ROBBED!!!

TRJA

Hehe sorry I just had to vent about this.....

In my current season (2006 simmed) I had Pujols hit 48 HR's with 126 RBI's with a .354 BA. HOWEVER, he lost the MVP voting to Ichiro who only hit 28 HR's with 96 RBI's and a 297 BA.

The randomizer (or whatever) on the MVP voting has to be REALLY messed up for that to happen.

why are they on the same league?

Oops hehe I forgot to add " (2006 simmed FANTASY season).

But then again DRaY is right, a YANKEE fan should NOT ask how "good" players end up on different teams ;)

Funny how a Yankee fan is asking that question. It's called buying your players, you should be rather familiar with it.

your a drays fan you should too. hmmm vinny castilla, jose canseco, tino martinez, greg vaughn, jose cruz jr...come to think of it all teams are guilty ;)

I love how Yankee fans get sooooo defensive so quickly... just entertaining...

PS How can you say the yankees don't just buy superstars, um who do they get this offseason... umm.....

True teams are built up from the minors so they learn how to play together, championships will mean a whole lot more to them than a team that is just assmebled to win 100+ games each season. Everytime the Yankees lose in the playoffs they go out and buy another big-name player, but it's cool as long as Pujols and Ichiro aren't in the same league.

Im not really sure how "unrealistic" having pujols and ichro in the same league is, Im not sure why anyone woould think that other then they aren't right now, But the again last year, J. Lopez and posada weren't in the same league niether were Vlad and Giambi, Sheffield and Ramierez, Clemens and Wood, etc.

As for realism, Im more for the Fanstasy for the fairness side of it.

I love how Yankee fans get sooooo defensive so quickly... just entertaining...

PS How can you say the yankees don't just buy superstars, um who do they get this offseason... umm.....

True teams are built up from the minors so they learn how to play together, championships will mean a whole lot more to them than a team that is just assmebled to win 100+ games each season. Everytime the Yankees lose in the playoffs they go out and buy another big-name player, but it's cool as long as Pujols and Ichiro aren't in the same league.

Oh shut the **** up. Is that the only line of complaint you have? That the Yankees "buy" players? Quick question, who doesn't buy players?

If A-Rod had went to Boston, nobody would have said anything, but because he goes to the "Evil Empire", he is a sellout, and the Yankees don't use the minors, they just "buy" players. May I remind you of Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada, etc etc etc etc etc? How many superstars have the Yankees developed over the years? Look over the list, and you should find that what you just said makes no sense at all.

Oh shut the [naughty word] up. Is that the only line of complaint you have? That the Yankees "buy" players? Quick question, who doesn't buy players?

If A-Rod had went to Boston, nobody would have said anything, but because he goes to the "Evil Empire", he is a sellout, and the Yankees don't use the minors, they just "buy" players. May I remind you of Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada, etc etc etc etc etc? How many superstars have the Yankees developed over the years? Look over the list, and you should find that what you just said makes no sense at all.

Thanks for proving my point on the defensive thing... and so 3 players of your 25 man roster are "home grown" congrats! And how can you say they don't try to just buy wins??? $180mil in payroll, that's how much higher than the defending champs The Marlins??? Or how much higher than any other team? It is funny though, the New York fans think they know it all just cause the Yankees' owner has deep pockets so you expect to win all the time, if only there were a salary cap, that would shut you people the [naughty word] up.

Thanks for proving my point on the defensive thing... and so 3 players of your 25 man roster are "home grown" congrats! And how can you say they don't try to just buy wins??? $180mil in payroll, that's how much higher than the defending champs The Marlins??? Or how much higher than any other team? It is funny though, the New York fans think they know it all just cause the Yankees' owner has deep pockets so you expect to win all the time, if only there were a salary cap, that would shut you people the [naughty word] up.

other players the yankees developed... andy pettitte who is no longer on the team, soriano also no longer on the team, mike lowell no longer on the team. there are a lot of players the yankees developed but traded for a proven veteran. its not defensive these are facts. facts that when you see, you have no response but to complain. i remember the indians "buying" a few players as well. or did you foeget that too? funny how YOU think you know everything then get proven wrong. you are right about one thing though...you have to build up from the minors which is exactly what the yankees have done although it has diminshed in the past few years. before you write another post make sure you know what you are talking about. maybe if the owner of the indians spent some money manny and the rest of the good players they had would've still been there and hey you might even had a championship or two. you have to spend the money to keep your home grown talent. thats just the way it is.

If you look at ANY team you can find a handful of players that came up through the Minors and are now great players. The Indians introduced many big hitters to this league like Thome, and Ramirez... so that's just a dumb argument... at any rate, my point was that successful teams are the ones that build their teams from the minors and do keep them together. The Indians had their few years and came as close as one out away from winning it all, now they are re-building, NOT just buying the big name free agents. The teams that use their minor league systems are a better TEAM than the Yankees because the have a sense of comradery. With the Yankees, half the team wants to be the star player with the big ego, it just doesn't work that way. Case and point, the Marlins (mostly homegrown except for Pudge last season) beat the Yanks last year, so the Marlins kept their team mainly intact and the Yankees went out an spend another $50mil. cause they lost. Time will tell which will pay off this year...

This got way off topic too, and why? cause Yankee fans take everything too personally (my first point)... this all started just cause someone couldn't see Pujols and Ichiro in the same league, which is just stupid in this day and age with free agency and the fact that there are only about 4 or 5 teams willing to shell out big contracts. It was just quite ironic that it was a Yankee fan that pointed this out.

If you look at ANY team you can find a handful of players that came up through the Minors and are now great players. The Indians introduced many big hitters to this league like Thome, and Ramirez... so that's just a dumb argument... at any rate, my point was that successful teams are the ones that build their teams from the minors and do keep them together. The Indians had their few years and came as close as one out away from winning it all, now they are re-building, NOT just buying the big name free agents. The teams that use their minor league systems are a better TEAM than the Yankees because the have a sense of comradery. With the Yankees, half the team wants to be the star player with the big ego, it just doesn't work that way. Case and point, the Marlins (mostly homegrown except for Pudge last season) beat the Yanks last year, so the Marlins kept their team mainly intact and the Yankees went out an spend another $50mil. cause they lost. Time will tell which will pay off this year...

This got way off topic too, and why? cause Yankee fans take everything too personally (my first point)... this all started just cause someone couldn't see Pujols and Ichiro in the same league, which is just stupid in this day and age with free agency and the fact that there are only about 4 or 5 teams willing to shell out big contracts. It was just quite ironic that it was a Yankee fan that pointed this out.

thank you for making my point and contradicting yourself at the same time. the yankees did use their minor league system thats how they became a good team again. the yankees signed players in the off season because clemens retired...then came out to play in houston, pettite signed with houston. when a team loses players its common that they sign or trade others to replace them. every team does has done it since the 70's...when free agency came into existence.

ANYWAY lets just all agree to disagree. i thinbk we can agree that MVP 2004 kicks *** and the modders are doing an awesome job making this game better for us. lets talk about them for a change and te great work they do. i'm calling a truce ;)

ANYWAY lets just all agree to disagree. i thinbk we can agree that MVP 2004 kicks *** and the modders are doing an awesome job making this game better for us. lets talk about them for a change and te great work they do. i'm calling a truce ;)

Finally, something we can agree on.

Really amazing. I mean really. Here's a guy who starts a thread to let us know that one of his players on his dynasty league was robbed of the MVP award, and it gets turned around somehow to be blamed on the evil ways of the New York Yankees. What's next?

True, I'm pretty sure the Yankees are responsible for all of the worlds woes.

Let's face it, $180 Million is a an amazingly huge amount of money to pay your team.

But I guess we can all rest content in the fact that if say.. the A's.. or the Brewers, or the Reds or the Pirates or.. anyone really came into the ability to spend that type of money, there is NO WAY they would buy players like that! I mean, that's only something the "Evil Empire" does!

No, no. All the other teams in baseball would think about the other clubs first, maybe you know, check with them and see if it would be ok if they signed a free-agent or not.

Take Chelsea in English Football for example, they got an owner who had very deep pockets, and did they run out and buy all new players to make themeselves better, of course not!!.. Oh.. wait...

:roll:

I'm not a Yankees fan, but if there is a team out there that could spend money like the Yankees and ISN'T, you fans would be ENRAGED. As it stands now, you mostly just sound jealous.

Lesse...

Yankees World Series since 1996:

1996, 1998, 1999, 2000

Yankees ACLS since 1996:

1996, 1998, 1999, 200, 2001, 2003

I mean, I'm not trying to inflame any opinions, just trying to point out the facts!

Maybe the Yankees fans are always on the defensive, because everyone is always attacking them, without just cause?

Or, maybe having them buy all the best players is pretty damm annoying! Who am I to say!?

Archived