BSU-FAN'S NoFakeNames Roster

BSU-FAN

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: BSU-FAN'S NoFakeNames Roster

File Submitter: BSU-FAN

File Submitted: 15 Apr 2012

File Category: Rosters

BSU-FAN'S NoFakeNames5 ULTIMATE ROSTER

Special thanks to DonkeyJote for his help with hundreds of batting stances!

Also a big thanks to Kccitystar; his color file was used in this update.

Also want to thank Wudl83, DetroitStyle, ScottyBilly, dennisjames71, DonsPa, twnlove, and all of the other unmentioned modders who's hard works are helping make this game significantly better.

NoFakeNames5.ros includes the following:

• A massive overhaul to the EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! ALL players currently in MLB, AAA, AA, and, A are now 100% REAL!!!!! With realistic player ratings and tendencies to go with it. The only fake players left on this roster are in Free Agency(about 25 of them) and they are rated so low you will clearly be able to set them apart from the real players.
  • ALL Player ratings and tendencies match the most recent 2K rosters
  • ALL MLB transactions/extensions current as of 8/23/2012
  • Fixed the Drew Smyly and Yu Darvish "red" pitch problem.
  • Accurate MLB batting orders/pitching rotations as of 8/23/2012
  • This roster is compatable with the most current Raidersbball's Mega Portrait Pack's or NoFakeNames packs. If you use the "Mega Portrait Pack" you will find missing portraits.
  • Includes all of BA's Americas Top 100 Prospects and each teams Top 20 Prospects!
  • 100% REAL AAA , AA, and A players with accurate ratings and cyberfaces.
  • These rosters are meant to be used with all cyberfaces created and released on MVPmods.com Not all are faces released are in the game but to make sure you arent missing a face I would suggest downloading ALL of them so that way you know you are safe. You wont need to change any cyberface numbers on any faces released prior to 8/20/2012
  • Hundreds of "generic" cyberfaces have been edited to closer match the player in real life.
  • Added in tons of "hidden" cyberfaces to the correct players.
  • Corrected batting stances for countless players. Big thanks to DonkeyJote again!
  • Full ratings adjustment (MLB and AAA) accurate as of 8/20/12
  • Updated gear on many players and a few complete teams to this point.
  • Over 800 hours of editing total into this project. Enjoy!

Any injured MLB players can be found in AAA unless the player is out for the season in which case those players can be found in single A. Same works for an injured AAA or AA player...they will be found one level below as well. With the 40 man rosters right around the corner I didn't spend as much time in this release moving around minor league players.

*To install extract to one of the following locations:

For WinXP users: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K12\Saves

For Vista and Windows 7 users: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K12\Saves

Due to the enormous amount of work that has gone into this project I am placing a donation button below for those of you that appreciate my hard work and want to help counter some of the pains of doing a project like this with a small donation. It is definitely not expected and these rosters will always be 100% Free to download. I do ask however that you do not release any version of this roster without prior permission from me. I have a large amount of time and energy invested into this project and would like to see it keep this level of accuracy and legitimacy. Thanks again to all of you with your encouraging words in the forum over the past months. It has been a wild and crazy year of editing and I am happy to take a break for a while and actually play the game some. Thanks again everyone and I hope you guys enjoy. PLAY BALL!

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

If you enjoy my work and would like to leave a small donationtion click the "Donate" button above.

Click here to download this file

Edited by BSU-FAN

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which cyber faces? There are a few cyber face modders here. Could someone put a face pack together?

I used all that were available to download on here as of yesterday. Not a big fan of all the modded faces but I believe ScottyBilly will probably be updating some of the ones that need to be re-blended and such. I also have found one skin tone issue thus far since playing my franchise that I will fix for the next update. For those of you that want to fix it yourself you can use Ty's editor and change Ronny Cedeno's skin tone to an 11. If you find anymore please post them here and I will add them into future updates.

BSU, I replied in the reviews of the mod when I really should have come here to talk about the stuff I mentioned there... In fact, gonna edit my reply there and copy/paste it here.

Overall, I think this is excellent work, and I know it was time-consuming.

Unfortunately, I have noticed errors in the minor-league teams of the Phillies--a franchise with which I happen to be rather familiar. I believe the errors likely exist due to the movement of injured/DL MLB players (which you healed...?) to Triple-A rosters. Because you healed such players, there's no 'extra' room on the bench for players who technically belong on the Triple-A roster. Would this have been an issue had you not healed these players?

Moving on, Andres Blanco should be a SS for the Iron Pigs (Phils Triple-A). He's splitting time at SS with Kevin Frandsen (whom you have on the Double-A team), while Frandsen and Thurston split time at 2B. 2K fixed that in their 4/13 roster and made Blanco a SS, but you still have him as a 2B. (That's what 2K had until 4/13.) [Edit: And now that the Phillies have signed Fontenot, who the Hell knows where these guys will all end up? All this confusion because of Chase Utley...]

In addition to Frandsen, Gosewich needs to be moved up to the Triple-A roster w/ Kratz and Suomi. Why the team's carrying 3 catchers is beyond me, but it is. [Edit: And Chin-lung Hu isn't shown on any current Phillies' roster at any level... As best I know, the Indians had him last and released him during Spring Training. Feierabend was released by the Phils as well, but he's still on your roster.]

I realize you had to make room at Triple-A level for "injured/DL" MLB players there, but in doing so, that made the minor-league rosters rather inaccurate overall. Did healing those players throw a wrench in the works?

I apologize if I'm being hyper-critical here. It's not my intention. I'm simply citing inaccuracies I've found, which I'm hopeful you can explain or correct.

Thanks.

Edited by RazberyBandit

I appreciate the feed back but I wouldn't say these were errors by any means. Due to the fact that a lot of players are still being designated for assignment and are being called up and down on a daily basis right now. I didn't see it as logical to even attempt right now to pin everyone down for that exact day. AA and AAA teams have only been playing games less then a week...so many of those teams 25 man rosters are still far from complete. Meaning as other original 40 man roster guys like Tyson Gillies get assigned some AAA players will be moving down to AA and vise versa. For this first update I was just trying to create as many AAA and AA players I could for each team as players were originally being assigned. If you look at the AAA rosters in a week almost half of those players will have been re assigned due to injuries and other agreements. As far as Andres Blanco is concerned if you look at his rating at SS he is rated a 90. Meaning he can play there just fine. Many players are listed in the minors at one specific position but in actuality platoon and try many different spots. If you do notice a player that plays another position frequently and his rating at that position is not good then that would be room to raise concern. I do appreciate your feedback though. Also I looked into Chin-lung Hu and saw here that he was traded to Philadelphia but the trade was reversed 6 days ago...so good eye on that one=)

Edited by BSU-FAN

Thanks for the reply BSU. I want to make it clear I understand the complexities involved in 'nailing down' minor league rosters. Plenty of guys indeed do get moved up-and-down as the season progresses, and they are often platooned positionally. I disagree with what you said about minor-leagues starting later, though.

The Triple-A and Double-A seasons start alongside the MLB, with most teams having begun play on April 5th. Many AAA and AA teams have 10-games played already, which is actually more than a few MLB clubs. As for Blanco specifically, if the Iron Pigs are only playing him at SS, which you can see they are by reviewing box scores here, then he should be an SS, and perhaps have his abilities adjusted to 100 SS, 90-95 2B. (Apparently 2K agreed w/ me and moved him to SS in the 4/13 roster update after I cited the error on their forum a few days prior to that roster's release. Could be coincidence, though.)

While following an entire league's progress to catch every player move would be a monumental task, following 3 leagues would be nigh impossible, so I certainly don't expect anyone to do so. Hopefully, we (the other forum members) can simply assist you in making changes to your roster as best we can right here so it's as accurate and up-to-date as possible. And that's really what I'm trying to do here.

[Edit] One last bit about some of the Phils players on your roster... Fontenot and Clevlen haven't been assigned anywhere since being acquired, so I don't really know where you should actually stick them within the minor-league system.

Edited by RazberyBandit

I definitely welcome the feedback and will change Blanco to SS in my next update. Also when AA and AAA teams settle down more later this season I will be spend much more time on their line-ups and rotations like I did with my final versions of last years rosters. By my final release I had each teams correct starting lineups on the correct teams with some bench players over flowing into AA and A. However at the same time last year I had only edited the "fake names" and put in the Top 100 prospects in my first release so to be this far this early is a much better sign. The injured player problem is a pesky one and I have tried many different routes at tackling the issue. I tried placing all injured players in single A and thus clearing room for the other rosters to be 100% accurate. The big problem with that was that the games AI doesn't really move those players up to the pro's very often unless you manually place them back in at some point through out the season. The other problem is if you try to edit the injuries yourself using Ty's editor it can cause crashes in the transactions menu throughout a franchise not to mention skintone problems on the very dark players. I myself am very happy starting a franchise with these rosters and taking control of my farm system as I see fit. The AI will shuffle everything around as soon as you play a few games anyways so accurate minors are very short lived for those of us who play a season or franchise. Thanks again for the feedback. I felt like I could have kept editing for weeks and still found more things to adjust but I probably would have gone insane. I'm very happy with were these are for now but will do another update further down the road. I actually got to play my first full game since owning it and I loved it! I lost 4-3 in extras..but loved it!

Wow BSU-Fan... I'm sorry to hear you hadn't played at all yet. I'm glad you finally did, and even happier you enjoyed it.

I suppose you can find some relief in the fact the Phillies' farm system is the only one with which I'm familiar. I'm a Philadelphia-born transplant living near Charlotte now. And although they're the local team, I'm not a Charlotte Knights fan at all. But, I will be attending at least one Iron Pigs @ Knights game in May. Front-row seats near the visitor dugout on the 3B side, so I can't wait to heckle Domonic Brown about Laynce Nix taking his spot on the MLB roster... It could be a long night for him if he's in Left Field that day. LOL

Thanks for discussing things with me here. I can't begin to imagine the amount of work that went into this, so I want you to know it is greatly appreciated.

Just a heads up...I uploaded a new version of the same roster with a few minor fixes. I changed a few portrait ID's to make RaidersBBall's most recent portrait pack completely compatible now giving portraits to Justin Maxwell, Victor Marte, and Drew Smyly. I also added in a better cyberface for Victor Marte and found a duplicate of Addison Reed that I removed.In addition I changed Andres Blanco's primary position to SS. Let me know if anyone finds anything else.

BSU i appreciate the hard work u have put into this.I know just how much time it takes to put rosters together.IF no one has ever taken the task to do this themselves they do not fully understand just how hard it is to keep up.Most dont understand that everyday there are roster moves, 1 move alone can change the whole process.I did one a couple years ago and had quite a few complaints from people and so i will never do one again because ive seen people who want total perfection and this is the hardest area of the game to get perfection especially with just 1 or 2 people working on this project.Unless a person is familiar with every player that plays all the way from the majors down to single A there will be some mistakes.Ur rosters have always been as close to the real deal as i have seen Thanx again for the hard work that u put into this roster

Well said, DonSPa. I offer a sincere apology to BSU and everyone if my feedback comments came across as anything other than constructive criticism. It was not my intention to be overly critical, and I certainly never intended any portion of anything I said to be insulting. I found a few minor mistakes, and felt BSU-Fan should be made aware of them.

If I may pose a Cyberface-related question...

In going through the updated version's Phillies rosters, I discovered many MLB players with the "Generic Bald-headed Guy" look. Do I need to download and install Cyberfaces for each one to correct this? Mayberry, Nix, Galvis, Worley, Kendrick, Bastardo, Stutes, Herndon, & Savery were all this way, and other than Kendrick, I don't believe any other players have downloadable Cyberface on this site. I'm uncertain how to remedy this situation.

Awesome job man.

Just a couple of things I noticed:

- Andy Pettitte has a generic portrait and cyberface and I believe there is a real one available in the game files

- Great job with the uniform colors but the NYY hats still look too light. (Though I'm not sure if that's a thing you can do anything about with a roster file and there are files available that correct this)

- I downloaded one roster update which had correct career stats for Manny Ramirez and some others. Is there a way you can link the player with its real stats? It's a minor thing, but I just thought it would be interesting.

- Retired players like Posada, Glaus, Varitek and Wakefield are still present and have decent ratings. It's a growing trend for players to unretire, but Glaus for example hasn't played in like two years. I think it would be more realistic either to delete them or give them crappy ratings so that no team would sign them during the season. Watching Varitek and Wakefield or Posada play for anyone else but the Sox and Yankees sure would suck.

And finally a question, are the players who are injured for the whole lenght of the season be 'healed' in your following updates?

Once again, great job, thank you for all the work.

understandable razebery but there are some out there that really dont understand just whats involved and just how time consuming a major roster update is.My hat goes off to BSU for doing this a 2nd year in a row.The hard part is determine who the fake names are and getting the right person.And then making sure that each team has the 25 man roster.U get one person on the Dl or released and that totally screws with the persons mind whos doing the rosters lololol.This is a bad time for getting minor league rosters right as most are just now finally updating thier roster pages.Some of the minor roster pages even still have the note that these may not reflect the correct rosters yet

ScottyBilly has released minipacks for different teams and the Phillies were one of them. I believe most of the ones you listed were in that pack. Some may have been individually released though. I would suggest to anyone using these rosters to take the time to download all the cyberfaces released to date and then you will have eliminated nearly all of the generic cyberfaces from the 25 man rosters. You wont have to change any face #'s in the editor since it has already been done by me. Just extract the cyberfaces directly into your main 2k12 folder and that's it. I personally plan on going through each team before I start a series against them and replace any of the really glitchy cyberfaces that are in need of more work,. It makes the task far less consuming and easier to tackle. Nothing against ScottyBilly's work but he just doesn't seem to spend nearly as much time on each face as someone like DetroitStyle does. In turn though...he has pumped out hundreds of cyberfaces in about a month and a majority of them are an improvement on the generic one it replaced. All of Detroit styles faces are top notch and look very good in the game so I always use his faces. Some of ScottyBilly's have issues with things like nostril placements, skin tone colors, and the way the facial hair looks. But he has been fixing some as he goes so I'm guessing once he gets a bunch done you may see more of those updated.(Just a hopeful guess) Also just an FYI...some faces look better in game vs looking at them in the editing window so you may want to test them out before deciding. Thanks Donspa I appreciate the understanding. It takes a different breed of person to try to do a complete roster edit like this. But I'm also not easily offended by criticism and to be honest I did these kinds of roster updates long before websites allowed me to share them online. I remember creating Class A short season leagues in Front Page sports baseball as a kid just for my own use..lol

Edited by BSU-FAN

I realize that my cyberfaces arent that good. I admit I was ina hurry to finish in time for you to post your huge roster, and considering I had only a 30 day free trial for Photoshop. No way Im gonna pay a fortune to buy it or spend 75-100 bucks a month for it. I have made strides I think in that amount of time but yes it is all something to be improved upon. Since my cyberfaces dont seem to be that popular with people here, I think I should leave it to more talented modders. lol thanks again for all your hard work on making this roster file. :good:

scotty im not sure how good paint.net would be for faces but that could be an option since its a free program.

Plus it would give u an option to take ur time and learn.Ive been doing unis since 2k9 and i can still use improvement as each year i pick up lil things.Dont let photoshop being ur only option to display ur talents.I tried

faces last year as an expierment and when i was done i knew thats all the further i was gonna go with that lolol

I honestly appreciate the amazing amount of work you have done ScottyBilly even if some faces aren't perfect. Like I said before a majority of them are still an improvement upon the generic face that was there. Also...you might want to look into Gimp...it's a free program with all of the bells and whistles that Photoshop has. Just an idea if you are wanting to continue to edit.

BSU, may I ask have you ran into the minor league to major league bug where you would call up a A/AA/AAA player to majors and he would have generic face? also the roster is amazing great job :D

Not yet...not sure what would cause that. I'll try to pay attention while playing my franchise and see if I see it happen. Is it happening in franchise mode and are you seeing it with all rosters or one specific roster?