Potential Problem With 2K's Minor League Rosters

Hollywood70

I haven't explored this fully yet, because I've been too busy playing out games, but after scouting my AAA roster of "fake" players, I found several - 8 batters, for instance - who are WAY too old. They are classified as "rookies" and have no MLB experience, but their birthday shows that they were born in years like 1979, 1980, etc. I haven't cheked the other teams or my AA and A teams yet, but if all of the fake players are like this, it would be pretty bad to start a franchise using the 2K rosters. :(

Dont forget that alot of those fake names (200+) are actually for real players, still active and retired. convert the retired players to whomever you wish. Some of those fake name players may be rookies/prospects that 2k cant legally add to their roster yet either. You can identify a real player with a fake name by mm/dd/yy, or just mm/dd with incorrect year listed, birthplace, height and/or weight, batting/throwing hand, position, jersey number, player rating, or the 1st initials of first and last name. Those are the criteria ive always used to identify a real player. Use the player search feature under frivolties/birthday at baseball-reference.com