Mercylords Pc Sliders

MercyLord

NOTE: Begin inputting your sliders from ALL-STAR difficulty.

UPDATED 2/24/2021

Controller Setup:

- Classic Batting

- Total Control Pitching

Controller Options:

- Batter's Eye: Off (or user preference)

- Pitch Aim: Breakpoint Aim

**INJURY SLIDER FOR FRANCHISE MODE: 70

Pitcher Fatigue: 30

Active Bullpen: On

Catcher Suggestion: OFF

Strike Zone window is OFF

(INSIDE EDGE ON)

USER BATTING:

Batting Contact: 20

Batting Power: 50

Bunt Contact: 15

Bunt Success: 5

Batter Eye Frequency: 0

CPU BATTING:

AI Batting Contact: 50

AI Batting Power: 70

AI Bunt Contact: 55

AI Bunt Success: 50

USER PITCHING:

Pitch Meter Speed: 85

Pitch Speed: 75

Pitch Break Influence: 60

Pitcher Composure Influence: 45

Pitcher Control: 10

CPU PITCHING:

AI Pitch Speed: 75

AI Pitch Success: 70

AI Strike Zone Tendency: 20

AI Pitch Break Influence: 60

AI Pitcher Composure Influence: 25

USER FIELDING:

Throw Accuracy: 30

Gather Error Frequency: 50

Throwing Error Frequency: 55

Outfield Throw Speed: 65

Infield Throw Speed: 20

Outfield Run Speed: 15

Infield Run Speed: 10

CPU FIELDING:

AI Gather Error Frequency: 55

AI Throwing Error Frequency: 55

AI Outfield Throw Speeds: 65

AI Infield Throw Speeds: 40

AI Outfield Run Speed: 10

AI Infield Run Speed: 10

USER RUNNING:

Base Runner Speed: 35

Pickoff Success: 60

Catcher Arm Strength: 45

Catcher Arm Accuracy: 25

CPU RUNNING:

AI Base Runner Speed: 35

AI Hit-n-Run Tendency 90

AI Sacrifice Bunt Tendency: 45

AI Squeeze Tendency: 35

AI Base Running Aggression: 65

AI Steal Aggression: 55

AI Catcher Arm Strength: 60

AI Catcher Arm Accuracy: 50

Edited by MercyLord
updated sliders

ya i have been messing with them since day one , i started from Mkharsh33 on operation sports forums but he use the xbox so i figure i should start posting my tweaks since im sorta obsessed with getting these damn things a near perfect as i can . The compter power might be a problem but then again im playing with baltimore and they might have the worst pitching staff in baseball i have the cpu contact at 65 and 90 right now teasting that . going to give this a spin for a while before i post a change .

Here is what I'm playing with at the moment. I don't claim the be the best video ball player in the world... so for the most part things have been changed to fit 'ME'. I'm a big fan of the hitter's eye option. With these settings, it only seems to fire with good or great hitters and sub par or tired out pitchers. You never see it until the 8th or so vs someone like C.C. on the hill.

Hitting seems about right. I play with the Tigers and am now 22 games into my season. Players like Micky and Fielder might be doing a little 'too well', but the rest of my team seems pretty real.

My big changes:

Injuries have been set much lower, yet I have had 3 players injured already (two over 30 days). 22 games in. But this is kinda a personal thing for me. If one of my studs goes out for half the season, ruins things for me. Might be a little 'gamey' but i'm happy with the setting so far.

CPU bunting

Since it seems I'm given the damn pitcher for a defender with most every bunt. I never have a prayer and anyone with wheels is safe at first A LOT. So i turned this down to give me a chance at least. Same goes for CPU steeling. I tend to be pretty slow at recognizing a steel attempt and forget about base runners more than I should, so I turned this down also. But the AI is still safe a lot. 70% i'll bet.

Controller Setup:

- Hitters Eye & Inside Edge

- Total Control Pitching

Controller Options:

- Batter's Eye: ON

- Pitch Aim: Breakpoint Aim

**INJURY SLIDER FOR FRANCHISE MODE: 22

Pitcher Fatigue: 45

Active Bullpen: On

Catcher Suggestion: OFF

Strike Zone window is ON

USER BATTING:

Batting Contact: 35

Batting Power: 65

Bunt Contact: 50

Bunt Success: 50

Batter Eye Frequency: 55

CPU BATTING:

AI Batting Contact: 70

AI Batting Power: 80

AI Bunt Contact: 50

AI Bunt Success: 50

USER PITCHING:

Pitch Meter Speed: 85

Pitch Speed: 75

Pitch Break Influence: 55

Pitcher Composure Influence: 45

Pitcher Control: 15

CPU PITCHING:

AI Pitch Speed: 75

AI Pitch Success: 70

AI Strike Zone Tendency: 40

AI Pitch Break Influence: 50

AI Pitcher Composure Influence: 35

USER FIELDING:

Throw Accuracy: 50

Gather Error Frequency: 55

Throwing Error Frequency: 50

Outfield Throw Speed: 40

Infield Throw Speed: 40

Outfield Run Speed: 15

Infield Run Speed: 15

CPU FIELDING:

AI Gather Error Frequency: 55

AI Throwing Error Frequency: 50

AI Outfield Throw Speeds: 40

AI Infield Throw Speeds: 40

AI Outfield Run Speed: 15

AI Infield Run Speed: 15

USER RUNNING:

Base Runner Speed: 40

Pickoff Success: 55

Catcher Arm Strength: 50

Catcher Arm Accuracy: 40

CPU RUNNING:

AI Base Runner Speed: 40

AI Hit-n-Run Tendency: 80

AI Sacrifice Bunt Tendency: 50

AI Squeeze Tendency: 35

AI Base Running Aggression: 70

AI Steal Aggression: 60

AI Catcher Arm Strength: 55

AI Catcher Arm Accuracy: 45

Oh, one more thing. I changed my pitching camera view to 'pitcher 2'. The one that is centered and zoomed in a little closer. This has made things much better for AI walks. When i miss a pitch it falls out of the strike zone now more often. Yes I still hang plenty down the middle of the plate with a tired or rattled pitcher. Before, I was using 'pitcher' and found that much more difficult. I either threw it down the middle or 3 feet outta the strike zone. Might be an option worth looking into down the road though. But my main point... the view made a major difference for me with identical sliders.

cool man going to lower the computers power down from 90 too 80 and up the contact too 70 , i guess this is good man your are testing with a great team im teasting with a crap team , i have 33 games in and im 2 games under with the worst staff in baseball LOL i get crushed ! i did just make a trade for jake pevy since the soxs are 13 games out already , they are baddddd . oh well ill give your cpu batting rating a shot .

Just finished a series @ Yankees. I took 2 of 3, but all three games were very very close. Hell, it felt like the damn ALCS! On thing to note... with CPU batting power at 80... them damn Yanks hit 6 or 7 bombs on me over the three games. Even Verlander was taken deep once.

Baltimore has the highest ERA and BAA in my league also :) Good luck!

Edited by velvet_elvis

lol ya same with mine , i decided that playing with Baltimore is horrible i get rocked like every game LOL i started a new one with the Pirates and Toronto to change it up a bit , wow its pretty clear in this game just like Real life you best get your Pitching in order , having more fun now that i have a few good players on my staff instead of Baltimore **** poor rotation . Wow are they bad i bet it will pretty much be the same in real life . I dropped it down to 65/85 now to check this out ! LOL nice game man ya man them teams that have power they can hurt ya bad , I'm so glad 2ksports fixed alot of crap from last year you can tell big time in the 2k12 version . oh well back to messing with these sliders . after i get this Cpu batting just the way i want it im going to ride it for a half season see what happens . Btw with Baltimore i gave up 35 runs in a 3 game set ,LOL sad i know

Im not touching my Cubs until the season mode thank god LOl i cant imagine playing with Baltimore and the Cubs like i was about to do , that would of been some ugly games :)

I have not had a problem with The injury slider at all i think i was near 40 games and i think they had only like 10 players that were on the DL with a bunch hurt but not to many man i was thinking about bumping them up a bit at one point , i bet its just the luck of the draw . who knows i guess i will be playing with two teams now ill be able to tell a bit better

I'm still at 70/80 here. Keeping a close eye on my SO #s... Verlander & Papa Grande still get quite a few (think Verlander had 8 his last start) but the rest of the team only gets a 'few'. And I agree... think I'll play a few weeks and see how things turn out. At any rate, these sliders are pretty damn close! In fact, I may start my season over. I had played a couple of weeks with 2K default sliders... kinda has my stats outta wack. I was a little too dominate there... my pitching for sure.

Also, I just had Below (RP) go down for 7+ days. Still set at 22. That makes 4 injuries for my Tigers in the month of April. I'll have to look at the rest of MLB, but i've noticed quite a few 'minor' injuries at least on teams i've been up against.

Play Ball!

Hey man you notice they fixed the crowd ! if your team stinks its empty . i dont think last years version had that , i thought it was full all the time im pretty sure. I agree these sliders are so near ready , just the cpu batting i have to figure out in more testing .

Hey man i sent ya a message about a teamspeak im on all the time , i play alot of Starwars mmo there with a bunch of us , would like to talk to ya more about all this in voice if you dont mind and you have a mic.

hey great work on these. I tried using mkharsh's from operation sports as well. Not sure if they translate to the PC well. i'm getting killed like 12-2 with the CPU getting 15 or more hits a game. My outfielders and infielders seem slow. Most CPU hits in the gap turn into doubles or triples. I like challenging but this is a bit frustrating. Will keep tweaking a bit and let ya know.

ya man i have to lower some stuff like the computer batting im att 65/90 right now i think 65 is all about set , but the CPU power i might bump up to 95

Yeah I agree. seems like CPU needs to be 95 or 100. 80-90 produced very few deep balls for CPU. Your slider set seem pretty good to go. we'll see over a full season but should be pretty accurate. Great work!

Yeah I agree. seems like CPU needs to be 95 or 100. 80-90 produced very few deep balls for CPU. Your slider set seem pretty good to go. we'll see over a full season but should be pretty accurate. Great work!

Ya man just trying to get this right before opening day when i play my 4 team Franchise mode . Going to go with BlueJays/Royals/Pirates and a 4th team im not sure about im leaning towards Washington . My Hometown Team and my heart and soul cubs im going to do the season mode with them . Im starting to believe when you start off you should lower the CPU batting to like 55 Contact 80 power and build it up slowly as you get better . I hope i have it right ! I will have the final tweaks before opening day and that i will ride with . I HOPE THIS IS IT and i have it RIGHT /PRAY lol peace

Mercylord

I haven't applied Mercylord's sliders yet, but I'm about to try them out.. Just wanted to say I've been frustrated through the first 20 games (Franchise, Pro difficulty, trying my own slider combos from game to game) as I've pitched about 15 shutouts using Total Control -- about half of them complete games -- and my hits are nearly all singles and pop-ups. Lots of 1-0, 2-0 games. I've read on the 2k forums that others are experiencing the same thing.. too easy pitching vs too difficult hitting, regardless of the difficulty level. Have you guys found that adjusting the sliders makes much of a difference in this area? b/c my slider tweaking hasn't really affected much, especially pitching.. My apologies if this has been addressed already here..

I haven't applied Mercylord's sliders yet, but I'm about to try them out.. Just wanted to say I've been frustrated through the first 20 games (Franchise, Pro difficulty, trying my own slider combos from game to game) as I've pitched about 15 shutouts using Total Control -- about half of them complete games -- and my hits are nearly all singles and pop-ups. Lots of 1-0, 2-0 games. I've read on the 2k forums that others are experiencing the same thing.. too easy pitching vs too difficult hitting, regardless of the difficulty level. Have you guys found that adjusting the sliders makes much of a difference in this area? b/c my slider tweaking hasn't really affected much, especially pitching.. My apologies if this has been addressed already here..

Tweak your pitching sliders to make it tougher to pitch and CPU batting better. I'm using a slightly modified version of mercylords and mrkash's sliders, and I often find I'll pitch well (as in completely dominant :D) for 3/4 half innings, but run into some trouble in other innings. Plus the AI seem to be able to make some pretty strong comebacks. Once I was up (blue jays vs rangers) 4 runs in the 7th, gave up a run in the 8th and bloody Beltre belted a two run homer :(

One thing I'd say though is the game varies immensely with the pitcher you are using. The difference in results between using an average pitcher to a superstar pitcher is immense.

I've played the Show on ps3, and yeah its a 'better' game, but for all its flaws, I am having immense fun with mlb 2k12.

Ya man just trying to get this right before opening day when i play my 4 team Franchise mode . Going to go with BlueJays/Royals/Pirates and a 4th team im not sure about im leaning towards Washington . My Hometown Team and my heart and soul cubs im going to do the season mode with them . Im starting to believe when you start off you should lower the CPU batting to like 55 Contact 80 power and build it up slowly as you get better . I hope i have it right ! I will have the final tweaks before opening day and that i will ride with . I HOPE THIS IS IT and i have it RIGHT /PRAY lol peace

Mercylord

Dude Classic hitting is a must in my eyes , im in well past 80 games with two teams point of view and things look pretty good with standing/stats popint of view . only adjustments ill be making from now on will be maybe the hitting for the cpu i believe everything else is pretty much on point . i guess it all depends on the person on what suits him ! i don't use pitching eye either . As far for the pitching i dont have a problem are you talking PC version because most things on 2k forums are console point of view . i Believe the AI is more improved then the Console in my opinion after i played my friends XBOX360 . i say we played near 20 games last week when i went to visit him for the weekend

Tweak your pitching sliders to make it tougher to pitch and CPU batting better. I'm using a slightly modified version of mercylords and mrkash's sliders, and I often find I'll pitch well (as in completely dominant :D) for 3/4 half innings, but run into some trouble in other innings. Plus the AI seem to be able to make some pretty strong comebacks. Once I was up (blue jays vs rangers) 4 runs in the 7th, gave up a run in the 8th and bloody Beltre belted a two run homer :sad:

One thing I'd say though is the game varies immensely with the pitcher you are using. The difference in results between using an average pitcher to a superstar pitcher is immense.

I've played the Show on ps3, and yeah its a 'better' game, but for all its flaws, I am having immense fun with mlb 2k12.

Cool man , i played the show im not a fan of the game at all i think the AI on the PS3 is crap IN MY OPINION , but then again i compare everything to a PC LOL its like trying to compare a a highschool player to a Majorleague player LOL anyways i guess it all depends on the person on what they like . Flaws ? pc version i play i dont see many ! LOL funny just seems like were not talking about the same game . I have been playing console/PC baseball games since the 80's i seen some bad ones :) This mlb2k12 pC version is the best i have seen yet

I play classic mode (hitting & pitching), After about 30 games with the sliders I'm working on I raised the pitchmeter and pitch speed to 100 on both. I was getting way to many hits and striking out way to many batters. Just adjusting this made a way way more realistic game for me. Makes the pitching really challenging if you use classic pitching.

What kind of user power are you seeing? I got contact @ 30 and power @ 60 and have only hit maybe 4 home runs in 15-20 games...and only from top power hitters like Cabrera and Bautista.

Also, pitching is way to dominant. I got CPU contact @75 and power @ 100 and I still pitch close, low run games with crappy pitchers. Give me an ace and I can guarantee a shutout...

I play classic mode (hitting & pitching), After about 30 games with the sliders I'm working on I raised the pitchmeter and pitch speed to 100 on both. I was getting way to many hits and striking out way to many batters. Just adjusting this made a way way more realistic game for me. Makes the pitching really challenging if you use classic pitching.
ya i agree with the pitch meter it all depends on how good you get at pitching i was thinking that is the next thing i have to adjust

What kind of user power are you seeing? I got contact @ 30 and power @ 60 and have only hit maybe 4 home runs in 15-20 games...and only from top power hitters like Cabrera and Bautista. Also, pitching is way to dominant. I got CPU contact @75 and power @ 100 and I still pitch close, low run games with crappy pitchers. Give me an ace and I can guarantee a shutout...
seems about right like real baseball top pitchers most the time are on top of there game i like to play with a crap team and a good team so i can tell the diffrence . , and boy is it realistic when you play with a team like baltimore you get rocked to all hell with bad pitching . see alot of time people judge sliders and games by using the best of the best . try going to the bottom in talent and the middle and a good team . you can tell buy using teams like that . Crap the stats after 60 games with the Pirates and bluejays season im playing are so realistic in total stats for me right now .