Check Swing With Xbox 360 Controller?

aceshigh

Hello people! Does anyone know how to check swing in MLB 2K12, using the Xbox 360 controller? If I remember well, in 2K11, all you had to do was stop the analog stick around halfway through the "swing", but this seems not to be working on 2K12, and I find myself swinging at really bad pitches all the time, even if I slightly push the stick. This happens both on contact swings and power swings. However, I once happened to notice that, during a power swing, I "swung" so fast that my thumb slipped off the stick and it accidentally pressed either the A or the X button on the controller (I don't remember which one) and the batter actually checked his swing! Since then, I have tried numerous times to make it happen again, with no results. So here I am, wondering if anyone else has an answer to this, because even the game's instruction manual doesn't help. Thanks in advance to whoever will chime in!

At best it's a random thing. I've had it happen a few times and it's just happens when you least expect it. I use the simplified batting, just push the bottom button and at times it will happen if I stop it, but maybe 5% of the time???maybe that much.

Awesome, thanks for the replies! At least I know there is a way, no matter how hard it is. Raidersbball20, I use the analog stick too, but it has happened only once in the 2 years that I've owned the game. It's gonna be kinda hard to master, as apparently I tend to "swing" too hard on the analog stick. I had to change the left stick twice, because of the cover coming off of it or the rubber wearing out. Thanks again!