MVP 2006

LastPickedForTeeBall

I understood that the agreement still allows first party development...that would mean that Microsoft could make a game for XBox, Sony for Playstation2, Nintendo for GameCube...there just won't be any 3rd party games, which rules out anyone except Take Two making a game for PC....

Take Two has stated that they are planning a game for PC so we have that to look forward to...it's unfortunate that EA has to stop, the game has progressed nicely through it's 3 generations, with Take Two, it wouldn't be like starting over entirely, but pretty close to it.

I was thinking the other night, what if EA made MVP 2006 with entirely fictional players and teams, but also included a converter so we could convert our 2005 season saves into 2006? Would that violate the agreement in any way????

I'm not sure about exactly what Take Two purchased when they bought out Microsoft's sports gaming studio...it's possible that they got the rights to the HH engine, but I haven't seen any confimation of this...

They could still make it but would not have the use of any real names or teams or stadiums etc etc.

Take 2 is a large conglomerate who owns many smaller companies like Rockstar who makes the GTA series. GTA usually comes out on PC so I wouldnt rule out 2k6 or whatever they are going to call it being on PC. I seem to remember actually reading that they planned to do a PC version. I definately know they are dropping ESPN from the picture and will not renew with them as per an interview I read somewhere.

I dont know wheither it is good or bad , as I really hate EA anyway and especially their treatment of PC games overall. How much worse could take two be really. :mrgreen:

For the guy who asked who take two is, they bought the company that made the ESPN games, so look at those for an idea of what they will probably put out next season.

dubeau, your avatar is dark and disturbing

reminds me of how I looked some mornings when I was a cokehead

It's Scorpius from Farscape. My favorite vilain, or was he ? I know it's not baseball related, and i am surprised the moderator didn't ask me to take it off. But i don't think it will scared the kids out there...You are lucky, he is not smiling :D

Cmon guys... As much as I hate to see MVP baseball go.. we have to look on the bright side. The game doesn't look THAT bad...

I like this feature

mlb2k5_blt8_03.jpg

I think I like MLB 2006 over this tho.

Well, yeah, there are some bright spots, I guess...

By da way, will this site's name have to be changed next year?...what with no more MVP...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived