2K Sports Servers Down?

tomk30816

Can't get into game this morning. Everything else is ok on the web> Is there a way to play game without accessing their servers? If not, what a rip-off.

Yeah, it seems they are down again. Happened like this about a week ago and they resolved it pretty quickly (same day).

I just don't get the concept at all that we need their computers to be operating properly just to play the game. That would make total sense if I wanted to play against a remote online opponent, but I'm just interested in playing a game in Franchise Mode.

What kind of design is that from a fundamental perspective? In 2 years, 5 years, even 10 years from now, if I want to play this game alone on my own PC, I'll need some company's servers to be up and running properly? What if they go out of business? There's no way some organization is going to maintain operational servers into perpetuity even beyond their own existence as a commercial entity.

If the online elements didn't work, and the MLB Today mode wasn't functional, that would be fine, but to make Franchise mode, My Player and Post-Season mode unavailable to paying customers because a connection is unavailable to some server in cyberspace is pretty ridiculous, absurd and stupid.

Why should you even need to be connected to the Internet at all just to play this game in stand-alone modes? Makes no sense. Why can't I play a couple of games on my laptop during my flight from the east coast to San Francisco? Not cool. Very not cool.

Well there are two ways to play.

Either roll your computer clock back to sometime in the summer when they were playing games. OR

If your connected to the internet Turn "living rosters" ON (save your settings) then if connected when you start the game let the living rosters load and mlb today sync up (do not stop the rosters for d/l etc).

How, pray tell ?? can we turn on "living rosters" when the game refuses to load up past the Verlander screen, and isn't that the so called fix for the date error which I have never experienced ?

Well you'd have to set your clock back first to sometime in the summer then load the game while not connected to the internet, then you can go and turn living rosters on and save it. Then when you are connected in future the game will load, just have to let all that stuff load as well (living roster crap etc.).

Well, I set it back and was able to play the game, but this is about as stupid a thing that you should have to do. I have never had another game act in this way. Hopefully, 2K sports will fix this, so when they quit supporting the game, we can play it without the servers. I might add, good luck to that.

You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, God damn it! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' :D