Patch V1.0 What Would You Like To See?

Strawberry18

I know it is a little early for a patch, but there are areas in the game that need to be addressed.

For me, are the following:

1.The base coaches need to interact more with runners. ie, approach them when on base or a hand shake or a slap on the *** as they round the bases on a homer.

2. The pitcher needs to look back when there's a runner on 2nd base.

3. What happened to the bat boy on 2k mode? I've seen him once in 50+ games played.

4. Fix the outfielder from sprinting to the infield on a home run that's hit hard and way over the fence.

5. I don't know how many years the damn runner has been running into the catcher when he scores without a play at home; fix that thing already.

1. Nose in the air baserunning. These are PROS, not tee-ballers... LOL

2. Pena1 fixed the bright-white pop-up landing zone crap in a mod, but 2K should fix that blinding white circle themselves.

3. Camera angle options/adjustments in My Player!!! (And fix the bug where the baserunning cam angle is off for the first pitch after causing the opposing team changes pitcher because you got on base.)

4. Plastic-looking fielding gloves... Why the Hell are they shiny like $5 plastic gloves for 5-year-old kids?

5. Pitches that catch the edge of the strikezone actually being called strikes instead of balls.

6. A replay function that doesn't always stutter constantly.

7. Being able to take an extended lead off-base BEFORE the pitcher goes into the motion to 'hold position' of the stretch animation.

8. The 'point-to-the-sky-to-thank-God' animation has got to go... Yeah, real players do it, but you'd think a corporation would at least attempt to remain religion-neutral.

Just eight things off the top of my head...

Can tell you right now, none of these things can nor will be fixed in a patch. This is what has historically never been fixed in a patch:

1) Art - uniforms, gloves, hats, stadiums, etc. No art modifications are ever changed or corrected through a patch, what you see is what you get

2) Animations - Nose in the air, point to the sky, etc. Animations will never be changed in a patch.

What can be changed in a patch however is code. Things like errors, injuries, hit frequencies, and so on. As well as other bugs like crashing or freezes. Raz's #7 is a good example of something they can tune. They can code a longer delay between when a pitcher holds and then throws.

Also Raz, #5 on your list isn't a glitch. It's called a variable strike zone. It differs depending on your umpire (a lot like the show) however there is no way to turn it off. I like it as it adds realism.

1- Have the infielders step on the bag instead of throwing to first for the final out if a force play is available. Too many times the middle infielder is one foot away from the bag and still throws to first.

2- The holding onto the ball then firing over to first to just get the runner . Throw it when the field it please. (auto fielding here)

3- More than once in a lifetime catcher catching a pop-up behind home plate. For that matter more foul balls being caught.

4-Base running AI is terrible and that's calling it good ! They run back to the base, I have seen so many plays where a line drive hit to the outfield where the OF throws the runner out at second base by a huge margin, like sixty feet.

5- This may be only my problem but I cannot change the base runner icon to the lad runner and when I hit a deep fly ball, I cannot tag up my man on third to score unless I get the runner on first or second to all attempts to advance, which one is thrown out. (Yes, I know it's the "A" button or green button), does not work.

6-Stats such as steals RBI's should not be thrown out just because they do not have enough at bats. Only the batting average is used for the amount of at bats in MLB. Also why can't a setup man be in the "Held" stat, I mean is this not what they are really used for anyways. Right now only the middle men and long relief pitchers get credit in the league leaders for this.

7-Wayy to many foul balls into the stands. This must be a reason for this that 2K did because I always seem to have players hitting the ball into the stands..like 10 times per at bat. Maybe this was 2K way of prolonging an at bat?.

8- My lineups for some reason change and i have to go back into manage my lineup and reset them.

9- Player of the week is not who is the best, heck I even had one picture only pitch one inning and he got it because he had a 0.00 era that inning. I really think the overall award winners is flawed and has been for years.

10- I have my infield speed set to 5, and still I have way too many great diving catches which in real life would never happen even if they were as fast as Bolt in the 100 meters.

=DS=. Yeah, I know some of those things won't/can't be fixed in 2K12, but 2K should still know about it for the sake of any future game. As such, I've mentioned those particular things on their own forums.

As for the 'realism' of the variable strike zone, I've found it quite unrealistic in some cases, particularly during instances where roughly a third-to-half of the ball is in the interior strike zone and the pitch is still called a ball. And I've seen some pitches outside the zone called strikes. As a pitcher in previous titles, we used to be able to nibble at the strike zone successfully. Now...not so much, if at all.

And I'd like to add one other thing -- pick-off attempts (that fail to get the runner out) during base-stealing drills should NOT count as an actual attempt to steal. I know if a player is picked-off it is officially scored as caught-stealing, and I'm OK with that. However, it doesn't officially count as a stolen base (or even an attempt) if you're safe, so you shouldn't be penalized one of your 15 steal attempts if you make it back the bag safely.

pickoff throws to 1B the pitchers never does it.

Yeah they do... Take a 3- or 4-step lead and see.

2K12 definitely isn't the pick-off fest 2K10 was, though. (Thankfully!)

Edit: Here's a link to 2K's 'Feedback Thread (for future Patch)' on its forum.

https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318918

I've only had the game about a week, so my running list of issues (17 currently, but I keep finding more) within that thread is buried on page 31. But, here's a direct link:

https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3642482&postcount=306

Edited by RazberyBandit

7-Wayy to many foul balls into the stands. This must be a reason for this that 2K did because I always seem to have players hitting the ball into the stands..like 10 times per at bat. Maybe this was 2K way of prolonging an at bat?.

8- My lineups for some reason change and i have to go back into manage my lineup and reset them.

I actually love the foul balls - its brilliant, and very nail biting when having a 13 hit at bat :D

As for 8, it might be due to living rosters?

Niharjhatn, I had a 10+ foul-ball at-bat (everyone lost count) in little league, which I managed to eventually turn into a game-winning hit. It was the highlight of my otherwise forgettable batting in baseball... Though honestly, if I didn't lead the league in HBP every year since I was 7-years old, I might have become a better hitter. And I don't mean lead the league by one or two HBPs. I lead by a LOT! It was as if I was wearing a bulls-eye. I had several 20-game seasons with 15+ HBPs... That's almost one-per-game! My batting AVG was for ****, but my OBP was always ~.700 LOL. One HBP put me in the hospital when I was 13 -- I apparently tried to catch a fastball with my face. I still have physical scars from it, and it scarred me mentally enough that I didn't play anymore at all beyond age 14.

As for the patch... One thing I forgot to mention previously was the ability to change cameras in My Player, especially for pitching. I truly hate the Pitching 1 camera, and very much prefer Pitching 2 or 3 over it. Sometimes the Broadcast camera of a stadium is actually better.