Windows 8 And 2K12...help!

HarleyRider

I don't have Windows 8, so this is just speculation which seems logical... have you tried the Compatibility Mode feature?

Right-Click on the program's icon and then click on Properties from the context menu which pops up.

Then click on the Compatibility Tab.

You'll see an option with a drop-down list to Run this program in compatibility mode for:

From that list you should be able to choose Windows 7 or just about any past version of Windows.

Once you've set that up, you would try to start the game just as you're used to doing it.

I don't have Windows 8, so this is just speculation which seems logical... have you tried the Compatibility Mode feature?

Right-Click on the program's icon and then click on Properties from the context menu which pops up.

Then click on the Compatibility Tab.

You'll see an option with a drop-down list to Run this program in compatibility mode for:

From that list you should be able to choose Windows 7 or just about any past version of Windows.

Once you've set that up, you would try to start the game just as you're used to doing it.

Yep-yep-yep,... already did that. First thing I tried and didn't work. Sorry. Maybe I should have posted that along with my question.

Thanks buddy and I just tried it and it's a no-go!

I guess 2k Sports wasn't smart enough to look ahead to Windows 8!!!

But of course with their pathetic tech support it doesn't surprise me.

Thank God I have my desktop to play it on! LOL!!!

Thanks again for the link anyway. :good:

Cheers!!!

I'm running MLB 2K12 on Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and before that I was running it on Windows 8 Pro x64 without any problems at all. I've never run into a problem with the game.

Maybe I'll wait for the "official" release of Windows 8.1 and try to install it again and see what happens.

Maybe they will include some drivers for older programs... (???)