Negro League Mod Play By Play

danc

Hey, I was playing the 1927 negro league (non-integrated) mod and noticed that the commentary

was not the "Legends from the Booth" crew. Is that right? Will Legends work with the

NL mod? The names used by the standard 2k5 announcers are no where close to correct. Not even

Josh Gibson. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

Hey there danc,

I think I might be able to shed some light on this and you actually have a great question. When I first released Version 1 of the ‘Negro League Baseball’ mod; it did have the old Kiper/Krukow (MVP Baseball 2005) play by play. By the time Version 3 of the mod was released; OTBJoel had added player audio for nearly 200 players. Also, by that time we found that anyone could download and install his superb “Legends From the Booth” audio mod: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6074

into the ‘Negro League Mod’.

I double-checked my heavily modified version of the mod on my computer this evening and confirmed that’s exactly what I did, and it does now have the “Legends” doing the play by play and nearly all of the speaking in this mod. OTBJoel pretty much designed this excellent audio mod to “plug-into” basically all of the Total Classics mods.

So, what I would recommend is to make sure you have Version 3 of the Negro League Mod, BACK-UP this version, and then install the “Legends From the Booth” audio mod and you should be good to go. Please let us know how it works out for you.

Dennis

Well, unfortunately, after installing v.3 and applying legends, my first

attempt at game play was a resounding crash. I was trying to play with

the Crawfords at Forbes and it crashed to desktop. Rats. Tried several times

with the same result. Now I am not sure what to do.

Hey danc try this:

Use the back-up (before you installed the Legends audio mod) or original Version 3 Negro League Mod and plug these audio files in.

Put the contents of this ZIP file into the data-audio-spch_pbp folder: http://www.mediafire...me4rc2xlank3i81

Put the contents of this ZIP file into the data-audio-cd-spch_pbp folder: http://www.mediafire...ycg7t1cezdplb76

These are the updated audio files that contained the "Legends" doing play by play plus with added player names into my Negro League Mod. Let me know if this works for you.

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I applied the sound files and the game still crashed.

I thought maybe it was a bad ".doc" save and tried to start

a new dynasty with the Crawfords. First game was in Chicago

and the game crashed. I have played with the Grays, and the

Monarchs since with no problems. My ".doc" save for the

Crawfords was after playing 3 or 4 games prior to updating

so maybe there is a problem with this team in the update?

I am not sure though.

Thanks for the help anyway.