MVP 2006

LastPickedForTeeBall

a company, they bought sega's sports games. They do not release PC sports games YET maybe they will and maybe we are SCREWED

aren't you the one who said there would be a MVP 2006?

just messing with ya man, i know it was wishful thinking. maybe we'll get something even better next year for Microsoft of maybe Sony will come over to the PC side. i doubt, but we can hope.

:D

Even though the anticipation of going this morning to pick up my

reserved copy of MVP is killing me..(like they would sell out?) it's

hard not to look into the future, I played HH04 all the way up to

this year, but sadly with the graphics and other small details, I

only ended up cheating myself but not buying MVP last year. So,

point being MVP05 I BELIVE WILL LAST US A FEW YEARS IF THATS

WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN!!! But remember microsoft bought 3D0 and

they may, just might make a comeback edition! To save us from

no more MVP...But we'll see, right now I'm just excited for MVP05!!

Take Two has the rights to release a PC game. From what i have read at gamespot...they will do a game for every consoles and PC. That's why they took the rights. Take Two was in charge of distributing ESPN baseball 2005 (Who got excellent reviews), after Visual Concept did the 2004+2005, and i think, were disolved into Take Two. They did some great games like GTA- San Andreas, Stronghold,Midnight Club 3. They are also in the gaming with Rockstars games.

I don't worry too much. The last Espn game had a franchise mod etc...They have the expertise on PC. I am just wondering if they are gonna restart from scratch, or reconduct the ESPN game of last year. All i desire is a real PC game with a real PC interface.

I ear their Kzone pitching is great

2. Microsoft has been quietly creating a PC game that integrates all the things we loved about HH.

That won't happen. The exclusive rights of Take Two doesn't allow Microsoft to publish on the PC, only on their XBox. The PC is not the "console" of Microsoft. Although philosophically, it could be argue otherwise...Not 100% sure of it of course, but it would have been mentionned.

maybe mvp can make a fictional game like ken greffy back in the day for snes. than we can just change the roster

Not real sure that would sell enough for EA to want to do it...Yea , the 4,200 guys on this site would buy it, but EA is the biggest game company, and I seriously doubt they would make something that doesn't cater to the mass market

one idea is IF they can do a game with past players:

(if not this idea is scraped)

albeit to lesser sales volume but to a select and growing following

would be to make a

'Classic / Legends' type game. it would not have the

impact with the younger crowd. but, with many more people

using pc's and the baby boomers that grew up watching the game there MIGHT be enough sales, as long as the cost is not too extensive, to make it worth while. they already have the design, engine, etc.

it could consist of all the 'Cooperstown' players. many

of the old ballbarks, uniforms, etc. various lengths of

schedules for season's to name just a few things.

then include a last name data base so user's can

create various rosters. (ex smith's, jackson's, etc)

the same create a player format as they already

have, use older music ditty's, etc.

**it could work. the question is how cost effective could

they make it**

also it would be a great tribute to the game and it's history

again the idea is scrapped if the liscense/agreement won't allow it

You sure about that? Mind posting a link.

First, i said i wasn't 100% sure...but i would think they would mentionned it regarding PC. The article about the exclusive contract mentionned consoles first party are allowed (Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo), not PC. And there is no first party publisher for PC since Microsoft doesn't makes the hardware, only the system in it.

As for a link, sorry but gamespot have a very crappy archives for their news. It doesn't work very often...You can read an article in Gameinformer of this month, but surely others will talk about it. But for now, no ones mentionned any first party devellopper for PC, because there never was one.

Archived