Official MLB 2K12 Patch

Kccitystar

Official MLB 2K12 Patch

NOTE: This patch is only for the DVD-ROM version of the game.

With the game installed, follow these steps:

1) Open the ZIP file and extract mlb2k12_patch_v1.2.0.exe onto your hard drive.
2) Run mlb2k12_patch_v1.2.0.exe and follow any prompted instructions.
3) If you receive an error message, please ensure the game is installed prior to running.

If you've purchased the game on Steam, make sure your Steam client is up to date and Major League Baseball 2K12 is installed in your Steam Library. If you did not receive the patch via automatic download, it should start downloading the next time you attempt to play this title.

I have the amazon digital download and I cannot get this friggin patch to work!

My 2k12 version is 1.0.1.1 --- according to the properties of the program.

Any one know how to get it to work?

This is my error message:

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows installer because the program to be updated maybe missing or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify the program to be updated exists on your computer (YES it Does) and that you have the correct upgrade patch"

Any Ideas?

Thanks

No. I am using a different drive (E). I have a couple of mods installed....Stadiums, a fx mod, and a scoreboard mod--but I dont think any of them messed with the .exe file.

I hear that gameplay is better or smoother post-patch. Is that correct or does the patch correct the date problem? If just the date problem, I could just keep using Beyondo.

Did I miss a prior PC patch? My version is 1.0.1.1. Maybe that is the problem?

I really don't understand what the problem might be. Should I try a clean install on the default directory?

Thanks

Being just an ordinary player and not one of the really smart guys who does the mods, what I'd recommend is not doing a fresh install, but instead creating the default location/folder and copying (without deleting anything from your E drive) everything into it. Then try to install the patch and see what happens. Even if it doesn't work, you still have everything in it's original location. If it DOES work, you can do the reverse and copy the new exe file to the place where your current install is. Hope everything works out!

Good idea. I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight.

Is it just a new exe file that changed with the patch?

What would happen if I used someone else's patched exe file with my game? I would not think that is illegal or piracy since I bought the game with the activation codes, right?

The problem may be your default drive. I saw another person with the same issue that did not have the game on the default "C" drive that the game suggest to install to upon initial installation. try installing the game on your C drive if you can and then run the patch. That seemed to have worked for the other person as it seems the patch also wants to default to the C drive. if it does, you should just be able to copy and paste all the uniform, stadium files etc from your E folder into the game C game folder. Or, actually, you could probably just copy the patched .exe file from the C folder to your E game folder.

Also, it is more than just the date fix. the game does play a lot better on the field.

Hope it works for you.

Hi All,

It was the default drive.

I had to re-download the game from amazon and install it on the default dive C. The patch worked fine after that. Now I have to add the mods from my previous version. Only downside is that I am starting from scratch.

THANK YOU ALL for your help!

yea that was me that said copy over everthing to folder then copy back everything back but the exe after the install of the patch. the patch requrees the defalt location