10 Years Of Mvp Baseball 2005

Peter Griffin

On February 22 of 2005, the best baseball game of all time was released to store shelfs, MVP Baseball 2005. It was on many platforms, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, PSP, and most importantly the PC. The game was heavily improved form MVP Baseball 2004 in gameplay and features. MVP Baseball 2005 introduced Single A teams, witch hasn't been done since. MVP 05 also introduced Owner Mode, where you could create you're own stadium for the team that was chosen. Though it was very simple, creating a ballpark hasn't been seen on any baseball game since. MVPMods, who was making mods for MVP 04, were making updates for 05 as well. The PC Version didn't sell well, but it was a hit among people who wanted to update their game. In late 2005, EA bought out the exclusive rights to NFL Games to have their Madden game be the only football game on the market. EA was scared by ESPN 2K5, the best football game of all time, that only had a $19.99 pricetag and offered better gameplay with ESPN integration as well. EA could no longer afford MLB rights after the NFL buyout, so 2K bought out the rights that EA had, signaling the death of MVP MLB Baseball. EA made an MVP Baseball for NCAA in 2006 and 2007, but they didn't sell well and they didn't have a PC release. They improved MVP 05 in some ways, but it was a shame that there was no MLB Teams. MVP MLB Baseball being scraped didn't phase the crews at EAMods and MVPMods, As they released MVP 06: MLB Baseball, a total conversion mod updating the 05 game with 06 Jerseys, Rosters, Stadiums, Portraits, Cyberfaces, etc. The crew at MVPMods has accomplished so much to keep MVP Baseball 2005 alive. Lets look at the achievements of the website

6 Current Season TC Mods

45 Total Classic Mods

Over 4,000 Mods

Lets all give a big round of applause to the crew at MVPMods that has kept this great game alive!

Man, I remember preordering MVP Baseball 2005 for PC at the local EB Games at the time. I remember waiting that week, avoiding all of the impressions, and then picking it up, playing it for the first time, probably a quick 3 inning affair....then finding out most of the 2004 mods work for 2005.

I was excited.

My friend had the PS2 version and I remember shouting "LEFTY GLITCH NO MORE, SON!" at him and stomping him with the Brewers that day. It was fun.

KC what I remember most about when we first got the game was how invincible Fuzzone was during online play. Do you remember the guy that did the most damage for him? Luis Rivas of the Twins. This guy was lucky to hit .220 in real life but for Fuzz he was Ruth, Gehrig, Dimaggio and Mantle rolled into one.

I played him quite a few times in online play and I was lucky to come away with a win only once. Barely.