Cincinnati Reds Retro Striped Uniform

Edtench

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Cincinnati Reds Retro Striped Uniform

File Submitter: Edtench

File Submitted: 07 May 2011

File Category: Uniforms and Accessories

Version: 1.0

This retro uniform is intended to capture the spirit of those worn in 1882- the colorful "clown costumes" that corresponded to the position played. This uniform is based on one worn by Reds second baseman Bid McPhee in 1882.

For the jerseys I used the "throwback template" available for download on this site. For the other uniform parts I used a combination of modded MVP 2005 parts and the trousers from Thome's nice 1869 Redstockings uniforms.

The main zip file ("Reds Retro Stripes") contains an image of the jersey front, and image of Bid McPhee's jersey for reference, and another zip file containing the uniform files (u020o.fsh and f020o.fsh). The font file is a blank font so that numbers and names will not show on the jersey.

Thanks to all modders and players who keep this great game going. I am pleased to offer this odd but cool-looking uniform for your use.

Click here to download this file

This is super cool

Thank you. I think it is pretty cool even though the uniform it's based on was only used part of the 1882 season and only worn by the second baseman. I lightened the blue stripe a bit to better match a shade of blue used often in early 1900 Reds uniforms.

I'm still not an expert at uniform modding but I have learned a bit about the editing software I'm using (GIMP). I am also limited to making 1X size uniforms rather than 2X because my computer doesn't handle the higher resolution stuff very well in gameplay.

Archived