BaseUp! Rosters Phase 4 (MLB Focused)

Gordo

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: BaseUp! Rosters Phase 4 (MLB Focused)

File Submitter: daflyboys

File Submitted: 04 Jul 2012

File Category: Rosters

Version: 1.5B

NOTE:  Phase 5 will be July 31 Trade Deadline Rosters

****INSTALLATION: 

Place all 19 .dat files from the zip file into your MVP baseball subfolder

** works best with MVP08 TC and MVP12 TC **

>>Roster stability verified (simulated through the World Series successfully)

>>Exhibition games pitting 15 unique matchups started without crashing

>>All pertinent transactions made

>>Pitcher adjustments made for those called up and sent down; dozens of batter adjustments made for contact / power / speed / fielding

>>Some player creation done; photo/audio ID # changes made to needed MLB players

>>Depth charts arranged via MLBDepthCharts.com (batting orders set only for respective leagues) as best as possible; though updating will be needed by preference

>>Doubles should not appear in the FA list

>>Batting mini-game should not crash

>>Season-ending player injuries; injury list included

>>Cyberface numbers UPDATED in this version; change to your liking and as needed using MVPedit

>>Minor league team name changes NOT included

>>MBE file included for your customizing

Click here to download this file

• 3 weeks later...

Using 4.5B (non reliever) I got a crash in season mode about 15 games in. Well, not a crash but it froze.

Also, I'm way way way late to the party with MVP but ages are out of whack. Is this something that can be fixed in MVPEdit or is it a specific limitation of the game. I just "lol's" at Porcello being 16.

Edit: I should probably mention this was done in the 12 TC mod and I was using the Tigers. When starting the season mode I selected "yes" to the use default rosters option. Not sure if that matters or not...

You gotta be a little more specific. Froze while simming? Not sure what "non-reliever" is. You probably want to stay away from schedule updater for now if you're having freezes already. No reason to introduce another variable. As far as ages, I suppose you could do a global edit and make everyone's birthday 7-8 years earlier....dunno. Doesn't really come into view for me.

I'm getting the freezes when going into "schedule" in season mode and then sim-to-date to the end of the year. The sim runs for about 16 games and then I get a total freeze. I need to kill MVP with the task manager. It happened when I first tried it without the schedule updater and it did the same thing at the same time when I did use the updater.

This happens with the normal 4.5B not the 4.5B INC RP STAM (this is what I meant non reliever)

I saw that 4.0 has an MBE roster file. Should I be loading that roster file after copying over the 4.5 contents? Maybe that's why I'm freezing since I'm not using any MBE file...

Let me try to reproduce the error. I assume you're using the 2012 schedule. The .mbe has nothing to do with the game. It's the spreadsheet read by MVPedit (Access based).

Yea, I just learned that about the mbe. Last night I did a totally vanilla install of MVP and MVP 12. I simmed through several seasons with the included roster with no issues. When I upgrade to yours I get the freeze. Maybe I'll try version 2 or 3 and see if it's just 4 causing the freeze. Also it froze with ad without updating the schedule.

Sorry to be a pain lol.

Edit: Tested BaseUp v3 1.2 and it froze after 19 games.

The reason there is a freeze or a crash while simming at about 16-20 games into your season is because that is when the minor league season starts. It simmed ok with a clean unstall of MVP 12 because of the full focus on the minor leagues. The Phase # rosters are major league focused, so little attention has been given to minor leagues requirements for minimum functionality. Each minor league team has to have at least 20 players, with a full 5-man rotation, a closer and all starting line-ups positions filled. When your simmed season reaches the opening of the minor league season and a game where a team does not have the required roster requirements, it will freeze or crash. Check out your minors with MVPedit, fill all the required slots, then export the .mbe to MVP Baseball 2005datadatabase, if you want this roster as your default roster.

Start a new season and your sim should be fine. If you freeze or crash somewhere down the road, its probably the same reason, but caused by injuries and suspensions. This is the reason Total Classics modders advise you to turn off injuries and suspensions. Their rosters also also do not focus on the minor leagues, but that doesn't stop the dynasty game engine from attempting to play a minor leagues schedule along with the MLB schedule. I found that to be a common problem with rosters that are MLB-focused, and I have been playing this game since it was brand new. It is best to play MLB-focused rosters with injuries and suspensions turned off, once you get the minors fixed. I hoped this helped.

Did this work? I could take the absence of any further inquiry as a sign that everything is ok and now you are too busy with your dynasty to acknowledge if my suggestions helped you. But it would help others with the same problem in the future to know that this worked as a solution; or if it didn't help, it would keep me from giving advice that works only with my specifics. Sorry for the bump. I really appreciate what this modding community has done through the years, keeping this great game alive for so long. All I can offer is my experience with the game to help with problem-solving, so it would be nice to know if I made a positive contribution. That's all.

Did this work? I could take the absence of any further inquiry as a sign that everything is ok and now you are too busy with your dynasty to acknowledge if my suggestions helped you. But it would help others with the same problem in the future to know that this worked as a solution; or if it didn't help, it would keep me from giving advice that works only with my specifics. Sorry for the bump. I really appreciate what this modding community has done through the years, keeping this great game alive for so long. All I can offer is my experience with the game to help with problem-solving, so it would be nice to know if I made a positive contribution. That's all.

The whole minor league thing may be the culprit here. First of all, I checked all minor league teams using MVP edit and they all had full rotations, closer, full lineups and at least 20 players.

Now, when I set injuries/suspensions to MLB only, I get about 30 games into the MLB season before it freezes. So I restarted with injuries set to OFF and I got about 50 games into the season before it freezes.

Is it possible that even with injuries/suspensions "off" the CPU will still draw players from the minor league system? It's possible that 50 games in the CPU signed a player from the free agents list and placed them in the MLB roster. So it's possible the cpu rearranged their minor league rosters leaving one A or AA team with 19 players...thus the freeze. I haven't tested this out with 25/25 players for EVERY minor league team.

Edit: Ok, I finally got it to sim a full season. I had to turn EVERYTHING off though. Trades, Suspensions, Injuries, Budget, Variable "stuff", Suspensions, etc.

The only problem is that it's not a lot of fun to do that. If it is the minor leagues causing the error whether through trading, signing free agents, or injuries, causing teams be under the roster limit then maybe setting all minor league teams to a solid 25/25 players would fix it.

I agree. It is not a lot of fun if your rosters have to stay the same throughout the season. I tried it with TC 1969, and it was so boring, I couldn't get to the All-Star break. The problem, Detroit, is that MVP 2005 will not run a dynasty or owner season without the minor leagues involved. That's just the way it is. I play with just trades off and I have to constantly check the MLB rosters for integrity. The slightest sneeze from the big-league teams sends a organization-wide ripple effect that seems to make it necessary to have a full-functioning minor-league. It's just the way dynasty-play was hard-coded into the game. But I, too, believe the remedy to the problem with this roster set is in the setting up of the minor leagues. Or else you will be stuck just playing exhibition games with it. And that's no fun either.

edit: I forgot to add that a well-populated free agent pool is also good to have to fill in holes.

Edited by oldtimey

• 3 months later...