Adding Baseball Cards

okcochise

Greetings,

I noticed that when I loaded the 1964 Total Classic, the players photos (topps cards) were loaded when the player came to bat. I'm not really asking how this is done or whether it can be edited; what I would like to say is that I have created baseball cards for every player available from 1957-1972. I continue to update this project as photos become available. Most are color but some are black and white. For many players, there are multiple card choices so that the user can select the card that they like best.

If these cards can be utilized, let me know. I would be more than happy to provide a link for downloading them. They are uploaded in zip files per season with each season containing team folders. Actual topps cards as well as actual topps card templates to create cards exist for seasons 1961-1968. Seasons 1957-1960 have the same template that was created very similar to topps 1963 design. Seasons 1969-1972 also has the a template that is similar to the 1961 topps season.

Please let me know if using these cards is possible.

Thank you,

Jeff

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, that's pretty good.

Now what you are talking about is the player portrait that you are looking at when the player is coming up to bat. This can be edited by using MvpEdit but as to how to do this properly I would have to refer you to one of the experts on here.

The most knowledgeable person you can talk to about this is Jim825. I suggest you send him a private message to explain what you want to do and then you can take it from there.

Thank you sir. I will do that. I spent a great deal of time last night with the game and with this site trying to find answers to what I would think are frequently asked questions. When playing a game from 1961, the braves jersey did not come up. It said it needed to be unlucked and that I needed to visit this website. I found nothing about it though. I had downloaded all the old jerseys and old ballparks for the old total classic seasons and yet I see no way to incorporate them into the game. Well the jersyes anyway. Oh well, I hate to ask what must be noted here someplace,

okcochise,

I would be very interested in having the link to your collection. I have a very similar one but likely not as good a quality as yours and it is only from 1960-69.

In fact, I am in the final stages of a TC62 mod which uses solely Topps 1962 baseball cards for the players photos plus the over all theme for the entire mod is focused around the Topps 1962 baseball card set.

Thanks,

Don

okocise,

You need to have one of the profiles placed in your game that unlocks all the locked retro uniforms for them to be able to be used. Most of the Total Classic mods incorporate one within them and all you would need to do is copy it to your my documents MVP 2005 Baseball folder for your particular game. The most frequently used one, I think, is the RGlass one.

okocise,

You need to have one of the profiles placed in your game that unlocks all the locked retro uniforms for them to be able to be used. Most of the Total Classic mods incorporate one within them and all you would need to do is copy it to your my documents MVP 2005 Baseball folder for your particular game. The most frequently used one, I think, is the RGlass one.

You don't even need to do that stecropper. All you have to do is create a player and name it Katie Roy and then save it. You will then have all the old stadiums and players unlocked.

Yep that is likely the easiest way to get it done. Thanks Yankee4life. But if he wants a profile here is the link to one here at mvpmods ..............

http://www.mvpmods.c...s&showfile=1208

Thanks Again,

Don

Well that's true Don but then you would have to use that profile and not your own. If you just created that Katie Roy player you would still be able to use yours. Either way it does get the job done.

Thanks Gents! I appreciate the info. Don and anyone else interested, here are the cards. For my project, the goal has been to try and find photos that show the player from the belt up. Part of my love for the nostalgic game of baseball are the uniforms so I have no desire to use photos that just show the player's head. I also love the old ballparks and I initially came to this site in an effort to grab backdrops of the old stadiums where there is little or no actual photos available. I am referring to a view from behind home plate that shows both foul lines and above the bleachers that show the skyline. But I havent been able to figure out how to do that. Anyway, here is the link to the cards. I will be uploading a new update very soon as I currently have 163 already ready. As I stated previously, the zip files are by season and within each is a folder for each team. For players with multiple cards, you have a choice as to which one you prefer to use. If a player played on multiple teams, you will find cards for each team. Most cards are in color, some are in black and white and some of those have been colorized.

Enjoy,

Jeff

http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/okcochise

Incidentally, in creating a player named Katie Roy, she isnt going to end up in a game will she? LOL Putting Glass in the My Doc folder did the trick. I appreciate all the help guys.

I am sure I am in the minority here but I would prefer to play this game in Manager mode only I would like to view the games. I do not really like the hand/eye coordination and would prefer to have the computer play the game. I like doing the strategy, hit/run, steal, pinch hit and replace pitchers etc, but not really into pitching or batting. I already have the fielding on automatic. I dont suppose there is some secret about having the pitching and batting automatic too, huh? I guess that would defeat the purpose of a graphics game.

Edited by okcochise

okcochise,

Your likes are very much in line with mine regarding both the player portraits as well as the game play. I don't even own a joystick and play strictly CPU vs CPU games. I have messed with Manager mode only so slightly as I enjoy the management decision aspects of the games too. But with the massive & marvelous graphics updates done to this game by so many modders via stadiums, uniforms, cyberfaces, bats, gloves, audio etc etc I felt Manager mode wasn't my thing due to missing out on all that beauty of the games graphics.

Thus I just play it as if I were watching it on TV and take an occassional Manager type action such as pinch hit, pinch run, pitcher change, etc. but basically just let it unfold on it's own.

By the way ---- I have visited your link above to Game Front and can see the individual season downloads listed but IE crashes with each one I try to download ...... I have tried it on an XP, Vista & Windows 7 machine but all 3 crash when initiating any of the seasons download buttons. Any ideas why ?

Don

That is odd. I think I read somewhere from another guy that IE error for him too. Do you have firefox? For some reason, microsoft does not like that site. If you use firefox, that will do it.

So from you are saying, there is a way to just watch MVP 2005 (each pitch etc) and not be forced to select pitches and swing bat? That is what I want. I just want to enjoy watching/listening to it. How do I do that?

Thanks again. Please let me know if you were able to get the cards. There are 1279 cards for 1962 season.

Yep, Just start the game like you are going to control either one or both of the teams and then before the first pitch of the game go to the menu and set each Team as Computer controlled. Then both teams are then on automatic and you really don't have to touch it again ---- just sit back and enjoy watching it unfold. I have watched well over 3000 of those games and trust me --- each one is different and I still see new things happen almost every game !

Incidentally, in creating a player named Katie Roy, she isnt going to end up in a game will she? LOL Putting Glass in the My Doc folder did the trick. I appreciate all the help guys.

No, this does not mean that you will have a female player in the game. Katie Roy is just the code that unlocks everything for you. She happens to be one of the developer's daughters and they used that name for this. This is a lot better in my opinion because you would be using your profile instead of the one RGlass made for himself.

Excellent, thank you. I was amazed with the very first inning of the first game I played. Nellie Fox dived to his right to knock down a drive up the middle. I saw when he got up for a split second that his shirt was all dirty. He lead off the bottom half of the inning and the dirt was still there. That was very impressive and from there I decided to download a lot of the great mods that folks here have contributed. I only hope my cards are put to good use so I can contribute some.

Yep, Just start the game like you are going to control either one or both of the teams and then before the first pitch of the game go to the menu and set each Team as Computer controlled. Then both teams are then on automatic and you really don't have to touch it again ---- just sit back and enjoy watching it unfold. I have watched well over 3000 of those games and trust me --- each one is different and I still see new things happen almost every game !

I will probably do that then. I just go in and create a player, right? Sounds good. Thanks again :)

No, this does not mean that you will have a female player in the game. Katie Roy is just the code that unlocks everything for you. She happens to be one of the developer's daughters and they used that name for this. This is a lot better in my opinion because you would be using your profile instead of the one RGlass made for himself.

Has anyone done a serious replay ( I mean with one of the classic seasons) and examined the stats? From my limited game time, it plays realistically but I have not checked stats over a full season. I would imagine it to be fairly accurate given all the time and effort by guys such as yourselves have put into the game.

okcochise,

Yes, I have replayed every fulll season 1960s mods (61,64,67,69) multiple times and the results are exceptionally close to real life -- by Team & by Player. I have almost completed full seasons for 1946,51,56,74,75 & 78 as well and those too seem to be exceptionally close to real life. So, the basic answer to your question is most certainly you will get realistic results (although, a lot depends on your datafile, sliders & game level you use as well).

I have finished downloading each of your Baseball Card files from game front and they are amazingly well done. Thanks so much for these - they are Great !

Would you allow me to use some of your 1962's in my upcoming TC62 mod? I have actually completed the Portraits for the TC62 Mod but some of your Baseball Cards will enhance it a good deal.

Thanks Again,

Don

Don, you can use them all if you want to. If there is a way for me to replace those in the 60s classic seasons, please tell me how. If it is a matter of dropping them into a folder, I just need to know which folder and what the naming scheme is. It would be a million to one shot if my current naming process worked. The cards are named to play with actionpc baseball.

okcochise,

Yes, I have replayed every fulll season 1960s mods (61,64,67,69) multiple times and the results are exceptionally close to real life -- by Team & by Player. I have almost completed full seasons for 1946,51,56,74,75 & 78 as well and those too seem to be exceptionally close to real life. So, the basic answer to your question is most certainly you will get realistic results (although, a lot depends on your datafile, sliders & game level you use as well).

I have finished downloading each of your Baseball Card files from game front and they are amazingly well done. Thanks so much for these - they are Great !

Would you allow me to use some of your 1962's in my upcoming TC62 mod? I have actually completed the Portraits for the TC62 Mod but some of your Baseball Cards will enhance it a good deal.

Thanks Again,

Don

It's a bit more to it than dropping them into a folder like some games allow you too if the naming conventions are in synch.

But it is not that difficult to do and there is a tutorial in here (I think) on how to do portraits are if not a tutorial then a thread or two on the subject.

Each has to be done independently, from what I know, but the process (and there are several ways to do it with different tools being used) is fairly straight forward and easy. I create the 128X128 BMP image in Photoshop (or something like that) and then just use MVPEdit (by Robert Glass) to import them into the portraits.big file found in the data/frontend folder of the game.

Don

From what you say, it must be quite a task indeed. I look forward to 1962. I really liked that season. :)

It's a bit more to it than dropping them into a folder like some games allow you too if the naming conventions are in synch. But it is not that difficult to do and there is a tutorial in here (I think) on how to do portraits are if not a tutorial then a thread or two on the subject. Each has to be done independently, from what I know, but the process (and there are several ways to do it with different tools being used) is fairly straight forward and easy. I create the 128X128 BMP image in Photoshop (or something like that) and then just use MVPEdit (by Robert Glass) to import them into the portraits.big file found in the data/frontend folder of the game. Don

I have another question. I noticed in the 1961 Classic that LA-Wrigley Field was not authentic. I had thought that if you unlocked the profile that the uniforms and parks would be there. Anyway, I found that someone had posted LA-Wrigley so I added it. It is a great reproduction of the famous Home Run Derby Park from the late 50s. My question is whether or not other add-on parks need to be added to the classic offerings. In other words, is there a list somewhere that lists what is and what is not authentic in terms of uniforms and ballparks?

Thank you,

Jeff

I have another question. I noticed in the 1961 Classic that LA-Wrigley Field was not authentic. I had thought that if you unlocked the profile that the uniforms and parks would be there. Anyway, I found that someone had posted LA-Wrigley so I added it. It is a great reproduction of the famous Home Run Derby Park from the late 50s. My question is whether or not other add-on parks need to be added to the classic offerings. In other words, is there a list somewhere that lists what is and what is not authentic in terms of uniforms and ballparks?

Thank you,

Jeff

I'm trying to follow what you are saying here. What do you mean by the LA Wrigley Field not being authentic? This park was not made originally by EAsports but by one of the modders here. For example, EAsports made the original Dodger Stadium for this game but Dodger Stadium has been modded in here by a few people and modded for different years in season play.

The only time you need to update a ballpark in a mod is if you see one of the modders releasing a new version of a park. You would have to check the stadium downloads but most of the time the mods are up to date.

No, there is nothing that lists what is and what is not authentic in uniforms and ballparks. Once you play enough Total Classics seasons you know which is which.