear that the fielder successfully robbed him. How clear? While they are waxing on about the three run bomb, the between innings transition is rolling and the sides are changing. Sure enough, I'm now pitching. Yet I still have the runs that were / would have been plated by the homerun, Phillips has 3RBI and the dinger, and the inning was over. So in the end, I got credit for the homerun and the computer got credit for the out. Not that it's a situation that would happen often, but it'd be a real bummer to lose a game when you're fielder made an incredible catch.

Had this happen to me in a game I played yesterday. Outfielder reaches over the fence to rob the batter of a homerun. The out gets credited, but the batter also gets credited for a homerun. Strange bug, but it won't bother me until it ends up costing me a game, the chances of which are very slim.

I don't know how you true MLB fans can even stomach this game anymore. It's very bland and awkward beside being glitchy.

Gotta disagree. I think the game is quite enjoyable, even with a few head-scratching bugs. The only ones I have noticed though are the one mentioned by the OP, and the "K" sometimes being backwards after a strikeout. Neither one takes away from the game; its a heck of a lot better than games from the past. Anyone remember the Hardball series from the early 1990's? We've come a looong way since then.

Gotta disagree. I think the game is quite enjoyable, even with a few head-scratching bugs. The only ones I have noticed though are the one mentioned by the OP, and the "K" sometimes being backwards after a strikeout. Neither one takes away from the game; its a heck of a lot better than games from the past. Anyone remember the Hardball series from the early 1990's? We've come a looong way since then.

I actually disagree that it's better than games from the past. In my opinion, MVP 2005 and a few others are better than the current MLB 2K. I played the Hardball series a lot as a kid.

I'm not gonna state my obvious opinion of The Show. I play the game constantly. I've never played any game so much as an adult.

The graphics and gameplay in MLB 2K11 are not up to par for the year we're livin' in. Even just the style of the graphics are off the mark - for instance, the player's size are not even accurately represented in the game, but whatever. You guys wanna ring the alarm like I"m sayin' something you don't know. Every time you play the game, the same thoughts that run through my head probably run through your heads, because your MLB fans. I know you see what I'm talkin' about.

Jim, how is any post from anyone gonna solve the problem of a lazy money hungry company that doesn't give a **** about the game they're making ?

The bugs being discussed are not fixable by the people who bought it. It's gotta be fixed by the people who made it and ya know what, like i said, they don't care, so don't expect much from 'em.

It's already happened..... The "warn status" under his name was already fully red, and asking him to back down on his complaining seemed to have no effect, so he left me no choice. I will not put up with people who just post to stir up trouble.

Archived