Cubs Crash In Total Classics 1946

Hey Guys,

Tonight I was making some uniforms for the Cubs in Total Classics 1946 and discovered that the game crashes whenever I use the Cubs (HOME or ROAD). I also tested this out on a stock/clean install of TC 1946 and the game always crashes after I select the stadium and it begins to load the game (with the Cubs). I checked the rosters in MVPEdit and everything looks kosher and I looked into the “Edit Player” feature within the game and checked every CUB player and it didn’t crash when I viewed them (for cyberface issues?).

It may be a rogue issue with Cyberfaces or Audio/Portrait problems…Has anyone had this problem with the Cubs? Any help is appreciated.

:help:

Dennis, after reading your post I went into TC46 and loaded up the Cubs. I never used them before in that mod because I just never got around to it. Well, I tried to play Cubs vs. Cubs and I selected Wrigley Field and just like you said, it crashed to the desktop. Why, I don't know.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

EDIT: No I do not play with the keyboard. I just had the gamepad detached from the computer because I have a flash drive in now.

Hey Guys,

Tonight I was making some uniforms for the Cubs in Total Classics 1946 and discovered that the game crashes whenever I use the Cubs (HOME or ROAD). I also tested this out on a stock/clean install of TC 1946 and the game always crashes after I select the stadium and it begins to load the game (with the Cubs). I checked the rosters in MVPEdit and everything looks kosher and I looked into the "Edit Player" feature within the game and checked every CUB player and it didn't crash when I viewed them (for cyberface issues?).

It may be a rogue issue with Cyberfaces or Audio/Portrait problems…Has anyone had this problem with the Cubs? Any help is appreciated.

:help:

Hey Dennis! I don't have the 1946 mod installed, so this is just a shot in the dark but try changing the Cubs Managers cyberface to a generic one (901-915). It may be the manager's cyberface isn't installed.

You can change the manager's cyberface in MVPedit by selecting the Chicago Cubs, pressing the "Team" button, clicking on the "Manager" tab, and then changing the face under the "Appearance" section.

Hope that helps, Dennis!

Y4L,

Thanks so much for testing that out…it’s good to know that it wasn’t just me. Lol!...that’s cool because on my modding system I don’t plug in a controller either for testing purposes.

Dylan,

YOU RULE!!! THANK YOU!! The manager cyber-face was exactly the problem. I changed it to a generic (905) face and I selected “NO” for the MVP 04 Cyber-Face portion (it was set on “Yes”) and I fired it up and it works PERFECTLY. You’re the best man.

For the heck of it, I’ll go ahead and post a stock .MBE file with only that change so that it can just be imported with MVPEdit.

-Dennis

TC1946.zip

Y4L,

Thanks so much for testing that out…it's good to know that it wasn't just me. Lol!...that's cool because on my modding system I don't plug in a controller either for testing purposes.

Dylan,

YOU RULE!!! THANK YOU!! The manager cyber-face was exactly the problem. I changed it to a generic (905) face and I selected "NO" for the MVP 04 Cyber-Face portion (it was set on "Yes") and I fired it up and it works PERFECTLY. You're the best man.

For the heck of it, I'll go ahead and post a stock .MBE file with only that change so that it can just be imported with MVPEdit.

-Dennis

You're welcome, Dennis! Glad I could help! :)

Archived