Putting Custom Team In Franchise Mode

NYElectrons

Hey all.. Ok so i know you can not "in game" put a team you created in the francise mode.. Now i have bought Ty's roster editor, and i was playing with it, and one can deduct that you can change the roster of an existing team and then have the layers you created play in franchise..

My questions are..(before i attempt this daunting task)..

-What is the easiest way to do this?

-I dont want to just change the names of the players on the Yankees to my custom team players names, so i add them to the team, but how can i Delete or remove the original Yankees roster?

-Is there any way (short of selling my soul) of creating uniforms that will replace the Yankee uniforms in the Franchise mode?

-Can you change a home park thru an editor? (aka which park i want to use as my home park), that one is not so vital at all.

I know people have been making rosters etc.. are they using ty's program, i know there is another one out there, but will the other one give me any added benefits that ty's doesn't?

When it comes down to it, what i would like to do is create my team.. replace the Yankees in Franchise mode with my team. Basically just want to play 162 game schedule with it, i dont need most of the other stuff that comes involved with franchise, progression etc.. Why 2k left this out of the game i will never understand.

Thanks for your help.

Well, im trying to do this blindly cause i have searched all day here, operationsports etc.. and have come up with no definitive answers.. So here goes nothing... Put a bunch of new players in teh FA pool.. now to see if i can move them to the Yankees and Move their players somewhere else.

I was thinking of doing this as well, since i cant successful get mvp to run correct in windowed mode. i dont have ty's editor, but you should be able to delete names and add your own, it's a very big job, but it can be done, i guess if you need any help concerning some stats, or resizing players, one you have a base, i could go through and adjust stuff.

If u have tys editor u can create ur players put them on the yankees and drop the yankees players to free agency or any of the other slots.If u open tys editor u will several other slots beside just the team slots.For example theres a slot called 2k sports or futures worlds and even a couple slots that have ****** in them.Ive been using these slots to put the players who are on the current disabled list in them.Save the rosters and then when u start the game load ur roster up and then start a new franchise and ur created players should be on the yankees

uniforms:yes u can create unis and u can either replace the yankees unis or as i often suggest download the generic mod enabler and u can have many different unis without replacing any at all

Home park: this im not sure what u mean If u mean recreate another stadium no now say u want to use miller park as ur home field or whatever field u want, all u would need to do is rename 2 file s stadium_nyy.iff to stadium_mib.iff and vice versa.. ive never done this so use caution ,ALWAYS make sure u back up the original files, copy them and put them in another folder,this way if something messes up all u have to do is put the original back in,again this is where the mod enabler comes in handy.This way u can use the originals or just enable any mods whether it be stadiums or uniforms

If u have tys editor u can create ur players put them on the yankees and drop the yankees players to free agency or any of the other slots.If u open tys editor u will several other slots beside just the team slots.For example theres a slot called 2k sports or futures worlds and even a couple slots that have ****** in them.Ive been using these slots to put the players who are on the current disabled list in them.Save the rosters and then when u start the game load ur roster up and then start a new franchise and ur created players should be on the yankees

uniforms:yes u can create unis and u can either replace the yankees unis or as i often suggest download the generic mod enabler and u can have many different unis without replacing any at all

Home park: this im not sure what u mean If u mean recreate another stadium no now say u want to use miller park as ur home field or whatever field u want, all u would need to do is rename 2 file s stadium_nyy.iff to stadium_mib.iff and vice versa.. ive never done this so use caution ,ALWAYS make sure u back up the original files, copy them and put them in another folder,this way if something messes up all u have to do is put the original back in,again this is where the mod enabler comes in handy.This way u can use the originals or just enable any mods whether it be stadiums or uniforms

Thanks on all front's Don.. Bascailly i started doing it and so far it is working out excellent. I noticed all the teams with ****** in it in the editor, was wondering what those were.. As it stands right now, im creating a player, assigning him to FA.. then releasing a yankee player, and assigning the newly created player who is in the FA Pool t the team.. The thing i am concerned about is i don't want the Yankee players put back in the game because there FA's.. So i take it i can assign them to one of those **** teams or future teams and they wont be in the FA Pool anymore..

I started to look into modding the uniforms last night and the task seems very daunting.. I am not good at photoshop ( i can get by i guess).. and im not looking for Major changes at all..

See, i created this "organization" back in 1984 on Micro League Baseball on the C64, and its been with me ever since.. The uniforms are simplistic (being a yankee fan makes it easy).. basically have the NY Logo with an American Flag attached on the Y (in a wavy way) this making an "E".. Plus i want the names on the back of the uni's. I tried turning on the cheuck box in ty's editor for names on uni's, but they didnt appear, i take it the Yankee uni's dont have that on them in the files..

The Home Park thing i figured wa just a file rename, but i will play in the New Yankee Stadium as my home park, no issue..

Thanks for your insite.

i havnt tried this but u can try ,export from a uni that uses numbers, the sequence numbers 00 and 02(green screen) then import them back into the yankees unis and see if that works.That may do the trick and also yes if u dont want them being put back into the game then assign them to one of the ***** slots

you transfer any peicee from to the other uniform, but its ealser and its better to import anything other than the letters and numbers into the numbers specially letters the file containing the letters you want. the reason is the letters tend to get messed up severaly if you try export the one you want and then import them to the uniform you want. numbers a a little eaiser, but they will slightly out of line, but remeber to import the matching green screen with it, or it really will not look at all right.

Im probably not gonna mess with the Uni's.. at least not til i can get a grasp of all these editors and such.. Getting the team in there is the most important thing so i can PLAY the game.. Perhaps i can design something and mess with unis on my laptop, but the less crashy i make this thing the better..

I cant thank you all enough for your help. You all really do great work.

i cant speak for the others, but i've done a lot uniforms and added changed uniforms slots to and have yet have the game crash on me for doing that. at least to me i dont think added or modifying them will crash the game. its pretty soild on that front.

Archived