Royals franchis.

rcgamer

I posted some videos from my current franchis on youtube so thought I would post here also.  KC Royals.  I picked up Everth Cabrerra from free agency at the start of the season and of course Escobar got injured during the 5th game so that's why he's in there.  First vid is from my 17th game.  It was a nail biter.  Pitching duel for most of the game between Chris Sale and Edinson Volquez.  Finally broke through for a run in the top of the seventh.  The White Sox answered with 2 in the bottom of the eigth off Kelvin Herrera and Wade Davis.  I tied it up in the top of the ninth.  The video starts with one out in the bottom of the ninth.

We dominated game 3 of the series with the White Sox so we stood at 11 and 7 on the season.  Here is the final game of the series.

https://youtu.be/7ecTkbyTX3w

Edited by rcgamer

Game two of the series with Cleveland was a blowout.  Hosmer and Perez had back to back homers (Perez's first) and Cain later added his first of the season as well.  Duffy scattered 7 hits in a complete game performance while only getting 3 strikeouts.  A Carlos Santana homer early was the Indians only run.  On the downside Dyson had a groin injury so he's going to the dl.  

Here's the highlights and box score video

https://youtu.be/Dy-e0HEpc_8

Edited by rcgamer

Trading Cueto off has so far looked like a brilliant move as the rookie Tyler Skaggs has been lights out.  In 4 games he is now 4-0 with a crazy ERA of 0.33 and a whip of .081.  The Royals lead baseball in lowest ERA and it's in large part due to Skaggs.    The Tigers freefall continued as the Royals took game one of the four game set.  

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_8_2016 9_21_37 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_8_2016 9_26_05 PM.png

13 and 11 now.  It was an extra inning affair as the Tigers won 4-2 in the 11th.   The play of the game was an infield single, a slow bouncer with one out and Cabrera on first that caught Moustakas in no mans land.  Going to be a tough season I think.  Bats need to get going. Will post the game video tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/U9G0UohM8Bw

Edited by rcgamer

The Royals take game 3 of the series. Yet another extra inning game.  Ventura went 10 innings thanks in large part to the aggressive Tigers hitters.  His pitch count never got to 100.  Everth Cabrera with the walk off hit to score Paulo Orlando. This offense needs to get rolling though.  Just not scoring many runs but still only 1 back in the Central.

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_9_2016 5_54_18 AM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_9_2016 5_54_29 AM.png

The Royals take the series 3 games to 1.  The game took 17 innings.  The biggest play of the game was an error by Nick Castellanos with 2 out and a Moustakas at second. He pulled Cabrera off the bag allowing Perez to be safe at first.  It would have been the third out. The next hitter, Rios, won the game with a base hit up the middle. Tim Collins had to leave the game with back pain. Further tests determined he would be out for 13+ days so he went to the 15 day DL and Jobba Chamberlain was brought up.

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_10_2016 7_27_49 AM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_10_2016 7_27_36 AM.png

Cleveland comes to town for the early season rematch. Guess what? Another low scoring, extra inning game.  2-1 in 12.  This is getting ridiculous.  I've completely lost my focus and start swinging at everything. Oh well, it's a win. Now tied for 1st at 16 and 11.

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_10_2016 11_33_42 AM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_10_2016 11_33_07 AM.png

Make it 4 straight wins for the good guys now.  Thankfully not another extra inning game.  Royals win 7-4 to take sole possession of first.  Tyler Skaggs finally showed he's human giving up 4 runs in 7 innings but the Royals bats finally showed some working over Corey Kluber for 7 runs in 6 innings.   

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_10_2016 9_52_05 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_10_2016 9_50_10 PM.png

Edited by rcgamer

Ouch, I simmed 12 games to get us to an even 40 and the good guys took a beating going 3 and 9 during the stretch.  On the good side though the team is back to full strength health-wise.  20 and 20 for the season and 1.5 back in the division.

And now we have a losing record as we fall to the Reds 5-3.  20 and 21 and the bats are just freezing cold for the most part.  Duffy looked great for 4 innings and then fell apart giving up 4 runs in the 5th.   Perez and Zobrist hit solo homers and Escobar had a sac fly to score Gordon.  Jay Bruce had a controversial hit to keep the 4th going for the Reds when it appeared Dyson had made a great diving catch but it was ruled as a trap and the inning would continue.

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_14_2016 1_03_34 AM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_14_2016 1_03_15 AM.png

Frustration is mounting with this team.  Another loss, this time to the Cards.  Tyler Skaggs who had been brilliant just got tattooed giving up 7 runs in 3 and a third.   The offense came back to make it close but the Cards would not be caught adding insurance runs late to win 10-8.  

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_15_2016 2_39_41 AM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_15_2016 2_38_42 AM.png

Safe to say the bottom has fell out now.  Another loss.  The Yankees just scorched Ventura and Herrera in this one.  That's now 12 losses in our last 14 games.  Starting pitching now has went to hell.  This isn't looking good at all.  Elsbury hit for the cycle.

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_15_2016 4_17_22 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_15_2016 4_17_11 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 1_15_2016 4_18_10 PM.png