Audio Presentation: Evan Gattis

Tim Tone

I'm sure I'm not the only one who get bother when a batter comes to the plate and there's no audio introducing him.... no name is said besides "number 24".

So is it possible make Braves' Evan Gattis using audio of "Getz", for example?

I mean, using the "sounds like" but keeping the official "Gattis" name locked.

Any suggestions/tips?

thanks guys

You mean linking a players name to some other audio file?

If there is a field in the roster files that does just that, it might be possible. However, if the game links the name to an audiofile automatically, I don't think that's possible.

People have asked about editing sound in 2KSports games before but so for, no-one has been able to do so.

You mean linking a players name to some other audio file?

If there is a field in the roster files that does just that, it might be possible. However, if the game links the name to an audiofile automatically, I don't think that's possible.

The roster file does contain a table of last names that lists 2 associated audio IDs. I haven't tried it, but I imagine that it would be possible to add a new row for "Gattis" that lists the audio IDs for "Getz" (2300 and 2436). Then the game would see that both halves of the player's name are "pronounceable" and the announcer would say "Evan Getz."

Thanks for the tips guys!

On audio table I found a "Gettis" (sic) pronunciation, which perfectly matches.

Now the drama is have a last_name Gattis on players table that reproduces the sound above named.

So, is there any way to indicate the sound on players table? As my REDitor is the free version, I think thats the only way possible to be succeed on that.

• 4 weeks later...