ROBBED!!!

TRJA

I think first of all, if you are a fan of the Yankees, your baseball life is so blessed you should be able to take the critizism that comes with being such a dominant winner. I'm a 49ers fan, I know the feeling.

I think most Yankees fans are very defensive, however, because they, deep down, understand that what the Yankees (and to be fair, now the Red Sox as well) are doing is damaging to baseball. Anyone else notice that after three concecutive years of the Yankees being upset in the playoffs, attendance and ratings are way up? That's not a coincidence... the first two times, people chalked it up to fluke...a third time? That's a trend, now people are excited about baseball again. They (ignorantly) think that the Evil Empire is dead.

Emperor George said once, and I'm paraphrasing here because I don't know the exact quote anymore, "Why should I worry about what other teams are doing? People come here to see the Yankees", to which someone on ESPN Radio replied, quite astutely, "Well, lets see how many people come out to watch the Yankees play 81 split squad games".

Whenever a major free agent comes into the market, the big question isn't whether the Yankees'll sign him anymore... it's only a question of HOW MUCH will the Yankees sign him for. It's become uncanny how the best players in the league seem to be issued pinstripes along with their first All-Star Appearance. Sometimes, the only reason a big name DOESN'T go to New York is the fact that New York is too busy signing the bigger names.

Other teams fill gaps... Arizona traded Junior Spivey, so they went out and signed Roberto Alomar so Matt Kata could develop. The Twins lost some pitchers in the off-season, they went out and signed Rick Helling. The Yankees, on the other hand, don't get stop gaps, they get all-stars. Each and every off-season they seem to add another all-star. It's rediculous.

As far as that list of homegrown players you listed... hardly any of them are on the team anymore, and besides, these arguemnts extend to the minor leagues! The Yankees stockpile talent down there too! They've got AA players making more money than some teams's #3 hitters! That's just dumb! Those players should be playing at the major league level with other clubs, not sitting around making sure the Yankees have someone to trade for Randy Johnson later this season!

Lets say the Yankees get on another roll, and win 5 strait. People will get bored, people outside of New York wont care anymore. Hell, _I_ wont care anymore, and I love baseball. I'll start watching my Northern League again. Yes, it's full of over the hill players who think they can still play ball, but I like it. Baseball is a New York hot streak away from dying off. There wont always be Sammy and Mark, Barry, the D-Backs, Angels, and Marlins around to save it. It will die.

er..... i was being sarcastic.

The Yankees can spend however much they want and everyone else can be as bitter as they want, but the the truth is the yankee havent won a world series since 2000, which incedently was the last time thier payroll was UNDER 100 million, and despite the payroll the yankees arent as formitable as they were in the late 90s.

The Yankees arent hurting baseball, so give it a rest.

PS. Im a wicked hardcore BoSox fan, and absolutly detest the Yankees, but I aint gunna be a crybaby cuz Yankees made good FA choices in the past.

If any of the above mentioned teams had the Yankees ability to spend money, chances are they wouldn't have gone into the market for just replacements, they would have gone for upgrades.

You don't pass up the chance to make your team better, if you have the means to take that chance.

Is it bad for baseball, in regards to fans disliking the game? Yes, I think it probably is. The NFL is so popular because the teams are so close talent wise.

Baseball needs a salary cap, not a tax. The players won't ever allow that to happen. I mean, they don't even want things like their real salaries showing up in baseball games! That little clause is totally an MLBPA creation. I'm sure the Owners would have no problems having the real salaries showing up. Not that it makes a huge difference.

Now what was I talking about...?

not sure if you all was making fun of his spelling or grammar, but when open daying started there was rumors of perhaps the yankees getting johnson before the trade deadline....not sure how true they are but the rumor trade about manny for a-rod turned out to be true so who knows

I'm pretty *sure* the gentleman with the bad grammer and all caps was being ironic, or something. It's too messed up to be true! Besides, MOST baseball fans don't type like 14-year old Mutant **** girls writing a blog.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

EDIT: While I am pretty, there would be no point in announcing that here, so I added the SURE next to it, as I should have done in the first place. I also spelled gentleman wrong. Oh well.

Archived